Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sunstorm-Emotional Fire

Go down 
+4
Coram Deo
Wargod
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Sunstorm-Emotional Fire Empty
PostSubject: Sunstorm-Emotional Fire   Sunstorm-Emotional Fire Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 6:08 pm

After the awesome melodic hard rock that was the sophmore album from Sunstorm (feat. Joe Lynn Turner and Dennis Ward and Uwe Rietenauer of PC69) I wanted more. The debut didn't really do anything for me so I'm hoping the follow up satisfies my want for more. I remember hearing that this album would be released, but not until the fall. Imagine my suprise while ordering the new Accept and Overkill albums when I saw this:

Sunstorm-Emotional Fire 72fd196b0db540f5abc649d7648c1d7c

My most anticipated album of the year and I'm getting it long before I thought I would. headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Sunstorm-Emotional Fire   Sunstorm-Emotional Fire Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:42 pm

It's been out since February. surprised I didn't hear the first two albums. Some filler but this one is good. "Lay Down Your Arms" is one of the best songs of the year, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Sunstorm-Emotional Fire   Sunstorm-Emotional Fire Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:45 pm

This is excellent!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Sunstorm-Emotional Fire   Sunstorm-Emotional Fire Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:59 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
It's been out since February. surprised I didn't hear the first two albums. Some filler but this one is good. "Lay Down Your Arms" is one of the best songs of the year, IMO.

I highly suggest House Of Dreams, one of my favorite melodic hard rock albums in recent years (along with H.E.A.T.-Freedom Rock, Place Vendome-Streets Of Fire, & W.E.T.-s/t). The debut is mostly filler IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Sunstorm-Emotional Fire   Sunstorm-Emotional Fire Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 8:28 pm

WOW, Never heard this before. This is a great find for me, love the music. Listening to "You wouldn't know love" right now, makes me hope there is an mp3 version of the album on Amazon so I don't need to wait for it......

The title track, once it gets into it, reminds me a lot of "Livin on a prayer" in certain spots.

Man, I can't express how flippin good this stuff is......
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Sunstorm-Emotional Fire   Sunstorm-Emotional Fire Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 11:59 am

I didn't know that there was a third one out.....
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Sunstorm-Emotional Fire   Sunstorm-Emotional Fire Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 2:46 pm

I like House of Dreams too. Songs like Divided and Gutters of Gold are great. Haven't heard much from the new one. I did give it a listen on Spotify but can only remember the cover of the Michael Bolton song 'Gina' which is pretty good in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
labrekk
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Sunstorm-Emotional Fire   Sunstorm-Emotional Fire Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:59 am

This new Sunstorm is very good melodic stuff. Joe Lynn Turner still shines on vox at the venerable age of 60.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Sunstorm-Emotional Fire   Sunstorm-Emotional Fire Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 1:03 pm

This album is amazingggggggggg... Love this!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunstorm-Emotional Fire   Sunstorm-Emotional Fire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunstorm-Emotional Fire
Page 1 of 1