Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor Empty
PostSubject: Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor   Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 1:52 am

Quote :
The eagerly awaited new ROB ZOMBIE album, "Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor", will be released on April 23 on Zodiac Swan/T-Boy/Ume. The CD was produced by Bob Marlette, who has previously worked with everyone from BLACK SABBATH and ALICE COOPER to WILSON PHILLIPS and LYNYRD SKYNYRD.

The "Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor" cover artwork can be seen below. Also available is an audio sample of the CD's first single, "Dead City Radio And The New Gods Of Super Town".

"I think for the first time this new album perfectly merges the old days of WHITE ZOMBIE with the future of what I am doing now," says Rob. "I think fans of both will agree that this is the perfect combo of both worlds."

A rock icon and auteur filmmaker with insight and unlimited vision, Rob Zombie has continuously challenged audiences as he stretches the boundaries of music, film, and publishing. Now, the seven-time Grammy-nominated recording artist releases his fifth solo album, "Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor", which includes "Dead City Radio And The New Gods Of Super Town", along with such tracks as "Ging Gang Gong De Do Gong De Laga Raga", "Lucifer Rising", "Behold! The Pretty Filthy Creatures" and a heavy-duty cover of GRAND FUNK RAILROAD's "We're an American Band".

"Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor" is the first release on Rob's new label, Zodiac Swan, through T-Boy Records/UMe.

Zombie told The Pulse Of Radio what goals he set for himself in making the new album. "I wanted someone to hear it and go, 'Wow, I haven't heard that before,'" he said. "I wanted it to be just different. We really went out of our way with the sounds, so every song has a very different sound, a very different guitar sound, drum sound, just everything, where the sound, the actual sound becomes very important. You know, after all these years you want to still try to feel that you can break through new, creative areas in your own mind, and that's really what we're just trying to do, you know."

T-Boy Records is veteran rock manager Andy Gould's new partnership with Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) which will serve as an umbrella label releasing new music and albums from established iconic hard-rock bands with major followings.

Gould, who currently heads his own Spectacle Entertainment Group, has managed Rob Zombie since his days in WHITE ZOMBIE. Gould's track record includes sales exceeding fifteen million worldwide and seven Grammy nominations with Zombie, including securing deals for Zombie to become one of only a handful of people to have unprecedented success for six feature films as the writer and director.

"We have had a great deal of success in the past with Rob Zombie," explains Gould about his decision to take the new venture to UMe. "We want to sign rock bands with brand names that do good business on the road, and have been underserved by the major label system. The idea I had arose out of discussions with the other managers of major hard-rock acts who all felt their artists could benefit from an improved label experience. We're looking to super-serve this niche audience, which is tremendously loyal, and is often even larger internationally than here in the States."

As a musician, Rob Zombie has sold over fifteen million albums worldwide to date. His last studio album was "Hellbilly Deluxe 2". The CD came a decade after its predecessor, "Hellbilly Deluxe", the album that established Zombie as a solo artist after the breakup of multi-platinum group WHITE ZOMBIE. That triple-platinum album also yielded a string of successful radio singles, namely "Dragula", "Superbeast" and "Living Dead Girl", which dominated the airwaves.

The rocker-turned-film director is the only artist to experience unprecedented success in both music and film as the writer/director of five feature films, with a worldwide gross totaling more than $100 million dollars. The week of his album release, Zombie will premiere his sixth motion picture, "The Lords Of Salem", that he wrote, directed and produced in tandem with the producers of the "Paranormal Activity" franchise, on April 26, with Anchor Bay Films.

Last year, in addition to working on his film, Zombie also dominated the touring world in 2012, blowing away audiences on the road with MEGADETH, then with MARILYN MANSON for the "Twins Of Evil Tour". Zombie and his band of maniacs — John 5 on guitar, Piggy D on bass and Ginger Fish on drums — brought their elaborate, multi-media production, complete with hair-raising theatrics, animatronic robots, oversized LED screens, a non-stop collage of psychotronic monster film clips, a spectacular light show, a gigantic robot with flames shooting out of its body, pyrotechnics, insane guitar riffs and vicious beats to audiences and festivals around the world.

Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor Zombievendor
Sounds different, but lots of potential. Hope it's a great one!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor   Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:55 am

I've always enjoyed his music. I like his style.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor   Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:20 am

I dig that album cover.

I haven't really cared for much of his music outside of La Sexorcisto.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor   Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:25 am

Geez, the title's a bit of a mouthful, isn't it? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor   Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:29 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

It is. I also like that title, too. This all around looks like an album I will want to like, but doubt I will.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor   Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Meh, that's nothing new. Ladies & gentlemen of the jury, I give you Exhibit A:
Astro-Creep: 2000 – Songs of Love, Destruction and Other Synthetic Delusions of the Electric Head

Try saying that one 3 times fast! Laughing

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor   Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:40 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

It is. I also like that title, too. This all around looks like an album I will want to like, but doubt I will.

He's one of those artists you either like or hate. Not too much middle ground that I've seen. I appreciate the effort he puts into his work. From the artwork to the stage productions, he's right there in the thick of it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor   Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:54 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

He's one of those artists you either like or hate. Not too much middle ground that I've seen. I appreciate the effort he puts into his work. From the artwork to the stage productions, he's right there in the thick of it.

Yeah, I definitely admire him as an artist. I also like his movies. Or 2 of them at least, his originals. I thought his first Halloween was ok. Hated the second.

Stoked for Lords of Salem though!
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor   Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 2:07 pm

"I think for the first time this new album perfectly merges the old days of WHITE ZOMBIE with the future of what I am doing now," says Rob. "I think fans of both will agree that this is the perfect combo of both worlds."

I take it he's never visited the internet.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor   Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 3:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Meh, that's nothing new. Ladies & gentlemen of the jury, I give you Exhibit A:
Astro-Creep: 2000 – Songs of Love, Destruction and Other Synthetic Delusions of the Electric Head

Try saying that one 3 times fast! Laughing
Or these:

Hellbilly Deluxe: 13 Tales Of Cadaverous Cavorting Inside The Spookshow International

Hellbilly Deluxe 2: Noble Jackals, Penny Dreadfuls and the Systematic Dehumanization of Cool
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor   Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 5:34 pm

"Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor" track listing:

01. Teenage Nosferatu p*ssy
02. Dead City Radio And The New Gods Of Supertown
03. Revelation Revolution
04. Theme For The Rat Vendor
05. Gong Gang Gong De Do Gong De Laga Raga
06. Rock And Roll (In A Black Hole)
07. Behold! The Pretty Filthy Creatures
08. White Trash Freaks
09. We're An American Band (GRAND FUNK RAILROAD cover)
10. Lucifer Rising
11. The Girl Who Loved The Monsters
12. Trade In Your Guns For A Coffin

Full song can be heard here:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=186644
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor   Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor
Page 1 of 1