Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

exact33 - Here's some blues for ya...

Go down 
+8
Addy
mc666
manny
Eyesore
akeldama
Tur-Thalion
exact33
James B.
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

exact33 - Here's some blues for ya... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: exact33 - Here's some blues for ya...   exact33 - Here's some blues for ya... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 11:21 am

That dude sounds pretty jammin'............ I'm going to have to investigate further!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: exact33 - Here's some blues for ya...   exact33 - Here's some blues for ya... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 12:48 pm

akeldama wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Pay attention, folks. Legend in the making.

This album comes out tomorrow. It's gonna be amazing!

Man he's a breath of fresh air when it comes to Blues in the last 20 years or so, I have all his albums.
The new Robert Cray is an excellent disc as well.
I'm actually a bit disappointed in this album. Probably due to my own expectations, which was expecting an album heavy on the blues with some other stuff, like R&B mixed in lightly here and there. But while it's a really good album, it's all over the place stylistically. There's a lot of R&B and hip-hop (of a classier style), some indie rock, some soul, and yeah, some blues, but it's surely not the dominant style.

So yeah, I was disappointed. I dig it, but I wanted more songs that were blues/rock-based.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: exact33 - Here's some blues for ya...   exact33 - Here's some blues for ya... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 12:55 pm

Most of the blues purists I know aren't crazy about this guy, primarily for the stylistic jumping around mentioned above.

Of course most blues purists don't like anything recorded after the late 60s, so there's that....

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: exact33 - Here's some blues for ya...   exact33 - Here's some blues for ya... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:21 pm

Eyesore wrote:
akeldama wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Pay attention, folks. Legend in the making.

This album comes out tomorrow. It's gonna be amazing!

Man he's a breath of fresh air when it comes to Blues in the last 20 years or so, I have all his albums.
The new Robert Cray is an excellent disc as well.
I'm actually a bit disappointed in this album. Probably due to my own expectations, which was expecting an album heavy on the blues with some other stuff, like R&B mixed in lightly here and there. But while it's a really good album, it's all over the place stylistically. There's a lot of R&B and hip-hop (of a classier style), some indie rock, some soul, and yeah, some blues, but it's surely not the dominant style.

So yeah, I was disappointed. I dig it, but I wanted more songs that were blues/rock-based.

I had a similar experience and similar expectations as you, Eyesore, and while it's not his best there's some good stuff to glean from it. As far as he not being a Blues purist that doesn't bother me, I know and have tons of pure Blues I can reach for but it's nice not to see another SRV clone...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: exact33 - Here's some blues for ya...   exact33 - Here's some blues for ya... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:27 pm

Oh, it's a really good album. I mean, not a bad song on it. There are two iTunes bonus tracks which are also good. But I'm just rooted in rock, you know, so I'd have like more of that.

Blues purists, I imagine, do not like this guy.

And since no one replied, and I'm fragile and need attention, I'm quoting myself:

Eyesore wrote:
No mention of Otis Taylor or Seasick Steve?

Brilliant stuff.

And these guys are relatively new, definitely not traditional in any way, but some of you guys might dig them. I do.

I'm actually quoting myself because I think these guys are great and some of you would really dig it. =)
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: exact33 - Here's some blues for ya...   exact33 - Here's some blues for ya... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:47 pm

I'll check them out. I'm bareley getting back into the Blues little by little the last couple of years. I have thousands of Blues albums and Blues is my first love and was what got me into playing guitar in the first place but all the SRV clones really got me "tired" of the Blues for a few years if not a decade or so...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: exact33 - Here's some blues for ya...   exact33 - Here's some blues for ya... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 8:06 pm

akeldama wrote:
I'll check them out. I'm bareley getting back into the Blues little by little the last couple of years. I have thousands of Blues albums and Blues is my first love and was what got me into playing guitar in the first place but all the SRV clones really got me "tired" of the Blues for a few years if not a decade or so...

i have a much greater appreciate for the blues than i used to.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: exact33 - Here's some blues for ya...   exact33 - Here's some blues for ya... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 12:47 am

You guys familiar with Davey Knowles? Dude is awesome. He first came out in Back Door Slam. They did an album and an EP, then changed their name to Davey Knowles and Back Door Slam. Now I think his next album is going to just be under the name Davey Knowles.

Either way, well worth checking him out.

Great cover of "Hear Me Lord."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: exact33 - Here's some blues for ya...   exact33 - Here's some blues for ya... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

exact33 - Here's some blues for ya...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2