Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

W.A.S.P. - KFD

Go down 
+8
James B.
manny
Fat Freddy
Orion Crystal Ice
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
SpectreFate
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

W.A.S.P. - KFD Empty
PostSubject: W.A.S.P. - KFD   W.A.S.P. - KFD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 9:38 am

Here is an album that I cound not stand when it came out. So, it did not get many plays thereafter. Put it in the other day and was completely blown away! It is much more technical and METAL than I remember. I completely dug it!

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

W.A.S.P. - KFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - KFD   W.A.S.P. - KFD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 9:42 am

I love it. Always have.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

W.A.S.P. - KFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - KFD   W.A.S.P. - KFD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:05 am

It gets dumped on allot because Blackie was jumping on the Manson/NIN bandwagon and giving the songs an industrial flair to them. For the most part, I think it works just fine. I have no problem with the album.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

W.A.S.P. - KFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - KFD   W.A.S.P. - KFD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:36 am

I'll have to revisit it. I've not heard it in years.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

W.A.S.P. - KFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - KFD   W.A.S.P. - KFD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:12 am

The industrial flair with W.A.S.P. works AWESOME. Pay no mind to the naysayers. My complaint would be the songs with the constant F bomb F bomb F bomb....but yeah this record is smoking. Bonus track is good too and is more in a rock n' roll vein - 'Tokyo's On Fire'.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

W.A.S.P. - KFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - KFD   W.A.S.P. - KFD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:28 am

I love me some W.A.S.P. but I just couldn't get into this one beyond the title track and "Take the Addiction."

In fact, I believe I traded my copy to SpectreFate a couple of years ago because it was just gathering dust.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

W.A.S.P. - KFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - KFD   W.A.S.P. - KFD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:30 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
The industrial flair with W.A.S.P. works AWESOME.

I think it was a fine experiment that worked out well for Blackie and that one album, but in the long term, I'm glad it's not something he stuck with. It was unnecessary in my opinion. He can write heavy, catchy tunes without all that excess. He would have been labeled a "trend-hopper" and he's better than that.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

W.A.S.P. - KFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - KFD   W.A.S.P. - KFD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:42 am

If it calls for it then it calls for it. Songs or concepts need something else sometimes. 'Babylon' is very traditional for them and one of the best things they've done IMO, whereas 'Helldorado'....traditional, same thing but ummmm...poopy, very poopy. 'Electric Circus'...another kind of departure, yet also very poopy.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

W.A.S.P. - KFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - KFD   W.A.S.P. - KFD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 12:11 pm

There are some really great tracks on Electric Circus. But I am a total Johnny Rod bobo.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

W.A.S.P. - KFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - KFD   W.A.S.P. - KFD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 12:22 pm

Can't argue with 'Restless Gypsy' or the Heep cover, but the rest.... sick
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

W.A.S.P. - KFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - KFD   W.A.S.P. - KFD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 12:43 pm

If you listen to the live versions of these tunes on " Double Assassins" discs, it proves these were solid songs that did not need the window dressing of the industrial elements added to the studio version of these song.

I like the album but admit it is not an album I re-visit very often.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

W.A.S.P. - KFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - KFD   W.A.S.P. - KFD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 1:44 pm

manny wrote:
If you listen to the live versions of these tunes on " Double Assassins" discs, it proves these were solid songs that did not need the window dressing of the industrial elements added to the studio version of these song.

Exactly.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

W.A.S.P. - KFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - KFD   W.A.S.P. - KFD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 2:09 pm

I've never heard this one

kinda/sorta sounds interesting

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

W.A.S.P. - KFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - KFD   W.A.S.P. - KFD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 4:16 pm

I think W.A.S.P. and Alice cooper were the only artists that could incorporate any of the industrial sound and make it still sound good.

And really, to be fair, it's not like KFD is a straight up Manson/NIN cloned record. It sounds like a W.A.S.P. record, just with some industrial stuff on top.

And I hate industrial. Completely.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

W.A.S.P. - KFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - KFD   W.A.S.P. - KFD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 5:16 pm

It gives a different, tasty texture and I do think production does have a bit of a pull in how a record sounds. If 'Number of the Beast' sounded like a Black Dahlia Murder record (I know that is absurd and impossible but hear me out), it wouldn't nearly have the standing it does. Even though the songs ARE KING....it's just how it goes. Songs sometimes call for a suitable sound too.

I remember when this album came out I was just getting into W.A.S.P. - I got into them by this triumvirate, - self-titled, Double Live Assassins, and K.F.D. Loved 'em all. I remember the controversy and interviews about is Blackie trying to out-Manson Manson, and maybbbbeeeee there was a little credence to that but even so. They were obviously there first, and Manson has reinvented his sound as well from album to album, it's not like he owned industrial tinged anything. This one is definitely W.A.S.P. through and through and with that signature Chris Holmes guitar tone.

I think Paradise Lost got more flak for introducing electronic stuff but I didn't think that was that bad either. I do think this record succeeds more.

Can you tell I'm a fan? Laughing very hard

You guys need to check out the other 'lost' W.A.S.P. one too, 'Still Not Black Enough'...... oooooooohhh yes.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

W.A.S.P. - KFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - KFD   W.A.S.P. - KFD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 6:57 pm

I think, for me, after hearing that abortion of an album from Dangerous Toys, the direction Fight was going with Mutations, Taime Downe hooking up with Pigface then doing the NewlyDeads, etc - I just did not give KFD much of a chance back then.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

W.A.S.P. - KFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - KFD   W.A.S.P. - KFD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:30 pm

James B. wrote:
I've never heard this one

kinda/sorta sounds interesting

I really enjoyed from its release date. Yeah it has a NIN, MInistry feel to it, but I guess for me the content was appropriate to the time in my life. Lets just say it is a good break up disc...
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

W.A.S.P. - KFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - KFD   W.A.S.P. - KFD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:49 am

I like it. Saw 'em on that tour. Really, if you strip away the industrial icing, it's pretty much a standard W.A.S.P. album, musically.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

W.A.S.P. - KFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - KFD   W.A.S.P. - KFD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 8:24 am

Infinite wrote:
I like it. Saw 'em on that tour. Really, if you strip away the industrial icing, it's pretty much a standard W.A.S.P. album, musically.

It would be cool if Blackie re-visited KFD, and re-recorded it without the industrial aspect.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

W.A.S.P. - KFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - KFD   W.A.S.P. - KFD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 2:56 pm

After reading this thread I dug out my copy and gave it a spin. I hadn't played this cd in quite a long time. But after hearing it again it's a very good album!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

W.A.S.P. - KFD Empty
PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. - KFD   W.A.S.P. - KFD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

W.A.S.P. - KFD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: