Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years

Go down 
+7
Troublezone
A Handful of Wayne
brokentulsa
jstate
Shawn Of Fire
manny
Addy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years Empty
PostSubject: David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years   David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 7:22 am

Being a big BIG David Bowie fan his new album coming out in March called The Next Day is my #1 most anticpated album for 2013 (so far) I cant imagine any new release will top the excitement I feel for this one. While the single that was released is a bit mellow its being said that the rest of the album will rock. I for one am very excited

With this announcement David Bowie's popping up in the music side of news which is also awesome at least for me.... Anyone else plan on picking this gem up?

Im hoping he does a tour and I get to see him cuz Ill go even if i gotta sell a kidney to do it.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years   David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 9:05 am

It will added to my collection soon after its release, I was surprised when I saw this announced on Facebook
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years   David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:02 am

Day-of buy for me...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years   David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:06 am

Bowie's discography is so strong and frequently played by me I hadn't even realized it had been that long since his last. Day one pick-up for sure.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years   David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:12 am

I also echo Addy's call for a tour...PLEASE TOUR THE USA!!!! David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years 591800

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years   David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 11:11 am

I saw David Bowie twice, the Glass Spider Tour in 1987 and Sound and Vision tour 1990, both were killer shows.

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years   David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 11:15 am

Looks interesting..I will have to check this out.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years   David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 4:40 pm

I saw this yesturday when I was looking stuff up on my phone. I listened to the single and I didn't like it. Very mellow and boring hopefully the rest will be better.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years   David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 11:09 pm

Im always playing stuff by David Bowie

Im thinking Deluxe Pre-order for me the deluxe version has 3 additioinal tracks at least on Itunes... gonna scope it out see what I can find
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years   David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:57 am

If it sounds anything like his classic era, I'll definitely check it out.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years   David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 9:31 am

I just hope that he follows his own instincts rather than what he thinks people want, that's always the path to the darkside for Bowie.

Great that he's decided to come back though, talent like his should never retire.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years   David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 1:31 pm

HELL YEAH!

Just kidding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years   David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 2:09 pm

According to producer Tony Visconti, David Bowie will not be touring.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years   David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 3:24 pm

S.D. wrote:
According to producer Tony Visconti, David Bowie will not be touring.

That's a shame because that is really his true element. (opinion)

I'd dig another "live installment" of some (new) Ziggy Stardust.

With Mick (Ronson) passed and Bowie doesn't jam with those brothers anymore (Tin Machine) Hard to say how good he can write alone, unless he found some colaboration.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years   David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:56 pm

Like I heard someone say on NPR the other day, Bowie doesn't have to make a record unless he has something to say. I take that as anything Bowie does now isn't for the fans, but for himself, which I totally respect. If he doesn't want to tour, he won't tour. He doesn't need the money.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years   David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 10:29 pm

Thats funny cuz I heard that nobody knows if there is going to be a tour.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years   David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:05 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Like I heard someone say on NPR the other day, Bowie doesn't have to make a record unless he has something to say. I take that as anything Bowie does now isn't for the fans, but for himself, which I totally respect. If he doesn't want to tour, he won't tour. He doesn't need the money.

Yeah, that's how I see it. He stopped catering to the fans a long time ago. If he tried to cater, he'd be painting his face and putting on the red wig. No way he'd do that.

I also saw what S.D. pointed out. There will be no tour. On top of that, I also read that there will be no press. He's not going to do any interviews.

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years   David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

David Bowie to Release New Album After 10 Years
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Let The Music Do The Talking-
Jump to: