Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NLTM December '12 Update

Go down 
+6
Orion Crystal Ice
TheGreatDuck
MetalGuy71
chewie
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

NLTM December '12 Update Empty
PostSubject: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Not a huge update, but an update nonetheless. As always, I appreciate it if you let me know when you see typos, errors, broken code, etc. Thanks.

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/updates.htm

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 1:54 pm

In the first line of the "Destroyer Resurrected" review, it sez it was remixed by "Box Ezrin" instead of "Bob"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:18 pm

Thanks Freddy

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:35 pm

In the Symphony X - Twilight in Olympus review, third paragraph it reads I hear a big Kansas influence is this track probably should be in.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:54 pm

In the LA Guns review for Hollywood Forever, you misspelled the song title 'Vine St. Shimmy". It's right in the track listing, but different in the review portion.

I liked your take on the new Aerosmith too. It's really grown on me, but I still gotta hit the skip button on those ballads. I was hoping that Aerosmith would have taken the KISS approach (no ballads, no outside writers, just rock, etc), but it is what it is.

And not a correction, but an observation. Do you not own any Cult discs, Ult? I was curious to see if you've heard any of their more recent albums, but I couldn't find any on your site. I could have sworn I've seen Sonic Temple reviewed on your site before.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Thank for pointing out the typo.

Nope. I own nothing by The Cult yet.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 3:09 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Thank for pointing out the typo.

Nope. I own nothing by The Cult yet.

Wow. I find that surprising, just considdering how long they've been around and their popularity. I figured their mid-late 80's period would be right up your alley. Electric and Sonic Temple are monsters. Their other stuff can be a little spotty in parts, but I'd recommend those 2 and their "comeback album" Beyond Good & Evil. I think they can be found rather cheap too.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Ult, have you got any Manilla Road or Virgin Steele albums left to review?
Also, any non-metal stuff you haven't reviewed yet?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:02 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Ult, have you got any Manilla Road or Virgin Steele albums left to review?
Also, any non-metal stuff you haven't reviewed yet?

No. Neither.

I need to get some Manilla Road someday. I like what I've heard. Hey, TheGreatDuck, I take CD donations. Very Happy

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:10 pm

Hahha, sorry man, they're still one of the tons of bands I still need to get in physical format.Razz
I still have to rely on YouTube and digital files for them. :/

Don't you own some The Mars Volta, though? That means you actually do have some non-metal stuff to review! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:22 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Hahha, sorry man, they're still one of the tons of bands I still need to get in physical format.Razz
I still have to rely on YouTube and digital files for them. :/

Don't you own some The Mars Volta, though? That means you actually do have some non-metal stuff to review! Very Happy

I think I own one Mars Volta CD.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 1:18 pm

THANK YOU for the review Ult. Head over to our Metal-Archives page to get an updated logo and photo.

And yeahhhh you've got to spin that Mars Volta especially if its one of the first three, and you need some Cult, that is a fine rock n' roll band.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 12:57 pm

Ult, have you heard any Brand X, the jazz fusion band with Phil Collins on drums and John Goodsall of Atomic Rooster on guitar?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 7:08 pm

I'm not familiar with their music.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:02 pm

"Hirax - Thrash 'Til Death-Live in Concert (Black Devil Records) 2006
Live at the Minneapolis Mayhem Festival 2, May 6, 2005 Minneapolis, MN"

I have never seen this. Can you see me n Sideshow going nutsoid upfront?
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 11:22 pm

Since you're a fan of One Bad Pig, do you have anything by Lust Control (which consists of Doug Van Pelt and members of OBP)?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 6:55 pm

No. Never really got into Lust Control.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 10:47 am

Ult, have you heard any Big rooster?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 11:38 am

No. Never heard them.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 11:43 am

Ugh, it's Big C*ck, not rooster. angry
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 5:55 pm

Hey, Scott. Do you have any Bathory albums and/or any plans to review any? They are probably one of the most influential bands to metal you don't have any reviews of on your site yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 10:38 pm

I don't have any Bathory. Would love to, but currently don't have any.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Caught a typo in your last Metallica entry.

"Side one is a live version of the cover "So What", a punk song that I've always thogught was stupid."
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 5:32 pm

Thanks

PostSubject: Re: NLTM December '12 Update   NLTM December '12 Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NLTM December '12 Update
Page 1 of 1