Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Child's Play Vocalist Passes

Go down 
+3
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
nevermore
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Child's Play Vocalist Passes Empty
PostSubject: Child's Play Vocalist Passes   Child's Play Vocalist Passes Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:01 pm

I'm not sure how many fans of Child's Play are here but I found out last night that their vocalist Brian Jack has passed away. No cause of death has been given yet.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Child's Play Vocalist Passes   Child's Play Vocalist Passes Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:22 am

Rat Race was a good album.Sorry to hear this.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Child's Play Vocalist Passes   Child's Play Vocalist Passes Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:40 am

I posted a little more info in another thread where he was mentioned. I never heard of him or his band, but I figured folks here would like to know...

Quote :
Reports coming out of Baltimore, Maryland reveal that Child's Play vocalist Brian Jack has died. No details on the cause of death have been stated as of yet.

Former Child's Play bandmate and drummer John Allen posted the following on Facebook, "I am completely shocked and saddened by the death of Brian Jack. He was one of the most gifted, charismatic artists I have ever had the pleasure of sharing the stage with. He along with the rest of the guys were the brothers I never had. I will miss him incredibly."

Currently playing with the Charm City Devils, Allen will dedicate their April 21st show in Towson, Maryland to Brian Jack. "He was loved by many and it would be nice for everyone to be together again", says Allen. "So come out to Recher with your love and memories of one of the greatest frontmen/singer/artist that Baltimore has ever seen."

Mickey Cucchiella, co-host of the Mickey, Amelia & Spiegel morning show on Baltimore's 98Rock, corroborated the news by saying, "It is with a very heavy heart that I can confirm this tragic loss. Brian Jack was one of the greatest and most talented singers this town ever produced. I will miss you my friend."

Brian Jack, a Baltimore, Maryland native, was a member of Child's Play from 1984 until 1991. In 1990 the band, then signed to Chrysalis Records, released their Howard Benson produced debut album, 'Rat Race', which was promoted by a video of the title track. However Jack would quickly leave the group to pursue a solo career.

In 1992, Brian independently released his first solo effort 'Promise Of Love', which displayed a softer side to his music and went on to sell over 10,000 copies without any major label support. In 1996 the singer teamed up with Gabi Records to release his second solo album 'Collage', a collection that was recorded with several musicians in various studios.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Child's Play Vocalist Passes   Child's Play Vocalist Passes Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:51 am

Brian Jack was everything a frontman should be and then some. Saw them countless times back in the day. Sad to think what should've and could've been for both Brian and Child's Play. Rat Race is an incredible album that more people should hear.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Child's Play Vocalist Passes   Child's Play Vocalist Passes Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:21 pm

I think i had a video of theirs on an old Headbangers Ball which wasnt bad at all.May he RIP.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Child's Play Vocalist Passes   Child's Play Vocalist Passes Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 4:27 pm

Great vocalist. I wish we had more material from him.

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Child's Play Vocalist Passes   Child's Play Vocalist Passes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 4:53 am

Bought this CD. It's pretty good. A touch on the wild side.
Has a Roxx Gang vibe. Brian Jack, singer, died. I wonder how ?
Has it ever been determined ?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Child's Play Vocalist Passes   Child's Play Vocalist Passes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 5:28 pm

I don’t know if a cause of death was ever released. He died in his sleep supposedly but it was rumored that he overdosed. Anyway, Great band! Rat Race is a good album.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Child's Play Vocalist Passes   Child's Play Vocalist Passes Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2022 4:34 am

Gave them a listen today.
My impression was he was a heavy drinker. GNR stuff.
They sound a mix like TESLA and maybe some KIX.
Great story telling songs. Fun - done.
April 17th is when he passed. Many said in his slepp.
I found this on another site.

Posted April 20, 2012
Word on the street is he OD'd....what a shame. Love his voice. RIP...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Child's Play Vocalist Passes   Child's Play Vocalist Passes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Child's Play Vocalist Passes
Page 1 of 1