Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums

Go down 
+19
ZombieHavoc
kmorg
Vexer6
ultmetal
Dark Horseman
metalinmyveins
Lari
SpectreFate
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
snooloui
Required Fields
gitters
manny
DallasBlack
Witchfinder
80s Metal Lady
James B.
exact33
Hadley
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums   Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:20 pm

The Who's "Substitute", for sure. One of the best rock n' roll tracks ever.

The Tom Petty tune definitely.

Also, "Angela" by Motley Crue. I don't know if it was recorded for a soundtrack or anything before it came out on Decade of Decadence, but that was one of my favorite Crue tracks ever.

I also like the Skid Row tracks, "Forever" as mentioned, and the other one, which I'm forgetting the title of at the moment.

And on the brand new side of things, Rolling Stones' "Doom and Gloom". I really love this song.

I will have to check out some of the ones listed here, like the Cinderella track.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums   Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Motley Crue also had "Black Widow" on Red White And Crue.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums   Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:29 pm

'Doom and Gloom' off the new Stones greatest hits album, kicks ass
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums   Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:32 pm

manny wrote:

I also like the other new song, but I can't think of the title now. It's not quite as good as Doom and Gloom, but I do quite like it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums   Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 5:03 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Motley Crue also had "Black Widow" on Red White And Crue.

'Black Widow' was a demo from back in the "Shout at the Devil" days. I had that on cassette for years before it finally got an official release. It was a dub of a dub of a dub. Terrible sound quality, but a cool tune nonetheless.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums   Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 5:27 pm

Another vote for W.A.S.P. - Unreal here, and 80's Metal Lady, you definitely owe it to yourself to check out 'Babylon', very much so, this from a W.A.S.P. fan of 15 years, keep in mind I'm young and out of control.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums   Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 6:27 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
manny wrote:

I also like the other new song, but I can't think of the title now. It's not quite as good as Doom and Gloom, but I do quite like it.

Agree with the other guys on this one.

Also, there was a great track on Scorps - Best of Ballads and Rockers [I think that is what it was called]. Too busy to look up what the name of the song was, but I think that was the only place for that track.....

...or I may be completely off here....
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums   Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 6:35 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
manny wrote:

Also, there was a great track on Scorps - Best of Ballads and Rockers [I think that is what it was called]. Too busy to look up what the name of the song was, but I think that was the only place for that track.....

Do you mean Hey You?
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums   Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 7:03 pm

Yeah - that was it. It was bugging me, so I looked it up. Appears it was also released on the Animal Mag re-issue, but that was a whole lotta years leter. Very cool song.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums   Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 7:05 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
manny wrote:

Do you mean Hey You?
Yeah that's the one, from Deadly Sting they also had "Over The Top" and "Life Goes Around" and on "Bad For Good" they had "Cause I Love You" which was recorded during the Lovedrive sessions.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums   Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:25 pm

manny wrote:

good call!

ozzman
Metal novice
Metal novice
ozzman

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums   Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:52 pm

April Showers, Sally, Lover - all from the Best of King's X.

I own all there cd's so I never bought this. Maybe I should..
Back to top Go down
ozzman
Metal novice
Metal novice
ozzman

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums   Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:56 pm

The very best of Impellitteri - Anti Social Disease

Good song with a interesting mix of Graham Bonnet and Chris Imp. vocals
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums   Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 10:10 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Another vote for W.A.S.P. - Unreal here, and 80's Metal Lady, you definitely owe it to yourself to check out 'Babylon', very much so, this from a W.A.S.P. fan of 15 years, keep in mind I'm young and out of control.

Seconded. If you are a fan of W.A.S.P.'s first album through Headless Children, you need to get Babylon. So damn good.

I enjoy most of W.A.S.P.'s stuff, but Babylon is right up there. And I've been a W.A.S.P. fan since I saw the "Real Me" video for the first time back in 1989.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums   Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 1:26 pm

Sounds like I better check out W.A.S.P.'s Babylon. It's on Grooveshark, so I'll give it a spin, or stream as it were.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums   Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite "New" songs from Greatest Hits albums
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2