Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums

Go down 
+15
Troublezone
Orion Crystal Ice
DallasBlack
Lazlo Toth
chewie
Temple of Blood
brokentulsa
Wurthless
Witchfinder
metalhead777
jettafiend
James B.
Required Fields
ultmetal
thrashindeed
19 posters
AuthorMessage
thrashindeed
Metal novice
Metal novice
thrashindeed

Number of posts : 14

Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Empty
PostSubject: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 2:29 pm

I recently heard this again and I am looking for some more great instrumentals. Hopefully this topic is relevant!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Watch?v=9F-YVY-bsQw&feature=fvst

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 9:48 am

Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums 220px-Chris_Poland_-_1990_-_Return_to_Metalopolis

Ths is pretty tasty

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 2:53 pm

Gary Hoey all the way. I will post some tracks later but his covers of "Money" by Pink Floyd and "Wipe-out" are brilliant, as is "Redhouse". The Christmas albums are what piqued my interest initially and 'tis the season and all that.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 9:00 pm

Probably my favorite instrumental project. Shame it didn't get far.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Here's a classic when it comes to metal instrumentals:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 11:06 pm

Currently enjoying this:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 11:42 pm

I'm on mobile, so I can't share a link, but currently "Will O' the Wisp" by Titan Force is one of my favorites; although they aren't a solo project, I feel it's worth sharing.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 5:44 pm

Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums 41W9JKBW6TL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 9:45 pm

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 10:26 pm

jettafiend wrote:
Gary Hoey all the way. I will post some tracks later but his covers of "Money" by Pink Floyd and "Wipe-out" are brilliant, as is "Redhouse". The Christmas albums are what piqued my interest initially and 'tis the season and all that.

Here's the first Hoey I heard:

Of course, here is the original(I found a wild live version from Midnight Special):
Back to top Go down
Lazlo Toth
Metal novice
Metal novice
Lazlo Toth

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 11:19 pm

1. Orion
2. Coast to Coast
3. Switch 625
4. D.T. (from Who Made Who)
5. Tears of Sahara (Tony MacAlpine)
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:23 pm

Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:46 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:52 pm

Not strictly "metal" but most definitely heavy.

Robert Fripp (King Crimson) sits in with Porcupine Tree on this excellent instrumental from the Nil Recurring EP.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 3:20 pm

Coroner - "Gliding Above While Being Below"

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 4:01 am

Patrick Rondat - Rage for the earth
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 8:34 am

Gilbert wrote:
Patrick Rondat - Rage for the earth
Nice one.
Mine will always be two following tracks (and albums):

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 12:40 am

Megadeth - Into the Lungs of Hell
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 3:56 am

How about a classic metal instrumental?

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:01 am

The Atomic B*tchwax - The Local Fuzz

Full album, one track, all instrumental. 42 minutes and 16 seconds of fuzzed-out, spacey, stoner rock.

Here's a 9 minute preview for your listening pleasure. Dig!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 3:28 pm

And this one never gets old for me

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:10 pm

One of my all time favorite insturmentals:

Here are some more good ones:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums   Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite metal instrumentals at the moment, preferably solo albums
Page 1 of 1