Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TourniTed's new endevour

Go down 
+3
ultmetal
Orion Crystal Ice
kmorg
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

TourniTed's new endevour Empty
PostSubject: TourniTed's new endevour   TourniTed's new endevour Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:13 pm

This was released as digital download today (as far as I can tell). Now, I'm holding out for the CD release, but this really intrigues me. What's ya'll thoughts?

TourniTed's new endevour 47457_10151192783548467_769341189_n

Edgar Allan Poe: Spoken Tales of a Tortured Genius

The Haunted Palace: FRANK MARINO – Mahogany Rush
The Tell-Tale Heart: LES CARLSEN - Bloodgood
The Masque of the Red Death: JAMIE ROWE - Guardian
The Oval Portrait: ROB BECKLEY – Pillar
The Cask of Amontillado: LUKE EASTER – Tourniquet

Background ambient music: Ted Kirkpatrick
Cover art: Travis Smith

Online Release Date: October 24, 2012

I have been a great admirer of Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849) for many years and immensely enjoy his brilliant works. I find myself reading and listening to them over and over – just like great music. With this release, I hope you will too. This project I embarked on is an hour-long trip into some of his greatest works, spoken by some of the coolest vocalists out there, who did a fantastic job bringing these classic tales to life. Though these works fall generally into the “horror” category, they are filled with Poe’s incredible use of the English language, vivid descriptions, seldom-used words, and bizarre phrasing – all the stuff that puts him into the elite group of the great writers in history. They also, maybe inadvertently, contain a lesson or two – that our selfish and evil actions are not done without consequence. The season is upon us – so get ready to sit back, close your eyes, and delve into Edgar Allan Poe: Spoken Tales of a Tortured Genius… Ted

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TourniTed's new endevour   TourniTed's new endevour Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 2:14 pm

Immediate thought:

Cool creative idea but why the awful font?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: TourniTed's new endevour   TourniTed's new endevour Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 2:33 pm

I'd like to check this out, especially with Frank Marino on it.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TourniTed's new endevour   TourniTed's new endevour Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Sounds like a cool idea in theory. How is actually plays out is a different story.

Sounds like something that would be cool to listen to around Halloween I suppose. Not something I'd plug into while I'm sitting on the beach 4th of July weekend pretending to read the latest issue of 'Classic Rock' magazine while in reality, I'm watching girls in bikinis walk by, sucking in my gut and hoping my wife doesn't notice that I haven't been paying attention to my kids as they bury their little sister headfirst in the sand.

Wait, what was I talking about again?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TourniTed's new endevour   TourniTed's new endevour Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:13 am

lol!

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: TourniTed's new endevour   TourniTed's new endevour Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:09 am

wonder if MG was standing up when he typed that scratch

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: TourniTed's new endevour   TourniTed's new endevour Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:52 am

He's a super-creative guy but I can't imagine anyone wanting to listen to this more than once.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TourniTed's new endevour   TourniTed's new endevour Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:43 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
He's a super-creative guy but I can't imagine anyone wanting to listen to this more than once.

It reminds me of that Van Helsing project Dee Snider put out a few years ago. It's a cool listen around Halloween, but that's about it. It's a seasonal project. At least that what it sounds like to me in the description.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: TourniTed's new endevour   TourniTed's new endevour Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:02 pm

The best Poe project I have heard to date is Parson's Tales of Mystery and Imagination. I too am curious about this though.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TourniTed's new endevour   TourniTed's new endevour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TourniTed's new endevour
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: