Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions) Empty
PostSubject: Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions)   Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 10:49 pm

I have been praising this label for years, but today they blew me away again. I've always tried to pick up their limited editions, usually limited to 4,000 worldwide. The booklets (on any version) most always have lyrics, liner notes about every song, and a piece called The Story So Far..., where it gives short rundown of the band's history. Sometimes there's a foreword, a sticker, a poster, and other nice little extras. There's always bonus tracks, sometimes on a second CD, and they included DVDs quite often.

With that said, the limited version of Stardawn by Domain is just ridiculous. I bought it tonight and it comes as such:

Housed in a deluxe 5-panel digipack
2 CDs: Stardawn and The Essence of Glory (a 16-track Best Of disc)
1 DVD: Seven Days In Korea - Live 2005 (7 live tracks, 2 TV performances, an interview, and slideshow)
26-page Stardawn booklet (incl. lyrics, foreword, liner notes, and The Story So Far...)
12-page Seven Days In Korea/The Essence of Glory booklet

Simply brilliant. And at just $18.99, the price is killer! This was Domain's 20th Anniversary release, so the packaging celebrates this, but it's not much more than standard LMP releases. Galloglass's Heavenseeker album, for instance, has 2 bonus tracks, a bonus live DVD with extra footage and features, a sticker, a poster, a 22-page booklet with all the extras I mentioned above, and it's housed in a nice 4-panel digipack. And that's a regular release for LMPs limited editions.

Anyway, just thought I'd praise this outstanding label and encourage everyone to support them!

Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions) Domain
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions)   Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 12:29 pm

I have Rhapsody's Dawn Of Voctory Limited Edition, and like you say, it is just wicked.

PostSubject: Re: Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions)   Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 1:09 pm

kmorg wrote:
I have Rhapsody's Dawn Of Voctory Limited Edition, and like you say, it is just wicked.
They're really a killer label. I mean, I think just the liner notes puts them above other labels. I love reading about the songs and whatnot. But they go far beyond just liner notes.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions)   Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 1:14 pm

I've had that Stardawn for awhile now and it great indeed. I have all the Black Majesty cds in limited editions as well as the Wizard cds!

Limb does indeed have good packaging!

Wargod48

NP: Abagail's Ghost - Selling Insincerity
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions)   Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 1:20 pm

Limb is great, the effort put into the packaging for the fans is second to none, Nuclear blast does do great items to (Primal Fear - Book of the Seven Seals, etc.....)
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions)   Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 1:39 pm

Quote :
(Primal Fear - Book of the Seven Seals, etc.....)

I am owner 233 of The Book Of Seven Seals great addition and soon to be rare!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions)   Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 2:11 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Quote :
(Primal Fear - Book of the Seven Seals, etc.....)

I am owner 233 of The Book Of Seven Seals great addition and soon to be rare!

Wargod48

Amazing along with the Blind Guardian - Twist in the Myth (Book), you have that too ?
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions)   Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 3:01 pm

Quote :
Amazing along with the Blind Guardian - Twist in the Myth (Book), you have that too ?

No don't have that one but I should probably!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions)   Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:35 pm

For years I've had albums from Luca and Rhapsody which included a little catalog of Limb bands but I never payed it andy heed. Got the double comilation, Louder Than The Dragon a couple of years ago and have since then purchased many from them. Domain, Gothic Knights, Mob Rules, The Revoltons, Cryonic Temple, Galloglass, and Human Fortress.🤘
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions)   Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:40 pm

LMP has some killer bands! They're one of those labels where if I ever won the lottery I'd go online and order everything I don't already have!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions)   Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Praise For LMP (Limb Music Productions)
Page 1 of 1