Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Faceless-Autotheism

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

The Faceless-Autotheism Empty
PostSubject: The Faceless-Autotheism   The Faceless-Autotheism Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:10 pm

Glad to see this one is about to come out soon, considering Planetary Duality was four years ago. So far, the new songs are throwing in more of that Cynic influence that was coming out in Planetary Duality, and Michael Keene is still playing riffs that remind me of a modern Chuck Schuldiner.
Even though Death Metal (and technical death metal to a possibly larger degree) isn't too well liked here, anyone else looking forward to it?
The Faceless-Autotheism The-Faceless-Autotheism
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Faceless-Autotheism   The Faceless-Autotheism Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:23 pm

yeah i'll pick it up.

AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: The Faceless-Autotheism   The Faceless-Autotheism Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:41 pm

I will be very interested to hear this. I am a big fan of Planetary Duality, and I believe I also like Akeldama pretty well. It's been a while since I heard that one. It took some effort with PD, but once the songs got under my skin I was hooked. I probably only picked that album up a year ago, so it doesn't feel like 4 years to me Smile

I read some news at some point about the direction of this album. The things the guy said concerned me a little bit. Was there a member change?

In any case, I will probably pick it up relatively soon after it comes out.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: The Faceless-Autotheism   The Faceless-Autotheism Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:14 pm

AchrisK wrote:
I will be very interested to hear this. I am a big fan of Planetary Duality, and I believe I also like Akeldama pretty well. It's been a while since I heard that one. It took some effort with PD, but once the songs got under my skin I was hooked. I probably only picked that album up a year ago, so it doesn't feel like 4 years to me Smile

I read some news at some point about the direction of this album. The things the guy said concerned me a little bit. Was there a member change?

In any case, I will probably pick it up relatively soon after it comes out.
A Good number of lineup changes.
Geoff Ficco replaced Derek Rydquist as the vocalist,although they sound so much alike that someone untold probably wouldn't notice the difference.
founding guitarist Steve Jones left and was replaced by Wes Hauch.
Meaning yeah, everyone but Keene is out.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: The Faceless-Autotheism   The Faceless-Autotheism Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:45 pm

So their musical output could change considerably, depending on how much influence that Keene guy has had, and still has.

I guess I don't care much if they change. If they still put out an album I like, I will still like it.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: The Faceless-Autotheism   The Faceless-Autotheism Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:33 pm

AchrisK wrote:
So their musical output could change considerably, depending on how much influence that Keene guy has had, and still has.

I guess I don't care much if they change. If they still put out an album I like, I will still like it.
I wouldnt worry about too much change. Keene pretty much writes everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Faceless-Autotheism   The Faceless-Autotheism Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Faceless-Autotheism
Page 1 of 1