Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dick Clark Has Died

Go down 
+14
exact33
Dark Horseman
James B.
jstate
Leatherface
nevermore
QuothTheRaven
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
tohostudios
manny
MetalGuy71
18 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Dick Clark Has Died Empty
PostSubject: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 5:07 pm

Heart attack at 82. Farewell.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20120418/US.Obit.Dick.Clark./?cid=hero_media

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 5:26 pm

I grew up watching this guy on New Year's Eve Bash and he shall be missed, huge impact on helping rock n roll grow in popularity
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 5:56 pm

THe man who's show popularized the music critique "...and you can dance to it."
RIP.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:24 pm

The final ball has dropped on Dick's life...... He's gone on to the big bandstand in the sky

I always watched his NYE show over any of the others - it was just a tradition, even the past few years when he was looking and sounding pretty bad after his stroke.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:26 pm

That's a bummer. I whiled away many hours as a teen watching him MC "Bandstand" and yuk it up with Ed McMahon on "TV Bloopers & Practical Jokes."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:27 pm

I grew up watching American Bandstand, he was an icon and will be missed.

I guess somebody finally destroyed the painting he kept in the attic, the one that aged for him.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:32 pm

R.I.P. Grew up watching this guy. He had one hell of a run.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 7:38 pm

America's Oldest Teenager. RIP to an icon and, from all accounts, a truly nice guy.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 7:58 pm

A true American Icon. I used to watch American Bandstand as a kid as well as his New Year's Eve show. RIP
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 4:50 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:49 am

Nothing more can be added that wasn't already said.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:56 am

Rumors that Ryan Seacrest was seen fleeing from the hospital cannot be confirmed at this time.

Dick will be missed. New Year's Rocking Eve just wont seem the same without him. I forgot about all those years I watched him & Ed yuk it up on "Blooper's" too. I loved that show. $20,000 Pyramid too.

Man, that guy was everywhere!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:03 am

I never really watched American Bandstand but I never missed an episode of Bloopers & Practical Jokes. Loved that show so much. Dick Clark's Weekly Top Forty was a mainstay of my Sunday morning radio listening as a kid. I think it was the only thing on the local station on Sundays. Loved that he was not only the voice of all those projects but also owned them as well. Talented and business smart too. RIP

I had forgotten about Pyramid. The staple of a day home sick from school.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 1:21 pm

My older siblings were always watchin American Bandstand as far back as I can remember (late 60's/early 70's). It was part of my saturday morning rituals if the weather was bad and I couldn't ride my skateboard or dirtbike(mid to late 70's). The New Years Eve show was never really my trip. It was hard to watch any TV shows when you lived in a cargo van trying to survive on the road. RIP

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:21 pm

Oops, I posted this elsewhere, can someone take it down or just ignore it I guess.

RIP, thanks for the New Years.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:23 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Oops, I posted this elsewhere, can someone take it down or just ignore it I guess.

RIP, thanks for the New Years.

Not to worry. I've already pointed out your mistake. No need to thank me.Dick Clark Has Died 1836

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Dick Clark Has Died 19976
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:53 pm

RIP

T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 11:23 am

I only really knew Clark as the "New Years" guy that couldn't hardly talk, of the last few years or so...which I always thought was really sad.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 1:53 pm

RIP!!! He really was an American Icon! He always seemed ageless, until the stroke happened, I thought that he would never die.............
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 8:06 pm

my biggest memory is when we were getting ready for Y2K and my wife said to me 'Are you really sure you want Dick Clark to be the last thing you see?"

Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:25 am

While American Bandstand was for the noon kids. Don Kirschners rock concert was for the adults.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 12:02 pm

lol!
Quote :
my biggest memory is when we were getting ready for Y2K and my wife said to me 'Are you really sure you want Dick Clark to be the last thing you see?"
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:39 pm

Rip
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dick Clark Has Died   Dick Clark Has Died Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dick Clark Has Died
Page 1 of 1