Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ex-Overkill guitarist update.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Ex-Overkill guitarist update. Empty
PostSubject: Ex-Overkill guitarist update.   Ex-Overkill guitarist update. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 11:49 pm

http://www.metal-rules.com/interviews/BobbyG.htm
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Overkill guitarist update.   Ex-Overkill guitarist update. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 12:34 am

KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Overkill guitarist update.   Ex-Overkill guitarist update. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 3:30 am

i read about this today too and checked the bands myspace, didn't know verni and blitz were such douchebags...but that's bobs side of the story.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Overkill guitarist update.   Ex-Overkill guitarist update. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 7:48 am

Oh well i guess the subject was brought up before but i don't check every post so i didn't know. Anyways, i didn't see anyone post the Metal-Rules interview so maybe that can be my contribution to the people that didn't know what went down with Bobby and Overkill.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Overkill guitarist update.   Ex-Overkill guitarist update. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 8:22 am

that's cool troublezone. i enjoyed the article regardless. cheers.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Overkill guitarist update.   Ex-Overkill guitarist update. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 8:26 am

The interview is a bit funny. It starts off with him going off on DD and Blitz, then the very next question he says he not disgruntled and has moved on. No more than two sentences after that, he says his relationship with Blitz has turned sour due to money. Doesn't sound like "moving on" to me. LOL!

As for "verni and blitz being douchebags", well, you have to remember, you are only hearing one side of the story. You are hearing from a disgruntled ex-member of the band. Obviously people don't get along. Sometimes people don't get along, marriages fall apart, business associates stop working together, and members of bands have to move on or be let go in order for the band no implode. I'm sure the truth of the situation is somewhere between what DD and Gustafson say.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Overkill guitarist update.   Ex-Overkill guitarist update. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 9:34 am

Well i know one thing is true because i heard if from both parties. The part about Blitz deciding to stay with DD because he knew him longer has to be true. So who knows?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Overkill guitarist update.   Ex-Overkill guitarist update. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 9:38 am

troublezone wrote:
Well i know one thing is true because i heard if from both parties. The part about Blitz deciding to stay with DD because he knew him longer has to be true. So who knows?

I think that's the only part where their stories are the same.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Overkill guitarist update.   Ex-Overkill guitarist update. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 9:38 am

I also like that part Gustafson said about " just because you tell a lie a hundred times doesn't make it true" or something like that. Well he has a point, People have only been getting DD and Blitz's side of the story for age's so people tend to just believe them.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Overkill guitarist update.   Ex-Overkill guitarist update. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 9:43 am

Like I said, the truth is probably somewhere in between the two. It's probably a combination of both stories. DD thinks that Gustafson was the cause of the conflice, Gustafson thinks that DD was the cause. Truth is probably they just didn't get along well and both were at each other's throats.

Frankly, I don't care. Overkill rules! I'd like to check out what Gustafson has to offer as well. How or why they parted ways doesn't really affect how much I like the music.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Overkill guitarist update.   Ex-Overkill guitarist update. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 9:48 am

ultmetal wrote:
Like I said, the truth is probably somewhere in between the two. It's probably a combination of both stories. DD thinks that Gustafson was the cause of the conflice, Gustafson thinks that DD was the cause. Truth is probably they just didn't get along well and both were at each other's throats.

Frankly, I don't care. Overkill rules! I'd like to check out what Gustafson has to offer as well. How or why they parted ways doesn't really affect how much I like the music.

I think you're reading me all wrong. I love Overkill and this is just a discussion about why he left the band. In a way it does matter to us that liked Gustafson's work with them because it raises the question of what would it have been like if he stayed for a few more records.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Overkill guitarist update.   Ex-Overkill guitarist update. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ex-Overkill guitarist update.
Page 1 of 1