Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.

Go down 
+12
TheGooch
Chairman_Smith
caniplaywithmadness?
krokus
GrandNational
Fat Freddy
mc666
Tall Tyrion
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
KissinMaiden
romeolimagolf
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 9:50 am

novellahub wrote:
How about singers you did not want to hear? Pat Boone comes to mind with his metal album. His "Eye's Of Innocence" cover of Holy Soldier (Encore Album) is absolutely horrible. He sounds like a dying cow!

I found In A Metal Mood to be very amusing honestly
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 10:27 am

Eyesore wrote:
IronAge wrote:
Christina Aguilera is horrible...she
couldn't sing real metal let alone survive in metal circles.She
probably does play a mean skinflute.
Are you crazy? Her
voice is awesome! Her music is crap, but they're to separate
things.
Unlike all the other musical disney bread pop-tarts,
the woman can sing. She's awesome.....but yeah, wrong music.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 10:28 am

My vote:

Michael W. Smith 🤘
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 4:18 pm

IronAge wrote:
...it takes a certain attitude,a special something if you will-to belt out heavy metal vocals.If you think she has an "amazing" voice more power to ya-but believe me theres alot more to it.She could try to fake it i guess but not in front of a metal audience.Often times no matter how well off you are in one area,it doesn't always translate to success in another....Id bet you the farm that she'd be totally out of her element.

Yeah!!!!! i totaly agree.
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 4:41 pm

krokus wrote:
I would not like to hear nonmetal people sing metal to be honest. We have enough great singers with a big metal heart and thats the most important thing, not the quality of his/her voice only, also its important the passion and feeling of a true metal singer and that would be hard to do for a false metal head or non metal people.

I have to respectfully disagree. One does not have to have a 'metal heart' to make quality metal music. Didn't Marty Friedman leave metal to make commercial jingles in Japan or some crap like that? So one could say his heart wasn't in metal. Do we now discount all the work he did with Megadeth because it wasn't "tr00"? Ben Moody up and left Evanescence. His heart wasn't in it either. Do we discount all the work he did with Evanescence? (If they are metal or not is debatable. Some people call them pop metal or goth metal.) Ross the Boss left Manowar because his heart wasn't in it. Do we discount all the music he made with them? The point I am trying to make, is that a professional musician or singer who gets paid to perform on an album will do so to the very best of their ability. If not, they will not be professional musicians very long. It has to do more with a person's work ethic than if their 'heart is in it'. It is about one taking pride in their work.
To use an analogy: Lets say I am a professional auto mechanic. I like to work on Chevys. Does that mean I will put less effort into when I have to work on a Ford? I think that if Christina Aguilera or Kelly Clarkson recorded a gothic metal album along the lines of Within Temptation, Epica, or After Forever, and I was to give said album to fan of the aformentioned bands without telling them who the singer was, they would probably love it. If I told them who the singer was first, they would hate it. Metal fans are some of the most elitist fans in the world. In fact I will say that right now, with the proliferation of the female fronted gothic metal bands, their are many singers out there right now who are.........how can I say this.....not very good. Many cannot hold a candle to Christina Aguilera or Kelly Clarkson on vocal abiltity alone. Adding either one of them would be a vast improvement in some bands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 4:47 pm

romeolimagolf wrote:
I have to respectfully disagree. One does not have to have a 'metal heart' to make quality metal music. It has to do more with a person's work ethic than if their 'heart is in it'. It is about one taking pride in their work.
Many cannot hold a candle to Christina Aguilera or Kelly Clarkson on vocal abiltity alone. Adding either one of them would be a vast improvement in some bands.

I completely agree. cheers

Take Michael Kiske from Helloween. He left because he didn't want to play metal anymore and his voice is the prototype for the majority of power metal bands these days.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 4:51 pm

I understand your point romeolimagolf but i think that MARTY FRIEDMAN when he was in VIXEN, HAWAI, ALOA or MEGADETH he had realy a metalheart only little by little he wanted to experimient and do other things and lost his fate in metal. But i dont think he was ever pretending to be a metal guitar player, he realy had a feeling for metal.
Also about ROSS THE BOSS, when he started with MANOWAR his heart was in it too but same with FRIEDMAN he just wanted to move on or in his case go back to his punk roots but he never fooled his metal fans.
Do you understand my point??? I respect yours.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 4:53 pm

spectrefate wrote:
romeolimagolf wrote:
I have to respectfully disagree. One does not have to have a 'metal heart' to make quality metal music. It has to do more with a person's work ethic than if their 'heart is in it'. It is about one taking pride in their work.
Many cannot hold a candle to Christina Aguilera or Kelly Clarkson on vocal abiltity alone. Adding either one of them would be a vast improvement in some bands.

I completely agree. cheers

Take Michael Kiske from Helloween. He left because he didn't want to play metal anymore and his voice is the prototype for the majority of power metal bands these days.

