Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I met the band

Go down 
+8
kmorg
krokus
spiritoradio
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
Smindas
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

I met the band Empty
PostSubject: I met the band   I met the band Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:04 pm

I'm sure plenty of you have met many bands you greatly admire. I've met a handful of bands I love, which is fantastic, and at Bloodstock, even got a few snaps with some of them. So I figure we should have a topic where we post photos of us with some of our idols. Sure, it could turn in to a big jealousy-fest, but we're all too nice for that :D

I met the band N503708186_104500_5377

Me with Jonne Järvelä at the Korpiklaani signing session at Bloodstock. A hilarious man.

I met the band N503708186_104509_7230

Me with Warrell Dane at Nevermore's signing session. Probably the best moment of the entire festival for me.

Now it's your turn.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

I met the band Empty
PostSubject: Re: I met the band   I met the band Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:21 pm

I'm jealous!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

I met the band Empty
PostSubject: Re: I met the band   I met the band Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:15 pm

I met the band MeNKiss

KISS asked me to replace Ace Frehley a while back... Smile Nah, I'm kidding. This is actually me with members of a KISS tribute band called "Dressed To Kill." Although I used to have this pic hanging over my desk at work and when people would ask "is that really KISS?" I'd say "Yea, Gene's not nearly as tall as everyone thinks."

OK, this one is for REAL and I mean it this time: this is me shaking hands with Peter Criss at the 1994 New Jersey KISS Expo. Very nice guy, by the way.
I met the band CatMan
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

I met the band Empty
PostSubject: Re: I met the band   I met the band Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:26 pm

I met one of the members of Anonymus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

I met the band Empty
PostSubject: Re: I met the band   I met the band Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:42 pm

I got to meet all four members of KISS at the convention back in 96 (unfortunately no pictures).All four (Paul,Gene,Bruce,and Eric) were very cordial.Gene even autographed an extra convention program for me to give to a friend who has Downs Syndrome (she was so in love with him).
Back to top Go down

I met the band Empty
PostSubject: Re: I met the band   I met the band Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:55 pm

Yo, Freddy. Um...nice fanny-pack! Haha. And why're you trying to impale Gene on your porksword? scratch
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

I met the band Empty
PostSubject: Re: I met the band   I met the band Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 2:57 am

007 wrote:
Gene even autographed an extra convention program for me to give to a friend who has Downs Syndrome (she was so in love with him).

That's really cool of him 🤘
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

I met the band Empty
PostSubject: Re: I met the band   I met the band Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 8:29 am

Nice photos smindas. Also the photo with PETER CRISS is nice. I was at a KISS convention too, in 1994(MILAN, ITALY) and PETER CRISS was their too.
Back to top Go down

I met the band Empty
PostSubject: Re: I met the band   I met the band Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 9:23 am

I met the band 25064444_l

There is me and Joey Castillo circa 2002 when he was in Danzig right before he joined Queens of the Stone Age. One of the nicest people I've ever met.

I met the band 25064328_l

That same night I met Howie Pyro (then in Danzig), formerly of Dgeneration (a great 90's glam/punk throwback)
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

I met the band Empty
PostSubject: Re: I met the band   I met the band Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 12:44 pm

I've some cool band members, but only thought about taking photos twice. !st time was meeting Eric Singer at a Kiss Expo in Oslo years ago. This was at a time when digital cameras were still not common, so the buddy of mine took the picture, and then found out he forgot to put in a film!

The second time I met Rob Rock and Christian Rivel (Narnia, Divinefire etc.), and I sat right between the 2. But I lend a stranger my camera, and he didn't know how to use it, so the result was all blurry! He didn't know how to focus.

Of the people I have met, the most cool might have been meeting Jon Oliva. He was drunk (as usual), and he tried to persuade me to give him my bootleg copy of Streets on picture disc. He was convinced that Dr. Killdrums were making them, and he wanted proof! Laughing It was also cool to meet the other band memers. Turns out Chris Caffery and I have the same wedding day (he is divorced now though).

It was also cool meeting Dee Snider. Me and a buddy traveled a loooooooooooooooooooooong way to see gim playing with SMF, and my buddy even broke his car engine to get there! Well, it was all worth it!

Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

I met the band Empty
PostSubject: Re: I met the band   I met the band Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 3:25 pm

cool pics guys and warrel should go back to his old hair color
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

I met the band Empty
PostSubject: Re: I met the band   I met the band Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 4:05 pm

I met / talked to several band members from bigger bands, for example Schmier, all Destructor members, 3/4 of Exciter, Jim Shephard from Nevermore, Metal Church, etc.

I met the band L_6362f8d0f34137e784ddd43a164a176a
Back to top Go down

I met the band Empty
PostSubject: Re: I met the band   I met the band Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 5:36 pm

sovdat wrote:
I met / talked to several band members from bigger bands, for example Schmier, all Destructor members, 3/4 of Exciter, Jim Shephard from Nevermore, Metal Church, etc.

I met the band L_6362f8d0f34137e784ddd43a164a176a
Please tell me you're not in the middle. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

I met the band Empty
PostSubject: Re: I met the band   I met the band Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 10:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Yo, Freddy. Um...nice fanny-pack! Haha. And why're you trying to impale Gene on your porksword? scratch

Um, the fanny pack is actually a camera case. Fanny packs are SO not metal! Laughing very hard

The odd pose is because I'm 6-foot-6 and if I hadn't sorta hunched down a little bit I would've towered over those guys, the tallest guy in that band was maybe five foot eight, tops...

Thanks, now I'm never gonna be able to look @ that picture again without thinking about "impaling Gene on my pork sword".... I met the band 927150
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

I met the band Empty
PostSubject: Re: I met the band   I met the band Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 10:36 pm

I met the band L_8551d72a63353c02d515adecdfb6d94b
Back to top Go down

I met the band Empty
PostSubject: Re: I met the band   I met the band Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 10:41 pm

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!

Nice!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

I met the band Empty
PostSubject: Re: I met the band   I met the band Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 9:26 am

I met the band L_310e04c1024b3c5d8b07eea6e23f3b04
Robert Gutierrez (Ultimatum), myself, Ron Lipnicki (Overkill)
'04

I met the band L_9414e4e6cccdd67c22acd8d0fe295fd4
Myself, DD Verni (Overkill), Rob Whitlock (Ultimatum)

I met the band L_dc33c0e7cdd9a32e4e155495b90c256a
Emily Burton, Rev. James Rota, Robert Gutierrez & myself, June '06

I met the band 100383979_l
Ron Rinehart (Dark Angel) and myself

I met the band L_d692c537dda93066a069b960d3854dd4
Myself & Glenn Rogers (Hirax) in Uster, Switzerland w/ Once Dead.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

I met the band Empty
PostSubject: Re: I met the band   I met the band Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:27 pm

I met Liv Kristine and Alexader Krull from Leaves' Eyes. Very friendly and charming couple. Unfortunatly, I forgot to bring my digital camera. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

I met the band Empty
PostSubject: Re: I met the band   I met the band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I met the band
Page 1 of 1