Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Church reunited!

Go down 
+16
stevegarveyfan
Gilbert
BearOnUnicycle
Dark Horseman
Psychotron
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
manny
adrian
Witchfinder
mc666
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
martinsane
kmorg
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Metal Church reunited! Empty
PostSubject: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 2:55 pm

Quote :
Reunited METAL CHURCH Confirmed For 70000 TONS OF METAL - Oct. 6, 2012

METAL CHURCH — Ronny Munroe on vocals, Kurdt Vanderhoof and Jay Reynolds on guitars, Steve Unger on bass, and Jeff Plate on drums — will celebrate their official reunion on board 70000 Tons Of Metal, the world's biggest heavy metal cruise.

For one of their two shows on board, they will play their debut album, "Metal Church", in its entirety. The other show will be a "greatest-hits" set. And guess what? You will be able to vote the songs for the "greatest-hits" setlist. More details on how to vote will be announced soon.

METAL CHURCH called it quits after performing at the Rocklahoma festival in July 2009 in Pryor, Oklahoma.

In January 2013, 40 heavy metal bands and 2,000 fans from all over the world will go to the Caribbean to take over the luxury cruise ship "Majesty Of The Seas" for 5 days and 4 nights. Book your cabin now at 70000Tons.com and be part of heavy metal history made in the Caribbean once again on 70000 Tons Of Metal.

The following 19 out of 40 bands have already been announced:

ANACRUSIS
DIE APOKALYPTISCHEN REITER
DORO
DRAGONFORCE
ENSIFERUM
FLOTSAM AND JETSAM
GOTTHARD
HELLOWEEN
HELSTAR
IMMOLATION
IN FLAMES
KREATOR
LACUNA COIL
METAL CHURCH (reunion show)
NILE
RAGE and LINGUA MORTIS ORCHESTRA
SABATON
SUBWAY TO SALLY
TURISAS

70000 Tons Of Metal will sail Monday, January 28, 2013 aboard the Royal Caribbean "Majesty Of The Seas" from Miami, Florida and will not return you to the real world for four days until Friday, February 1,2013. THE REAL NEWS IS THAT JAY REYNOLDS IS BACK IN METAL CHURCH BITCHES !

Yeah, it was only a matter of time!

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 3:12 pm

Now don't get me wrong, cause I LOVE me my Metal CHurch and Ronnie is a class act,

BUT... how is 1 original member constituting a reunion show?

Or is "reunion" meaning the third incarnation of the band?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 3:21 pm

martinsane wrote:
Now don't get me wrong, cause I LOVE me my Metal CHurch and Ronnie is a class act,

BUT... how is 1 original member constituting a reunion show?

Or is "reunion" meaning the third incarnation of the band?

Good point! And how long ago did they break up? Less then a year?

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:30 pm

No, they've been broken up for 3 years or so I think.

I think this is great news. Wasn't crazy about their recent albums though. Glad I caught them on one of the last shows of their final tour.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 5:36 pm

Good to have them back. But i wish it was the Mike Howe era lineup.

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 5:45 pm

heh, like we didn't know it was going to happen. welcome back though.

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Hurray! I hope they actually decide to tour as I have never gotten to see them live.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 11:07 pm

Glad to hear! I too hope they tour so I can finally see them live.

I really need to give the recent albums more listens; it's almost like I forget about them everytime I listen to Metal Church and it's not like there's anything bad about them so I don't know why it is
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 12:36 am

"Leave them Behind" is a killer tune. The rest, not so much.

I greatly prefer WAYNE's "Metal Church" record.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 5:47 am

That 'break up' didn't last very long
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 8:37 am

Good news ! And not too surprising. Glad they're back.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:48 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

I greatly prefer WAYNE's "Metal Church" record.

Now this album is certainly true to the early MC ilk and should be cranked by all!

Wonder what Mike Howe is up to?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:52 am

What's everyone getting so excited about? It's only one gig on the big boat right? Good for them if their getting a nice paycheck and full-buffet privliges out of it I guess.

I kinda lost interest in these guys after Masterpeace.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 11:34 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Why? Some of the albums after Masterpeace are WELL worth a listen. headbanger

Last edited by ultmetal on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 12:03 pm

Glad their back together. Didn't they break up the first time because they were not really making any money as a band? I think that was some of the reason.

According to the great Wikipedia, Mike Howe is living with his family in Tennessee. I say it's time for him to come back to the Church.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 12:11 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Why? Some of the albums after Masterpeace are WELL worth a listen. headbanger

Eh, I had This Present Wasteland for awhile, but it just wasn't something that kept me interested enough to keep it. It was done well enough, but it didn't have any personality. I'd play it in the car and have to pop out the disc to see who it was I was listening to. It could have been any "generic power metal" band.

I have all their discs up to Masterpeace. If I'm in the mood for some MC, I'll reach for the older material. Wayne and Howe both had a certain something in their delivery that Munroe lacks.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 2:47 pm

I for one am hoping for new material. I find something to like on all their stuff.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 6:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

It was done well enough, but it didn't have any personality.

Thats how I feel about post Howe albums, and I had 2 of them. But they haven't released any bad one yet so more power to them.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:59 pm

Yeah it's weird, Munroe is a good vocalist, but something in his voice doesn't draw me like Wayne or Howe's vocals. I do like the recent albums but I too prefer Wayne's Metal Church album to any of those.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:58 am

Great news!

Love Metal church! was listening to their debut album during the weekend.

Hope there will be some new material soon!
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 11:44 pm

I opened this thread, really, really hoping that Mike Howe was back with 'em. Otherwise, I'm not gonna be too into it.
Back to top Go down
Arjun_M
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 6:43 am

This lineup has apparently recorded an album, Generation Nothing, planned for an early fall/late summer release. I do hope it is in the same style the Ronny Munroe albums have used, because that's what they can do best now, and it still sounds good- instead of trying a Pantera sound the way some other power metal bands did.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 6:59 am

What was it that happened to Kirk Arrington (original drummer)? Didn't he come down with some kind of disease that took away his ability to play, or something like that?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 10:05 am

metalheaded wrote:
What was it that happened to Kirk Arrington (original drummer)?  Didn't he come down with some kind of disease that took away his ability to play, or something like that?
Heath issues from diabetes. Not sure of anything more specific.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:02 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Hurray!  I hope they actually decide to tour as I have never gotten to see them live.
You've been missing out! One of the best live bands I have ever seen, they absolutely destroyed Crimson Glory & Anthrax when I saw them in '87 and I was a huge Anthrax fan at the time.

Obviously it's a vastly different band now but I'd still like to see them again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church reunited!   Metal Church reunited! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Church reunited!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next