Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paramaecium

Go down 
+6
scottmitchell74
bassman
Troublezone
mc666
Sutekh
T-Roy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Paramaecium Empty
PostSubject: Paramaecium   Paramaecium Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:38 pm

I've been wanting to try this band out for years now. iTunes finally has all their stuff and I've got a giftcard in my hand! Looks like their first two are epic death/doom/symphonic metal. Should I start with those two first? But then they have three more!?

I was about to buy Place of Skulls latest two albums but then I saw this....I've listened to all the samples. Most know I'm a death junkie so I really like the sound of those deep, gutteral growls. bite me Fatfreddy!Exhumed sounds killer!

I'm so confused!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Paramaecium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paramaecium   Paramaecium Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:13 pm

I went ahead and got Exhumed of the Earth.....and it's blowing my mind. Paramaecium 604261
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

Paramaecium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paramaecium   Paramaecium Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:57 pm

The first two albums are essential. The second album brings in more symphonic elements, along with a mixture of death and soprano vocals. Andrew tompkins has a seriously deep growl. Check out inExordium if you haven't already -it's Paramaecium under a different name doing old school death metal.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Paramaecium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paramaecium   Paramaecium Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:42 pm

T-Roy wrote:
I went ahead and got Exhumed of the Earth.....and it's blowing my mind. Paramaecium 604261
excellent choice. that's my fave of theirs.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Paramaecium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paramaecium   Paramaecium Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:02 pm

Good choice! EOTE is their best album. You can't go wrong with anything you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

Paramaecium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paramaecium   Paramaecium Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:35 pm

EOTE is my favorite from them....
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Paramaecium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paramaecium   Paramaecium Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:21 am

Exhumed! Still such a classic.
Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

Paramaecium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paramaecium   Paramaecium Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:09 pm

The guys vocals are sic! And Sherlocks drumming is excellent. I usually don't pay a whole lot of attention to the drums, but they come through great on the debut.
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Paramaecium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paramaecium   Paramaecium Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Coram Deo wrote:
The guys vocals are sic! And Sherlocks drumming is excellent. I usually don't pay a whole lot of attention to the drums, but they come through great on the debut.
You're totally right. For such slow paced metal, it's amazing how much of the atmosphere/emotion is created by those methodic, pounding drums. And the deep death vocals are totally sic!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Paramaecium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paramaecium   Paramaecium Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:22 pm

Exhumed of the Earth is the ONLY album by them that I like. Classic album for sure!
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

Paramaecium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paramaecium   Paramaecium Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:12 pm

Great Great album!

EOTE is just wonderful to listen to.

Great vocals and superb drumming by Sherlock.

I have to give the other albums a spin sometime....so much music, so little time
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

Paramaecium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paramaecium   Paramaecium Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:00 pm

I decided to give these guys' debut a listen, and it's pretty awesome. Reminds me a bit of dISEMBOWELMENT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paramaecium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paramaecium   Paramaecium Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paramaecium
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: