Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC

Go down 
+6
Addy
James B.
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
ultmetal
brokentulsa
10 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC Empty
PostSubject: WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC   WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 5:07 pm

Everyone talks about who AC/DC influences but what is some stuff that influenced them. They say Chuck Berry, Yardbirds, John Lee Hooker....
I think maybe this influenced them....

What is some bands ya'll Think?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC   WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 5:11 pm

Chuck Berry is a no brainer. I think The Kinks were a big influence on a lot of the heavier bands early on.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC   WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 5:19 pm

Bee Gees
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC   WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 5:29 pm

Angus & Malcom's big brother George probably did too. He had a couple of hits as a member of The Easybeats in the 60's

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC   WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 5:36 pm

Bon (nuff said)

His personality and swaggar defined the band early on and influenced the way Angus and Malcom wrote.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC   WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 5:45 pm

James B. wrote:
Bon (nuff said)

His personality and swaggar defined the band early on and influenced the way Angus and Malcom wrote.

So, then, Geordie also influenced post-Bon?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC   WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 6:08 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
James B. wrote:
Bon (nuff said)

So, then, Geordie also influenced post-Bon?

I just took the obvious early musical influence(s) of the Young brothers a bit deeper and applied that to the way AC/DC developed with Bon's influence as frontman/singer/co-writer.

If ya can't grasp it.....listen to or better yet watch the differences in each incarnation of AC/DC. IMHDO.....One of things that gave AC/DC alot of their style and personality died with Bon. It was never recaptured with Brian and due to that.....I state Bon as a valid influence on how/why AC/DC sounded like they did.

opinion

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC   WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 6:28 pm

James B. wrote:
If ya can't grasp it.....listen to or better yet watch the differences in each incarnation of AC/DC. IMHDO.....One of things that gave AC/DC alot of their style and personality died with Bon. It was never recaptured with Brian and due to that.....I state Bon as a valid influence on how/why AC/DC sounded like they did.

opinion

Completely agree. 99% of the blue-based brilliance got lost in trying to dominate the world with creating an album that came close to BiB.

The Geordie thing was just a new segment I just invented called "F'in With James"....
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC   WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 6:41 pm

Bee Gees

When they were folk or disco?

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC   WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 7:17 pm

Buster Brown and/or Buffalo maybe in Australia, and perhaps Slade from the UK? Just logical guesses, I don't know really.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC   WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 7:56 pm

Surprised that no-one's mentioned the Stones.

So I will.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC   WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 10:32 pm

I would say the early blues masters that were HUGE in Britain in the mid to late 60's like Howlin Wolf and Muddy Waters. Add to that the the 60's garage rock and maybe some Alice. I don't know, just guessing.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC   WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:30 am

The Geordie thing was just a new segment I just invented called "F'in With James"....

I'd "ALMOST" feel special except that you like F'n with just about everyone.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC   WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 3:09 am

I did a little research and recalled that the Young brothers (including older brother George) as well as Bon Scott were all born in Glasgow Scotland. The boys were just kids when they moved to Australia, but George and Bon must have been into the Glasgow scene as teenagers. Of course that scene featured Alex Harvey (The SAHB!), who had covered some Vanda/Young songs (Anthem, for one)by the time the Ac/Dc boys started recording in '74. I also found references to Bon sound somewhat like Harvey in his early concert recordings. If they kept their ears turned to Scotland they probably also were exposed to early Nazareth- which makes a lot of sense too as a near contemporary influence. I would say that the SAHB and Nazareth were immediate influences, with the roots coming from the Kinks and Stones, yeah. And I'm sticking with Slade and Buster Brown, although I can't find any references there.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC   WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:10 pm

Chuck Berry, The Stones, Jerry Lee Louis, Little Richard (are you kidding!)... Muddy Waters...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC   WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHO INFLUENCED AC/DC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: