Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testament - (Hammer of the Gods)

Go down 
+8
DallasBlack
Witchfinder
GrandNational
adrian
stpatrik
Eyesore
Troublezone
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Testament - (Hammer of the Gods) Empty
PostSubject: Testament - (Hammer of the Gods)   Testament - (Hammer of the Gods) Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:37 pm

Anyone familiar with this song? I've had "The Gathering" album since it originally came out, but I didn't even know about this Japanese bonus track 'til yesterday... Apparently, it was reissued by Prosthetic records in 2008. It sounds great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kijXVvvkhUc

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Testament - (Hammer of the Gods)   Testament - (Hammer of the Gods) Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:40 pm

It never compelled me to re-buy the album. It's just a rather boring instrumental track.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Testament - (Hammer of the Gods)   Testament - (Hammer of the Gods) Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:48 pm

Eyesore wrote:
It never compelled me to re-buy the album. It's just a rather boring instrumental track.

It certainly doesn't shred but it had a cool groove.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Testament - (Hammer of the Gods)   Testament - (Hammer of the Gods) Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 8:06 am

Quite like it myself. I can see why it wasn't on the original regular release, but I'd pick-up the re-release for a fair price if I saw it.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Testament - (Hammer of the Gods)   Testament - (Hammer of the Gods) Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Hmm, this is pretty cool! Maybe someday I'll get the rerelease and sell/trade off my original.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Testament - (Hammer of the Gods)   Testament - (Hammer of the Gods) Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:41 pm

Just the title of the song and the sound of the drums made me think of Led Zep
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Testament - (Hammer of the Gods)   Testament - (Hammer of the Gods) Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:17 pm

I knew about the song being on the japanese release,didn't know about it being on the re-issue. Maybe I'll pick that up one of these days.

Last edited by 007 on Wed May 09, 2012 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - (Hammer of the Gods)   Testament - (Hammer of the Gods) Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:30 pm

Cool track, I dig it. Sounds like "Industrial Zeppelin". This is my favorite Testament album after the "classic era".

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Testament - (Hammer of the Gods)   Testament - (Hammer of the Gods) Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 4:18 pm

S.D. wrote:
Cool track, I dig it. Sounds like "Industrial Zeppelin". This is my favorite Testament album after the "classic era".

Me too. It's a great, often overlooked album. Curiously, it's almost devoid of guitar solos.

I will eventually get the re-release for this track.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Testament - (Hammer of the Gods)   Testament - (Hammer of the Gods) Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 7:21 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Me too. It's a great, often overlooked album. Curiously, it's almost devoid of guitar solos.

Wow, I hadn't noticed. I'll need to keep an ear out for that next time I listen to it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Testament - (Hammer of the Gods)   Testament - (Hammer of the Gods) Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:24 pm

James B. wrote:
Does anybody else see the blonde with the US flag tank top flashing in this thread ?

It was the signature, I removed it, sent a PM and cleaned up the thread. FYI.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Testament - (Hammer of the Gods)   Testament - (Hammer of the Gods) Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:15 am

Seemed a little boring and repetitive to me.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Testament - (Hammer of the Gods)   Testament - (Hammer of the Gods) Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 3:15 pm

Very boring and repetitive!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - (Hammer of the Gods)   Testament - (Hammer of the Gods) Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:50 pm

It sounds like it was never intended to be an instrumental, probably something they were messing around with and didn't finish, released "as is".
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Testament - (Hammer of the Gods)   Testament - (Hammer of the Gods) Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 2:54 am

It sounds like music for a movie soundtrack. Cool outer space vibe.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Testament - (Hammer of the Gods)   Testament - (Hammer of the Gods) Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 7:39 am

I was a bit slow in purchasing this album. I only purchased it in 2008 when the bonus track was recently added.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Testament - (Hammer of the Gods)   Testament - (Hammer of the Gods) Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 3:19 pm

The song was cool, but I certainly wouldn't re-buy the album to have it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testament - (Hammer of the Gods)   Testament - (Hammer of the Gods) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testament - (Hammer of the Gods)
Page 1 of 1