Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overkill - The Electric Age Review

Go down 
+2
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7614

Overkill - The Electric Age Review Empty
PostSubject: Overkill - The Electric Age Review   Overkill - The Electric Age Review Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:23 pm

I posted a review for the latest Overkill here: http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/2012/04/wrecking-your-neck-part-xvi.html

It's another excellent album!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37670

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - The Electric Age Review   Overkill - The Electric Age Review Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:51 pm

Nice one. That reminds me I gotta add "Electric Age" to the Overkill Discography Thread around here sometime soon.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7614

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - The Electric Age Review   Overkill - The Electric Age Review Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:01 pm

I forgot to add that I have the 2 disc version with the DVD. The DVD is kind of interesting in that Blitz explains his recording philosophy and the concepts behind the tracks. I am sure it will show up on youtube at some point. It's probably not worth all the extra coin for the DVD.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25944

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - The Electric Age Review   Overkill - The Electric Age Review Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:40 am

Nice review!! Overkill - The Electric Age Review 11840
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39708

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - The Electric Age Review   Overkill - The Electric Age Review Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:24 am

Very cool and I agree with everything in that review.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12645

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - The Electric Age Review   Overkill - The Electric Age Review Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 11:16 am

Witchfinder wrote:
I forgot to add that I have the 2 disc version with the DVD. The DVD is kind of interesting in that Blitz explains his recording philosophy and the concepts behind the tracks. I am sure it will show up on youtube at some point. It's probably not worth all the extra coin for the DVD.

I almost bit on that......then a further scope on what the DVD was changed by mind.

Nice review by the way

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37670

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - The Electric Age Review   Overkill - The Electric Age Review Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 11:20 am

I didn't even know there was a version w/a DVD. The copy I picked up (lucked into it at an indie CD store several days before the "official" street date) is just the CD and nothin' else. Oh well. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Asmochrist616
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - The Electric Age Review   Overkill - The Electric Age Review Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 2:21 pm

A nice followup to Ironbound. "Come and Get It", "Electric Rattlesnake", "Wish You Were Dead", "Save Yourself", and "Old Wounds, New Scars" can easily become staples for future Overkill concerts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - The Electric Age Review   Overkill - The Electric Age Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overkill - The Electric Age Review
Page 1 of 1