Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

X-UFO

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

X-UFO Empty
PostSubject: X-UFO   X-UFO Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 9:44 pm

I only have their live album vol. 1 but I am beginning to wonder to myself if they might sound better than the real UFO.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

X-UFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-UFO   X-UFO Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 11:50 pm

A little more than the proverbial carrot on a stick

From Blabbermouth:

X-UFO — the band featuring card-carrying UFO members Laurence Archer, Danny Peyronel and Clive Edwards, along with Rocky Newton from UFO spin-off MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP — has just released a live album. Recorded in Hannover, Germany with producer Steve Mann, "Vol.1: The LIVE Files!" includes "blistering" new recordings of UFO classics "Lights Out", "Only You Can Rock Me", "Rock Bottom", "Doctor Doctor" and more. The effort captures in stunning, raw realism, the high-octane X-UFO set, as well as the equally fervent reaction of their ever-growing, tenaciously loyal audience.

X-UFO plans to enter the studio soon to record its debut album featuring new material, always in the UFO mould they helped develop, and more re-works of some less-performed classics which so many fans believe deserve another sporting chance.

X-UFO's debut appearance saw them headline the Hard Rock Hell Road Trip festival in Ibiza in April 2011, followed by a string of shows and festivals throughout Europe.

"Vol.1: The LIVE Files!" track listing:

01. Intro: Let It Roll
02. Natural Thing
03. Highway Lady
04. Backdoor Man
05. Can You Roll Her
06. Love Deadly Love
07. Armed And Ready
08. She's The One
09. Love To Love
10. Only You Can Rock Me
11. Rock Bottom
12. Encore 1: Lights Out
13. Encore 2: Doctor Doctor

X-UFO Xufolive

"Let It Roll"

As to the original post....."better" is subjective....."good" applies...but "vibe" is missing. At least in the songs I heard from the Schenker years.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

X-UFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-UFO   X-UFO Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 12:12 am

Quote :
always in the UFO mould they helped develop

Taken from the above article regarding upcoming recording sessions surprised 80% of the songs they play are on albums from an era that NONE of them play on (aside from Peyronel) and one tune is an MSG song.

Laurence Archer-guitar 1992-1995 (High Stakes & Dangerous Men)
Danny Peyronel-keyboards 1975-1976 (No Heavy Pettinng) (co-wrote songs and wrote one)
Clive Edwards-drums 1993-1993 (high Stakes & Dangerous Men)

So I call B/S on that statement I quoted....sheesh

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

X-UFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-UFO   X-UFO Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 8:56 am

This band is a bunch of bull****, they should tour with Geoff Tate's Fakesryche, Tracci Guns's LA Zip Guns.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

X-UFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-UFO   X-UFO Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 11:54 am

manny wrote:
This band is a bunch of bull****, they should tour with Geoff Tate's Fakesryche, Tracci Guns's LA Zip Guns.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

X-UFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-UFO   X-UFO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

X-UFO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: