Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation?

Go down 
+12
SpectreFate
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Lari
jstate
Gryphon-kl
BearOnUnicycle
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
brokentulsa
DevZor
ultmetal
mez
16 posters
AuthorMessage
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation? Empty
PostSubject: Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation?   Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 8:13 pm

So where else can I go to rely on better suggestions then here? You all are very diverse and I am hoping to get some suggestions for bands I may not know about. I dont care if its a one time off album or unpopular band, didnt make it and so forth. I like Heavy Metal and Rock, but I am not into death metal or so much power metal, though I do listen to some power metal. I am going to make a list of bands I have found be in on Ults main site, or from you guys in other posts or via my own findings that I am slowly trying to get all or most of thier cds. Below are bands I am collecting music from (trying to get used while those stores still exist) and if you find one missing you think I should try, please post it away. Im sure there are some in here you may cringe at, but I look at getting as much rock thats out there even if it sometimes is mediocre. * means I am a diehard fan

Abigails Ghost, ACDC, Accept, Areosmith, Alice Cooper*, Alice In Chains, Anathema*, Annihilator, Anthrax, Anvil*, Armored Saint, Axel Rudi Pell, Babylon A.D., BTO, Bad English, Badlands*, Bang Tango*, Barren Cross, Beautiful Creatures, Believer, Billy Squier, Black N Blue, Black Country Communion, BLS, Black Sabbath, Black Stone Cherry, Blackfield, Blaze, Blaze Bayley*, Blind Guardian, Bloodgood, Blue Murder, Bon Jovi, Bonham, Brand New, Bret Michaels, Bride, Britny Fox, Broken Teeth, Bruce Dickinson***, Bullet Boys, Candlemass, Carnivore, Charred Walls of the Damned, Chevelle, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Coheed and Cambria*, Crucified, The Cult*, D.A.D., Damn Yankees, Danger Danger, Dangerous Toys, David Lee Roth, Deadsoul Tribe, Dee Snider, Def Leppard, Def Tones, Deliverance***, DIO***, Dirty Looks, Dog Fashion Disco, Dokken, Down, Dream Theater, Eagles of Death Metal, Electric Boys, Elf, Faith No More***, Faster Pu$$ycat, Fastway, Fates Warning, Fight, Filter, Firehouse, Firewind, Foo Fighters, Four Horsemen, Frameshift, Frost, Gamma Ray, Grave Digger, Great White, Green Carnations, Green Jelly, Guardian, Guns N Roses, Halford*, Hammerfall, Hanoi Rocks, Heaven & Hell*, Helix, Helloween, Hellyeah, Helmet, Hirax, House of Lords, Huntress, Iced Earth, Iron Maiden****, Jackyl*, Jon Oliva Pain, Jorn, Judas Priest***, Kamelot, Katatonia, Keel, Killer Dwarves, Killing Joke**, Kingdom Come, Kiss, Kix, KMFDM*, Krokus, Krux, LA Guns, Lillian Axe, Lita Ford, Live*, Love/Hate, Lynch Mob, Malice, Manowar, Marilyn Manson, Mars Volta, Megadeth***, Melvins*, Michael Monroe, Ministry***, Memento Mori, Metal Church, Metallica (first 5 albums), The Misfits, Motley Crue, Motorhead, Mr Bungle***, Mr Big, Myrath, Nevermore, Nirvana, Nuclear Rabbit, O.S.I., Oceansize, Overkill, Ozzy, A Perfect Circle, Petra, The Pineapple Thief, Poison, Porcupine Tree*****, Psycho Motel, Queen, Queen of the Stone Age, Queensryche, Quiet Riot, Rainbow, Ratt, RevCo, Riot, Riverside, Rob Zombie, The Rods, Ronny Monroe, Rose Tattoo, Rush*****, Sacred Warrior, Saint Vitus, Samson, Savatage, Saxon, Scorpions, Sebastion Bach, Shotgun Messiah, Skid Row, Slash (Snakepit), Slaughter, Sleez Beez, Social Distortion, Solitude Aeternus, Soundgarden, Steel Panther, Steelheart, Steve Wilson*, Stratovarius, Stryper, Suicidal Tendencies (80s stuff), T&N, TNT, Tesla*, Texas Hippie Coalition, Therion, Tim Ripper Owens, Tomahawk, Tool, Tora Tora, Tourniquet, Twisted Sister, Type O Negative*, UDO, UFO, Van Halen, Victory, Vinnie Vincents Invasion, Volbeat, WASP****, Warrant, Warrior Soul, White Zombie, Whitecross, Whitesnake, Winger, Wolfsbane, XYZ, Y&T, ZZ Top, 3 Inches of Blood

I didnt mention some bands like Led Zep or the Who, because I am not looking so much for bands that far back. There is a ton of stuff that has come out in the 70's or 80's that I didnt know about or wasnt heard over the east coast that I have found over the years. I am sure I am missing a couple still. I would like to eventually have the entire discography to all the bands listed above. Bands like Testament or Exodus are not something I gravitate to. Though I wont knock them because they are very talented, just not for me. Please if there is anything you think I would like that isnt listed, please recommend them.

Thanks All!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation?   Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 8:51 pm

Ultimatum. Very Happy

Raven, Omen, Reverend, Heretic, Hirax, The Moshketeers, Vindicator, Havok, Vektor, Tokyo Blade, Flotsam & Jestam...

Oh, and Ultimatum.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation?   Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 9:11 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Ultimatum. Very Happy

Oh, and Ultimatum.

Yeah, those Canadians really rock! Wink
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation?   Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 9:20 pm

Heavy pettin..crashdiet..reckless love..alcatrazz..michael schenker..kick axe..black n blue..jack starr..ross the boss..masi..stairway..moxy..220 volt..primal fear..tygers of pan tang..diamond head..vandenberg
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation?   Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 10:39 pm

^^^Seconded on the Crashdiet.

I'd also recommend the Ramones, simply because I recommend them to everybody. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation?   Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 11:01 pm

based on what you said..

check out Rage (anything from 87-97), Running Wild, Domine, Crescent Shield, Praying Mantis, and the little band in my signature. Smile
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation?   Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 3:25 am

How about Recon

Or Fifth Angel

Or White Lion

Or Trytan

Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation?   Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 7:34 am

Loudness, Storm Corrosion, Opeth (although their earlier material might be too death metal for you), Muse, 3, Cauldron, Saint...

I have the feeling the recommendations list is going to wind up longer than your initial list.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation?   Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:14 am

Wow thanks guys, I will check these out! Keep em coming if you have anything.

Some I have as well but didnt place since I didnt think they may fit in so much like Muse, whom I love. Storm Corrosion was a bit disappointed in. Dont get me wrong Steve Wilson makes awesome music, but his idea of solo vs PT work is changing. Now he doesnt want PT to ever sound like they have or there is a chance PT wont continue is a shame Sad

Anyhow, I have to start checking out these bands above Smile
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation?   Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 10:11 am

One way I've found a lot of great stuff is from youtube. Just put something you like in, and that side-bar thing will have endless recommendations for other things. Found many a cool album that way. Plus it is nice/efficient in getting to hear what the stuff sounds like. Though it can also be murder on the old music budget.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation?   Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 10:49 am

Angel Dust (Border of Reality, Bleed, Enlighten the Darkness...)
Rage (Trapped!, Missing Link, Black in Mind, End of All Days, Soundchaser)
Within Temptation (Mother Earth, Silent Force, Heart of Everything)
Mystic Prophecy (Savage Souls, Satanic Curses, Fireangel)
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation?   Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:13 am

Orange Sky and Tigertailz, off the top of my noggin'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation?   Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 12:29 pm

mez wrote:
Dont get me wrong Steve Wilson makes awesome music, but his idea of solo vs PT work is changing. Now he doesnt want PT to ever sound like they have or there is a chance PT wont continue is a shame Sad

Steven has said that he would like to see Porcupine Tree get back together and do an album eventually, but at this moment in time his inspiration is elsewhere. He assembled a solo band of musicians with very different backgrounds from PT and is creating music he doesn't feel that the rest of PT would enjoy playing at this point, so they are on hiatus for now.

I just got the brilliant live blu-ray "Get All You Deserve" from Steven's most recent tour and it's such a killer show I'm not really missing Porcupine Tree that much.

As for recommendations for stuff, check out Opeth's Heritage album which is essentially a sister release to Grace For Drowning.

For Progressive Rock bands (not metal) check out Beardfish and Wobbler.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation?   Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 12:52 pm

RUNEMAGICK

HOODED MENACE

EVOKEN

WITCHSORROW

DOOMRAISER

COFFINWORM

UNCLE ACID AND THE DEADBEATS

SECOND GRAVE

Back to top Go down
Nocturne
Metal novice
Metal novice
Nocturne

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation?   Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 2:38 pm

Check out Talisman with Jeff Scott Soto on vocals.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation?   Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 3:16 pm

I'd check out some of theses bands here: Red Desert, Admiral Sir Cloudsley Shovell, Captain Crimson, Crimson Fool, Hellevate, Tracer, Rebellion, Cryonic Temple, Witch Mountain, Hibria, Seven Kingdoms, Mob Rules, Innosence, Nail, Triosphere, Jag Panzer, Icarus Witch, Black Magik, 4arm, Stone Magnum, Homicide Black, Power Theory, Attacker, Sleepy Hollow.......

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation?   Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:54 pm

Witchcraft, The Sword
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation?   Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 10:03 pm

Chastain
Havok
Heathen
Manilla Road
Obsession
Vicious Rumors
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation?   Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any bands you think you can add as a recommendation?
Page 1 of 1