Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new Down ep's

Go down 
+5
Witchfinder
Hamer12
Troublezone
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The new Down ep's Empty
PostSubject: The new Down ep's   The new Down ep's Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:41 pm

The first of 4 eps by Down (EP One) is set to be released September 18th. The single 'Witchtripper' can be heard here...

http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/player/down.html

Quote :
DOWN entered the studio last October to begin recording the first in a series of four EPs, to be released over the next few years (with a year between EPs), each touching on a different aspect of the band's sound.

The first six-song EP, "EP One", which heralds the sound of DOWN going back to its roots, with influences from BLACK SABBATH, SAINT VITUS and WITCHFINDER GENERAL, will be followed by the second collection of songs early next year, around the time of a planned U.S. tour. EPs three and four are scheduled for later in 2013.

EP One tracklisting...
01. Levitation
02. Witchtripper
03. Open Coffins
04. The Curse Is A Lie
05. This Work Is Timeless
06. The Misfortune Teller

Sounds good to me.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

The new Down ep's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Down ep's   The new Down ep's Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:57 pm

Digital only, I presume? I actually think it's a good idea. I remember saying a few years back that bands would do well to move into only recording/releasing a few songs at a time...especially nowadays.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The new Down ep's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Down ep's   The new Down ep's Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:51 pm

Quote :
Digital only, I presume?

One might think that, but honestly I don't know. I haven't seen anything regarding the how they are being released. I thought Kirk Windstead talked about going digital only, but that was some time ago and not really "official".

Pure specualtion on my part, but I could see them releasing the 4 seperate eps as downloads only, then down the road, releasing a deluxe cd with all 4 packaged together.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The new Down ep's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Down ep's   The new Down ep's Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:18 pm

I searched around and couldn't find anything that said these will be "digital only" releases, so I have to assume they'll get a cd release and maybe vinyl too.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

The new Down ep's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Down ep's   The new Down ep's Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:58 pm

The new track sounds better than I was expecting. I think at least a limited number should be on cd and the rest can be download. That gives the hard copy buyers a chance to get them in their preferred format.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

The new Down ep's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Down ep's   The new Down ep's Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:49 pm

Can't wait. They played Witchtripper & Misfortune Teller here in May, 2 great songs. I do know one of the EP's will be acoustic stuff. I asked Kirk about the digital only & he said as of that time there would be a CD & vinyl version of each. The show was awesome BTW, they did "Bridge of Sighs" during the sound check. Wish I could score a copy of that!! Got to talk to them all before & after the show, Phil was on his best behavior that night, they played almost 2 hours & were pretty worn out afterwards. Can't believe Phil remembered hanging out with us at Circle in the square back in the day!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The new Down ep's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Down ep's   The new Down ep's Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:29 pm

Official ep title / tracklist / artwork...

"Down IV Part I - The Purple EP" track listing:

01. Levitation
02. Witchtripper
03. Open Coffins
04. The Curse Is A Lie
05. This Work Is Timeless
06. Misfortune Teller

The new Down ep's Downepcover

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

The new Down ep's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Down ep's   The new Down ep's Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 5:54 pm

Cool song! I will definitely pick these up and I am glad that there will be physical releases.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

The new Down ep's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Down ep's   The new Down ep's Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 7:25 pm

Very cool. Sounds solid! I still need the last Down album, though. =(
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

The new Down ep's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Down ep's   The new Down ep's Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Very cool. Sounds solid! I still need the last Down album, though. =(

You better get to it. It's been out for quite a while... Razz
Back to top Go down

The new Down ep's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Down ep's   The new Down ep's Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:19 am

I used to own the debut but sold it years ago because it just sat and collected dust. I've tried several times since to get into them but for some reason they just don't click. The new single definitely didn't change my mind.

Of course I hate Phil with a passion so that's a definite stumbling block. Razz
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

The new Down ep's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Down ep's   The new Down ep's Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:57 am

S.D. wrote:
I used to own the debut but sold it years ago because it just sat and collected dust. I've tried several times since to get into them but for some reason they just don't click. The new single definitely didn't change my mind.

Of course I hate Phil with a passion so that's a definite stumbling block. Razz

Ha! NOLA is their masterpiece and I am surprised that you don't like it. Down II was kind of meh but Over The Under was excellent. I still don't have the live album though. I'll get it eventually to round out the collection.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

The new Down ep's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Down ep's   The new Down ep's Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:57 pm

I never did get into Down. This song ain't bad, but it's not something that would get a lot of play in my house.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

The new Down ep's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Down ep's   The new Down ep's Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:35 pm

Another new track posted:

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

The new Down ep's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Down ep's   The new Down ep's Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:21 am

I like Down a lot but thought 'Over The Under' was a little boring at times. "Witchtripper" was real good but "Misfortune Teller" sounds terrible. Besides, they take too long between albums and what makes it worse is that if they're gonna take so long between albums, Pepper should do some stuff w/COC or at least something...
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

The new Down ep's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Down ep's   The new Down ep's Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:09 am

Kirk Windstein, the modest Laughing:

"PLEASE LISTEN TO WITCHTRIPPER AND MISFORTUNE TELLER...PROOF THAT DOWN ARE THE MOST POWERFUL BAND OUT THERE. WE WRITE RIFFS AND SONGS THAT NO ONE ELSE CAN SEEM TO SURPASS!!! KIRK"
Back to top Go down

The new Down ep's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Down ep's   The new Down ep's Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:31 am

kyleblack wrote:
Kirk Windstein, the modest Laughing:

"PLEASE LISTEN TO WITCHTRIPPER AND MISFORTUNE TELLER...PROOF THAT DOWN ARE THE MOST POWERFUL BAND OUT THERE. WE WRITE RIFFS AND SONGS THAT NO ONE ELSE CAN SEEM TO SURPASS!!! KIRK"

Laughing very hard

Roll up another one Kirk.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

The new Down ep's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Down ep's   The new Down ep's Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:36 am

The main riff in Misfortune Teller reminds me of Pentagram.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The new Down ep's Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Down ep's   The new Down ep's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new Down ep's
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: