Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What? Was "Metallika" taken?

Go down 
+26
metalhead777
mikeinfla
CRIMSONMASK
Troublezone
stormspell
DallasBlack
stepcousin
Lari
kmorg
thejokeriv
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Addy
SideShowDisaSter
Grimmo
Coram Deo
mc666
GrandNational
exact33
Vexer6
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
ultmetal
Shawn Of Fire
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

What? Was "Metallika" taken? Empty
PostSubject: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:22 pm

https://www.facebook.com/sanktuarymetal

lol!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:50 pm

Apparently these bands don't care.

We own the trademark for Ultimatum. We've been around for 20 years. You can easily do 1 minute of research on Google and find out the band name is being used, yet
https://www.facebook.com/ultimatumofficial
We contacted them several times, had Roxx Records contact them and now contacted a lawyer. They don't care. They say, "who cares if more than one band has the same name." We are having to draft up a cease and desist letter from our lawyer.

I realize there were other bands called Ultimatum before us, but in 1992 when we were formed, you couldn't do a Google search. The Ultimatum before us was short lived and never bothered to trademark their name.

And Pelata, do you remember the Warrior vs. Warrior debacle?

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:58 pm

ultmetal wrote:

And Pelata, do you remember the Warrior vs. Warrior debacle?

Vividly... Laughing very hard

It's just simple laziness and further proof of the "too many bands" argument. If there are so many bands that some have to share a name, then something is wrong.

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:02 pm

I'm thinking of starting a band called "Bl@ck S@bb@th". What'cha guys think? Original, huh?

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:36 pm

The third @ seems redundant.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:37 pm

How about K-I-S-S?

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:45 pm

Do this ! with the I and i'm in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:47 pm

I'm gonna start a band and call'em Deaf Leopard. Or maybe Rat with one "t." Or how about Motley Crew?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 11:01 pm

How about Guns And Roses?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 11:02 pm

Akcept

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 11:06 pm

exact33 wrote:
Akcept

Except

How about KING'S Y?

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 11:09 pm

S.D. wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Akcept

Except

How about KING'S Y?

or Y-Sinner

or White Lyon

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 11:23 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Apparently these bands don't care.

At least one band in the Ultimatum family named themselves Ultimatium. That "i" makes all the difference Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 12:34 am

I got it! I'm gonna form a Christian thrash band and call it "Deliver Ants."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:21 am

ultmetal wrote:

I realize there were other bands called Ultimatum before us, but in 1992 when we were formed, you couldn't do a Google search. The Ultimatum before us was short lived and never bothered to trademark their name.
if you mean the mexican band with the female vocals, they were pretty good.

Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:15 am

XDiscipleX - I've read some of the stories Disciple went through with them, crazy stuff.

Eradicator and Eradikator.......

Not sure if this thread was meant to be a post your examples, but I did it anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 3:34 am

There are/were 10 metal bands called Sacrifice! Ranging from traditional to black metal!

There are 4 bands called Immortal and a gothic doom band in Russia called I'mmortal.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 6:24 am

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

The 2 that I know of were both thrash (varying styles of) bands from Canada.

One released an album called The Iron Age and the other released an album The Days Of Our Lives.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 7:00 am

How about Red Zombie or Tripknot
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:11 am

Do trademarks extend outside of the country that the name is trademarked in? I don't think they do. So there could be 160 different Ultimatums from 160 different countries, unless it is trademarked in each country as a foreign entity or attached to a global patent like Coca-Cola or something.

Or, maybe I am just making all of this up.

Sincerely,
Uncle Saxxon
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 9:49 am

Addy wrote:
How about Red Zombie or Tripknot

You're doing it wrong. lol!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:10 am

I talked to my buddy Ed Zeppelin and he says that there is nothing you can do about it. He's been trying for years.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:25 am

there's a band here called Threshold. I think they recently added an E to the end of it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 11:40 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

The 2 that I know of were both thrash (varying styles of) bands from Canada.

One released an album called The Iron Age and the other released an album The Days Of Our Lives.

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/ultimatum2.htm
The one from Canada was formed after us. I have their CD. It's pretty good. They were short lived as well.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 12:44 pm

You won't all be laughing so much when you see how huge my band Deeper Shade of Purple will become
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What? Was "Metallika" taken?   What? Was "Metallika" taken? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What? Was "Metallika" taken?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: