Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Meshuggah

Go down 
+5
EmoElmo
mc666
Temple of Blood
bassman
The_Jayroh
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

New Meshuggah Empty
PostSubject: New Meshuggah   New Meshuggah Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 7:00 pm

The new album Koloss is worth listening to. I don't know how many Meshuggah fans there are on this site, but this album is some of Meshuggah's best in my opinion. There are several good songs on here; especially "Do Not Look Down", "Behind the Sun", and "The Hurt that Finds You First." There's also a few songs I didn't like, such as the very first song on the album before the 1:55 mark when it cuts into this monstrous riff that I can't help bang my head to. The whole album is on Spotify as well.

Example:

Awesome groove on this song.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

New Meshuggah Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Meshuggah   New Meshuggah Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:07 pm

It's next on my want list.
Back to top Go down

New Meshuggah Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Meshuggah   New Meshuggah Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:28 pm

This album debuted at #17 on the Billboard Charts, which is pretty impressive for Meshuggah.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

New Meshuggah Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Meshuggah   New Meshuggah Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:08 pm

Nothing against MESHUGGAH, but that just illustrates how little popular music is selling these days, while metal has retained much of its fanbase.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

New Meshuggah Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Meshuggah   New Meshuggah Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:15 pm

it's a great album... better than the last one.

The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

New Meshuggah Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Meshuggah   New Meshuggah Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 4:50 am

S.D. wrote:
This album debuted at #17 on the Billboard Charts, which is pretty impressive for Meshuggah.
Wow. It sold 18,342 copies debut week and got #17? Crazy.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

New Meshuggah Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Meshuggah   New Meshuggah Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:03 am

The song's OK, but not just the type that I can listen to on a regular basis
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

New Meshuggah Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Meshuggah   New Meshuggah Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 12:45 pm

These guys were awesome once upon a time but the last album I even liked by them was Destroy Erase Improve. I liked the ep The True Human Design as well but everything they have released after has fell flat to me.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

New Meshuggah Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Meshuggah   New Meshuggah Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:22 pm

The tracks are pretty much samey and redundant from beginning to end (the vocals in particular) ... not sure if Meshuggah will 'win' some new fans over this release, it's just noise to me...figures are just..figures
Back to top Go down

New Meshuggah Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Meshuggah   New Meshuggah Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:45 pm

I love the polyrhythmic aspect of Meshuggah and the guitar solos. If they ever recorded an all-instrumental album I'd definitely be into it.

Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

New Meshuggah Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Meshuggah   New Meshuggah Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:48 am

To me this album is not quite as bizarre sound as many of the past albums. I'd even go so far as to say that some of the songs can be catchy! That's really not saying much however, since this is definitely a Meshuggah album. It's just so friggin heavy!

I can't stop banging my head every time this song comes on.

Most of the album sounds more in line with this song though:

This album is really growing on me still. I'm starting to find things in every song I really like.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

New Meshuggah Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Meshuggah   New Meshuggah Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:34 pm

I love the album
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

New Meshuggah Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Meshuggah   New Meshuggah Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:21 am

Metla Hammer love this band.

That is why i do not care for it.
Back to top Go down

New Meshuggah Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Meshuggah   New Meshuggah Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:23 am

Gilbert wrote:

That's a magazine, right? You don't like a band because a magazine likes them? Wouldn't it make more sense to judge the music on it's own terms?

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

New Meshuggah Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Meshuggah   New Meshuggah Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:00 am

S.D. wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

That's a magazine, right? You don't like a band because a magazine likes them? Wouldn't it make more sense to judge the music on it's own terms?

You are right. It is just that i always gave MH's favourite bands a listen, and was disappointed.

Back to Meshuggah, i heard a few samples, but didn't feel very impressed. But that just my opinion.

Oh by the way: "its own terms" not "it's own terms".

Just a clarification Wink
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

New Meshuggah Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Meshuggah   New Meshuggah Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 5:36 pm

I just discovered this band. I found them on Ibanez website talking about a signature 8 string guitar they helped develop with Ibanez to change their sound....years back. Anyway, I'm a death junkie and thought they sounded awesome. They've been around since 1987 and have 7 albums!

Interesting video about a killer guitar too.
http://www.ibanez.com/news?ceId=3088&cat=4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Meshuggah Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Meshuggah   New Meshuggah Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Meshuggah
Page 1 of 1