Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need some info on these CDs!

Go down 
+2
Witchfinder
Spiner202
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

Need some info on these CDs! Empty
PostSubject: Need some info on these CDs!   Need some info on these CDs! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 8:54 pm

I'm headed to the US next week and I found a CD store that has some CDs that are too good to be true. They're supposedly in new condition (ie: most of them are sealed) and the prices are even online (not a single one is over 14.99, and most are under $10). It seems a little suspicious, so I'll list the ones I'm worried about. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if these are common bootlegs/if there are certain versions of these CDs to avoid because I only want to buy legitimate releases.

Attacker - Battle At Helms Deep
Chastain - The Voice of the Cult
Holocaust - The Nightcomers
Infernal Majesty - None Shall Defy
Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction (No Poser Records is a bootleg, but the first two reissues are legit, I think)
Jaguar - Power Games
Sweet Savage - Killing Time

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Need some info on these CDs!   Need some info on these CDs! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:03 pm

I don't know about the Infernal Majesty but all those other discs are rather common. I have all of them and didn't pay a bunch. The Jag Panzer is most likely a bootleg. The others are probably legit as they have all been reissued, some of them multiple times.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Need some info on these CDs!   Need some info on these CDs! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:26 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I don't know about the Infernal Majesty but all those other discs are rather common. I have all of them and didn't pay a bunch. The Jag Panzer is most likely a bootleg. The others are probably legit as they have all been reissued, some of them multiple times.

I guess I was just most surprised by the fact that something like Sweet Savage, for example, is only $5.99 new. I was also a little surprised about Jaguar, because I was under the impression that was a tough album to track down.

In any case, I'm reassured to know that they're likely not bootlegs. Thanks for your insight!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Need some info on these CDs!   Need some info on these CDs! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 10:09 am

I'd be careful on that Attacker, Infernal Majesty, and Jag Panzer. Seems way too suspicious for someone to be selling them for that cheap (especially if they are new and sealed). But since it is an actual store you'll be able to see for yourself what you're getting and if they are legit. I'd be very leery of this place though. Seems too good too be true. Would love to be wrong though - those are some great albums.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Need some info on these CDs!   Need some info on these CDs! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 10:22 am

Not all stores pay attention to the value of certain albums...they just want to unload stuff.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Need some info on these CDs!   Need some info on these CDs! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 10:23 am

Spiner202 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I guess I was just most surprised by the fact that something like Sweet Savage, for example, is only $5.99 new. I was also a little surprised about Jaguar, because I was under the impression that was a tough album to track down.

In any case, I'm reassured to know that they're likely not bootlegs. Thanks for your insight!

Sounds good. Most of those albums were reissued by Metal Blade in about 97 or 98 and then Sanctuary Records released deluxe versions of them a couple of years later. That's why you will often find the Metal Blade reissues for cheap.

Sentinel Steel records usually has that Attacker in stock as they have reissued it. It's a really nice, deluxe reissue/remaster.

I know the Jag Panzer was reissued by Metal Blade in 1991 but I have never seen that version in person or the Metalcore records version from 1990. It's probably the No Posers bootleg which I own and seems to be taken from the Metal Blade CD. If it's cheap, I would snag it as it sounds fine.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Need some info on these CDs!   Need some info on these CDs! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 9:51 am

'Voice of the Cult' is probably the cheap digipak release (but I believe it is remastered), and isn't the most popular Chastain album anyway, so yeah, they probably want to unload it, and you should get it, because it rules.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Need some info on these CDs!   Need some info on these CDs! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 10:03 am

Quote :
Holocaust - The Nightcomers
Sweet Savage - Killing Time

I have both of these and I know I didn't spend much at all for both. Probably $5 or less, new & sealed. I think I got them from Century Media's discount section awhile back.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Need some info on these CDs!   Need some info on these CDs! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:50 am

Awesome! Thanks everyone! I had just never seen these albums for sale anywhere else (though I guess I wasn't exactly looking for them). In less than a week, they shall be mine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some info on these CDs!   Need some info on these CDs! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need some info on these CDs!
Page 1 of 1