MICHAEL KISKE loved what he did when he started in HELLOWEEN. He was always a big ELVIS FAN but also liked many metal bands. He got tired of doing that power metal voice and he decided to move on to something else. Still, when he did the KEEPERS his mind and soul was in metal, i dont think CHRISTINA AGUILERA have any metal in her veins Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 4:59 pm

krokus wrote:
Still, when he did the KEEPERS his mind and soul was in metal, i dont think CHRISTINA AGUILERA have any metal in her veins Very Happy

I agree.

But wouldn't Christina be nice in leathers? Smile
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 5:00 pm

spectrefate wrote:
krokus wrote:
Still, when he did the KEEPERS his mind and soul was in metal, i dont think CHRISTINA AGUILERA have any metal in her veins Very Happy

I agree.

But wouldn't Christina be nice in leathers? Smile

Yeahh!!!! i think so lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 5:10 pm

romeolimagolf wrote:
I think that if Christina Aguilera or Kelly Clarkson recorded a gothic metal album along the lines of Within Temptation, Epica, or After Forever, and I was to give said album to fan of the aformentioned bands without telling them who the singer was, they would probably love it. If I told them who the singer was first, they would hate it.
This is truth. I've proven this theory over at metalreviews.com, fooling worthless posters into praising a singer or band they previously trashed based on who they were and nothing more. There's nothing quite like reading the reactions of those people when they're exposed as trendy trash talkers. Haha.
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 5:11 pm

Another point: Didn't Tarja Turunen come from an Opera background? And the new singer Anette Olzon comes from a pop background. Neither one of them were 'metal' before joining Nightwish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 8:12 pm

CARTMAN!!!!lol! Billy Joel was in a metal band called "Thor" many years ago and Michael Bolton was in a metal band called "Blackjack"... I do use the term "metal" loosley as does most of the world... which is NOT typical of me. I would like to hear James Hetfield sing metal AGAIN sometime too!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 5:28 pm

romeolimagolf wrote:
Another point: Didn't Tarja Turunen come from an Opera background? And the new singer Anette Olzon comes from a pop background. Neither one of them were 'metal' before joining Nightwish.

I would not call NIGHTWISH a metal band Laughing very hardlol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 5:40 pm

romeolimagolf wrote:
Tarja is a classically trained singer, she had no metal background before joining Nightwish. Nightwish was never supposed to be a band. She initially was supposed to just sing on a three-song demo that Tuomas recorded. It was all folky and acoustic and totally not metal at all. And then look what happened! She became one of the baddest female metal vocalists in the world.

Anette comes from a rock background, more or less. Alyson Avenue is basically an AOR band, similar to Brother Firetribe in style. Anette is far more "true" than Tarja, but look at the backlash the band has received because Anette isn't the same kind of singer as Tarja. Bottom line: it doesn't matter!

By the way, the new Nightwish is pretty outstanding!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 5:41 pm

krokus wrote:
romeolimagolf wrote:

Then you're retarded. Haha. (Joking, settle down, sonny!) They're most definitely a metal band. Have you heard them?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 5:49 pm

Matthias Blad had this sort of route, didn't he?
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 6:45 pm

Eyesore wrote:
romeolimagolf wrote:
Tarja is a classically trained singer, she had no metal background before joining Nightwish. Nightwish was never supposed to be a band. She initially was supposed to just sing on a three-song demo that Tuomas recorded. It was all folky and acoustic and totally not metal at all. And then look what happened! She became one of the baddest female metal vocalists in the world.

Anette comes from a rock background, more or less. Alyson Avenue is basically an AOR band, similar to Brother Firetribe in style. Anette is far more "true" than Tarja, but look at the backlash the band has received because Anette isn't the same kind of singer as Tarja. Bottom line: it doesn't matter!

By the way, the new Nightwish is pretty outstanding!

My point was that neither one of them, (and yes Matthias Bladate also, who according to wiki comes from a theater background), ate, slept, breathe and s**t metal before joing Nightwish. They were simply professional singers hired to sing in a metal band, and they all did a very good job. They were not laughed off stage for 'faking it'. Thus proving that Christina, Kelly, or any other singer from a non-metal bacground could perform quality metal without having to worship at the altar of the metal gods.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 8:29 pm

I agree. Sorry for going off on a tangent. Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 9:59 am

Frank Sinatra. "Hell bent, you crazy koo-koo dame, hell bent for leather, scooby-dooby-doo!"
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 10:04 am

Eyesore wrote:
krokus wrote:
romeolimagolf wrote:

Then you're retarded. Haha. (Joking, settle down, sonny!) They're most definitely a metal band. Have you heard them?

lol! yes, i heard them but no, they are not metal Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 4:08 pm

Meatloaf would be my number one choice
or
How about the Three Tenors singing symphonic metal.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 5:08 pm

krokus wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
krokus wrote:
romeolimagolf wrote:

lol! yes, i heard them but no, they are not metal Laughing very hard
They are most certainly metal. How can you say they're not?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: