Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Having trouble deciding what to listen to?

Go down 
+6
BearOnUnicycle
krokus
tohostudios
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
kethdredd
10 posters
AuthorMessage
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

Having trouble deciding what to listen to? Empty
PostSubject: Having trouble deciding what to listen to?   Having trouble deciding what to listen to? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 6:57 am

Try this!

It led me to Lizzy Borden!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble deciding what to listen to?   Having trouble deciding what to listen to? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:41 pm

Pretty neat. Although some of their suggestions are a little iffy in my book. Still funny though.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble deciding what to listen to?   Having trouble deciding what to listen to? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Pretty neat. Although some of their suggestions are a little iffy in my book. Still funny though.

QFT
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble deciding what to listen to?   Having trouble deciding what to listen to? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:22 pm

It seems like the more times you click "I don't want to listen to"....the more "off" the recommendations become.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble deciding what to listen to?   Having trouble deciding what to listen to? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:13 am

Fun page. A lot of time i dont know what to play and this makes it easier.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble deciding what to listen to?   Having trouble deciding what to listen to? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:52 am

For Fifth Angel it suggested me Oliver Magnum. But for Dio it gave me Death, Sepultura and Tankard. Still, being that it is powered by last.fm, the suggestions can be great.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble deciding what to listen to?   Having trouble deciding what to listen to? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:05 am

This can be great for Metal neophytes
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble deciding what to listen to?   Having trouble deciding what to listen to? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:42 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
This can be great for Metal neophytes

Or those looking to expand. By doing searches relating to certain bands, I've found info on other bands I didn't know about.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble deciding what to listen to?   Having trouble deciding what to listen to? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:46 pm

i've been using Last.fm to discover new sh*t for 7 years now. i love that site.

ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble deciding what to listen to?   Having trouble deciding what to listen to? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:55 pm

It doesn't really work it seems.
I typed in Toto and it responded with Y&T...doesn't fit
I typed in Guns n' Roses, suggested Twisted Siter and after that: No results found
Typed in Savatage, suggested Vanden Ples (surprised they even know them) and after that: No results found
Looks like it work best if you retype the bandname everytime...tried Savatage several times and got Blind Guardian, Jorn and Riot.

It worked best with Nile, i got a whole lot of Death Metal/Brutal Death Metal Bands out of it
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble deciding what to listen to?   Having trouble deciding what to listen to? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:07 pm

mc666 wrote:
i've been using Last.fm to discover new sh*t for 7 years now. i love that site.

I finally found the facebook scrobbler for last.fm, now I can annoy even more people with the stuff I listen to. LOL.

Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble deciding what to listen to?   Having trouble deciding what to listen to? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:14 pm

do you have a link for the last.fm facebook scrobbler? I tried to find one a couple years ago, but they had taken it down. I didn't know they had created another one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble deciding what to listen to?   Having trouble deciding what to listen to? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:16 pm

Tur-Thalion wrote:
do you have a link for the last.fm facebook scrobbler? I tried to find one a couple years ago, but they had taken it down. I didn't know they had created another one

Just search "last fm scrobbler" on facebook.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble deciding what to listen to?   Having trouble deciding what to listen to? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Having trouble deciding what to listen to?
Page 1 of 1