Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steven Tyler quits American Idol

Go down 
+10
James B.
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
mc666
manny
nevermore
Ricky
exact33
tohostudios
14 posters
AuthorMessage

Steven Tyler quits American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:41 pm

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/steven-tyler-quits-american-idol/

Looks like Steven wants to focus on Aerosmith (what a novel idea) instead of continuing hack TV for the clinically brain-dead.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:50 pm

That's all well and good but it still smacks of a publicity move to me.

New album coming out in November? When Idol is in hiatus? "Hmmm...I quit Idol. Just a coincidence that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that my band has an album coming out."

Doesn't the fact that he spent 2 years "continuing hack TV for the clinically brain-dead" cost him his metal cred?

It sure would if I was a "metalhead". Since I'm not, I just see Tyler as going for the money. I don't blame the guy but I bet the same people who flayed him for becoming an AI judge will willingly accept him back into the "metal fold".

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 8:19 pm

Gee - didnt see this coming....

Ricky
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ricky

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 8:30 pm

good news
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 8:42 pm

Sleep

Not surprised at all. The band is where the dude belongs.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25766

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Good
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:22 pm

I am surprised he lasted two years on the show, I am glad he will back on stage with Aerosmith where he belongs
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 2:26 am

tohostudios wrote:
That's all well and good but it still smacks of a publicity move to me.

New album coming out in November? When Idol is in hiatus? "Hmmm...I quit Idol. Just a coincidence that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that my band has an album coming out."
just what i was thinking.

as for "metal cred", who gives a sh*t?

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 8:31 am

Quote :
Doesn't the fact that he spent 2 years "continuing hack TV for the clinically brain-dead" cost him his metal cred?

The continued stream of audio poop coming from the Aerosmith camp since the early 90s has already cost him his "metal cred."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 11:07 am

I guess touring/promoting the new album would conflict with participating in another season of AI. Take the money and run Steven.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 11:43 am

Rumor has it that Jennifer Lopez may not come back to "American Idol" next season either. Oh my! This is terrible! They'll be down two judges! What are they going to DO?

...Oh, wait. I don't care.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Rumor has it that Jennifer Lopez may not come back to "American Idol" next season either. Oh my! This is terrible! They'll be down two judges! What are they going to DO?

...Oh, wait. I don't care.

It's funny, before Steven's announcement, I was seeing all this speculating if Lopez was coming back or not. Then *boom" out of nowhere, Tyler makes headlines by saying "Smell ya later". Take that, J-Blo Razz

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12590

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 7:30 pm

da na da na..."dude is an old fogey" da na da na...."dude is an old fogey"

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 3:24 pm

Maybe they shoudl try building a time machine and get Lester Bangs Razz
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 5:37 pm

I heard yesterday that Aretha Franklin is interested in being a judge. At least she can sing (unlike J Lo).

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 9:39 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I heard yesterday that Aretha Franklin is interested in being a judge. At least she can sing (unlike J Lo).

I can't imagine the vocal gymnastics people would try to impress Aretha Franklin.......they'll be warbling all over the place and never hit a solid note!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:18 am

Funny now that the American Idol camp is saying that Lopez wanted a raise and Tyler's option wasn't renewed. That why they both left.

"Oh no, no,no. I wasn't dumped. I kicked her out." Laughing

Quote :
I heard yesterday that Aretha Franklin is interested in being a judge

They seem to be throwing out any name at this point. I saw a blurb about them asking Charlie Sheen. Seriously.

Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 11:04 pm

They probably got fired aka 'courtesy resignation'

their Idol salary is probably a lot lucrative than their singing careers so there was no reason for them to quit not unless they got pressured
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:27 am

So Mariah Carey is now one of the new "Idol" judges.

I can live with that. I'd rather look at her than at Steven Tyler anyway.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:46 am

I wouldn't watch this crap if somebody paid me, so I could really care less who the host is. lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 12:23 pm

S.D. wrote:
I wouldn't watch this crap if somebody paid me, so I could really care less who the host is. lol!

I don't either, but my wife does... and if I'm gonna have to be in the same room reading the paper or playin' video games while she's watching, I'd rather see Mariah Carey's cleavage if I look up at the TV than Steven Tyler's nightmarish visage...

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 6:27 pm

If somebody paid me I'd watch it, providing I had my laptop, MP3 player, and headphones. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:34 pm

Steven talks about his stint as an AI judge...

Quote :
The ex-”American Idol” judge tells
Rolling Stone that the reality singing competition was “not [his] cup of tea.”

“I loved it and hated it,” the singer said. “It was a great job, I sat next to J. Lo and I made a ton of money. It was a moment in life and it became larger than life.”

Yes, that reported $10 million per season salary certainly should soften the blow, even if it was just an unexpected pit stop in his rocking career.

“It was something to do while the storm blew by, to be honest,” Tyler said, of his on-again, off-again relationship with his Aerosmith band mates.

But crushing the spirit of wannabe young singers wasn’t Tyler’s idea of a good time (unlike that former judge dread Simon Cowell).

“The show’s about kids and what you do to nurture their talent. They wanted me to take the piss out of the kids and I don’t have that in me,” Tyler said. “That’s not what I’m about. That’s more about that other guy. Not me.”

A columnist in my local paper made a good point about these celebrity judges. They're out to sell themselves. Of course they're not going to be super-critical d*icks on the air. They've got to be likeable to the buying public.

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits American Idol   Steven Tyler quits American Idol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steven Tyler quits American Idol
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: