Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bio-Cancer

Go down 
+10
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Coram Deo
AchrisK
Thrasher73
Troublezone
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Bio-Cancer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bio-Cancer   Bio-Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
It's strange to me that people here judge this type of music primarily by the vocals. It's obviously not the focus of what they're trying to do.

Maybe if they hired Geoff Tate circa 1983 they would have more fans here.

Same goes for Primus. They need Bruce Dickinson on vox ... then they'd be good!

Drummers, guitarists, and bassists get away with next to nothing around here but vocalists? YOU'D BETTER BE GOOD!!!

I would say that the vocals are at least 1/4 of their focus, and maybe more with this band. They are pretty killer! I think they are good. But what is "good"? It is an argument that I sure has surfaced here more than once, probably even recently.

Some might think that well done growly vocals do not take talent and are just there to prevent death metal bands from being instrumental bands. Or that those who learn to like growly type vocals have just accepted it and just don't care aboot vocals.

I believe that growly vocals are almost akin to distorted guitar. They are an instrument played a certain way, and when done right can be very effective.

This forum obviously has a large number of fans of classic metal, and even hard rock, and not very many people who are into more extreme style of metal. Maybe people who stick to that end of the spectrum do so because they like to hear the words being sung. I don't know. I may have started rambling. Bit I know I love all kinds of vocals... all of em. There are growly vocals I think are boring, like a lot of metalbore.

Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Bio-Cancer   Bio-Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:55 pm

I don't mind the vocals for this band, they're OK, not the best but certainly not the worst. Generally I do prefer lyrics to be sung rather thne growled, so i'm generally not a fan of death metal vocals, almost every DM vocalist sounds alike and I have a hard time telling most of them apart.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Bio-Cancer   Bio-Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 5:14 am

The vocals distract me too much from enjoying the music.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Bio-Cancer   Bio-Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:07 am

Troublezone wrote:
The vocals distract me too much from enjoying the music.
THAT'S it right there for me too.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Bio-Cancer   Bio-Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:36 am

ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Not being to understand the lyrics is only part of the equasion for me. Add to that the shrill, ear-piercing delivery and I'm out.

Thanks for the invitation to your little party, but I've gotta go. Early day and all that. See ya.

But wait, we have cake! birthday and beer! cheers

Free cake AND beer ? That right there will let me tolerate any type of vocals.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Bio-Cancer   Bio-Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:06 am

Quote :
Maybe if they hired Geoff Tate circa 1983 they would have more fans here.

Mmmm...nah. Geoff Tate circa 1983 wouldn't sound "right" with this band either. Maybe a Mustaine or Ellsworth style guy.

This dude sounds kinda like Mille from Kreator, who I can only tolerate in small doses, but he's got even more high-shrieky monkey squealing going on, which got hella irritating after a minute or two.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Bio-Cancer   Bio-Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:35 am

mc666 wrote:
i think the vox fit the music rather nicely.
You don't know anything. insane
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Bio-Cancer   Bio-Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:40 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The vocals sound like a wild cougar with it's balls caught in a bear trap while kids poke at it with sharpened sticks.
Judging by their past artwork...I think you just nailed the next album cover.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bio-Cancer   Bio-Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:25 pm

Really digging this CD. Put it on non-stop play today.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Bio-Cancer   Bio-Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 5:44 pm

I like it. Vocals sound cool, kinda like a blackened version of the Sadus vocalist.
Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Bio-Cancer   Bio-Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 2:46 am

Reading all of the dislike for the vocals of Bio-Cancer, got me thinking of Hatchery.

This guys vocals I prefer less than Bio-Cancer. Actually, they do distract me from the music. Which sounds like some decent thrash to me.

Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bio-Cancer   Bio-Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bio-Cancer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: