Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"

Go down 
+10
kyleblack
metalhead777
adrian
Wargod
Glenn Rogers
James B.
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
Stender
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Empty
PostSubject: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 2:36 pm

Raw as f*ck.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Del Boca Vista ?

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 3:11 pm

lol! I was just thinking of that!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 3:16 pm

I knew their sound would change without Glenn Rogers in the band. He wrote a lot of the songs on their last few albums and I'm pretty sure he had a lot to do with the recording as well. If I'm not mistaken, their engineer on "New Age of Terror" and "El Rostro De La Muerta" is a friend of Glenn's.

This is very raw and sounds more like their early material. The recording quality is horrible. Hope that's just a demo and not the actual song.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 3:20 pm

Nevermind, just read on YouTube that this is a 'rehearsal recording'. That would explain the raw sound. I like the song. Lead work is amazing.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 3:24 pm

Yeah the song does sound pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 3:33 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Nevermind, just read on YouTube that this is a 'rehearsal recording'. That would explain the raw sound. I like the song. Lead work is amazing.

Yeah the lead work stood out to be as well. Dunno if its performed by Lance or the new guitarist dude though..
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 4:15 pm

I think that Hirax will suffer a bit without Glenn in the band. His songwriting was a major asset to the band and a big reason they gained so much popularity over the last decade.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:28 pm

me like it........Glenn is missed fer sures like others have said

My guess is Lance does the first lil lead fill and the second more speratic one is not him. They trade off on the actual lead break and it sounds like Lance playing the second part, at least to my ears.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:43 pm

James B. wrote:
me like it........Glenn is missed fer sures like others have said

My guess is Lance does the first lil lead fill and the second more speratic one is not him. They trade off on the actual lead break and it sounds like Lance playing the second part, at least to my ears.

Thanks... Lance does all the Wah Wah stuff... All classical solos is the new guy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 8:25 pm

Had Glenn on my radio show about a month and he was great, very talented!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 10:12 pm

Really need to catch up, still didn't get their last album yet.

Definitely notice a difference in sound without Glenn in the band. I still like it a lot, but putting out anything that could top New Age of Terror will be difficult in my opinion
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:22 pm

Love it. With some sort of production, this tune could crush skulls!
Always thought it was a shame that Hirax never gained the popularity I believe they so rightfully deserve.
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:20 pm

Studio Version:

Last edited by kyleblack on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Much better, I can actually hear the vocals. headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 7:45 am

On kyleblack original post all I saw was "Studio Version" and nothin else. When I clicked quote, it showed something... but not proper hyper-link trip. So I took liberty and fixed it. (I think) Laughing very hard

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 8:27 am

Great song. If they can make an album full of songs this good i don`t thin they will suffer much from Glenns departure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 9:39 am

Very good as always from this band
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 10:01 am

Sounds good to me.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 10:14 am

Studio version sounds great!

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 5:30 pm

Loving it! Might make the next release my first Hirax album.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 5:41 pm

James B. wrote:
On kyleblack original post all I saw was "Studio Version" and nothin else. When I clicked quote, it showed something... but not proper hyper-link trip. So I took liberty and fixed it. (I think) Laughing very hard

I noticed that too, but all I had to do was quote you, copy the youtube URL and put it in a new window to hear it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"   New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Hirax track "La Boca del bestia"
Page 1 of 1