Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Huntress

Go down 
+16
stpatrik
Wargod
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
Psychotron
Witchfinder
nevermore
Dark Horseman
mc666
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
martinsane
Spiner202
mlotek
Eyesore
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:50 pm

Liquid Metal on siriusxm is playing them, I'm really liking that channel.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:21 pm

The music: I've yet to really take a listen.

The tits: Probably silicone.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 4:33 pm

This is interesting. Guess the singer was in some cover band called Chelsea Girls before Huntress. I love her vocals on the Huntress albums, but this girl can actually really sing.

And is that the old Nashville Poosy bassist? Not a lot of super tall, tattooed, fake-tittied female bassists out there. Haha. I know the drummer is from Hole. Or Smashing Pumpkins. One of those two. Is the guitarist from The Donnas? Should I just Google this stuff? Haha.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:11 pm

She's got some pipes. Didn't she sing opera at one point as well?

I saw Samantha Maloney when she was drumming for the Crue.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
She's got some pipes. Didn't she sing opera at one point as well?

I saw Samantha Maloney when she was drumming for the Crue.
Not sure. I didn't know she even had a musical background until they posted a picture of her and Lemmy and mentioned the cover band. For whatever reason, I thought Huntress was her first band.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 12:13 pm

Eyesore wrote:
This is interesting. Guess the singer was in some cover band called Chelsea Girls before Huntress. I love her vocals on the Huntress albums, but this girl can actually really sing.

And is that the old Nashville Poosy bassist? Not a lot of super tall, tattooed, fake-tittied female bassists out there. Haha. I know the drummer is from Hole. Or Smashing Pumpkins. One of those two. Is the guitarist from The Donnas? Should I just Google this stuff? Haha.

You're right that is Corey Parks from NP and Alison Robertson of The Donnas. The clips are pretty rockin'!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:09 pm

New album coming next month!

Huntress - Page 2 Huntressstarboundcd

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 7:33 am

It's a pretty solid record. Better than the first one IMO. Her singing is a lot better and more controlled.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:51 am

The album artwork is cool.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 4:36 am

Anyone pick up Starbound Beast? Man, it's a good album. Less screaming on this one, more of classic heavy metal style. Really diggin' it. The singer, Jill, sounds a lot like Dawn Crosby on this one, which is killer.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 1:56 am

Eyesore wrote:
The singer, Jill, sounds a lot like Dawn Crosby on this one, which is killer.
Man, I was going to say that, but thought everyone would think I was nuts. Glad to know someone else hears it too.

Great album by the way!

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:47 am

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
The singer, Jill, sounds a lot like Dawn Crosby on this one, which is killer.
Man, I was going to say that, but thought everyone would think I was nuts. Glad to know someone else hears it too.

Great album by the way!
Nuts? No way. We're geniuses!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 11:49 am

Got the new one myself. So far, still like the first one better, but I need a few more spins to get a good feel for this one.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 10:41 am

Eyesore wrote:
Anyone pick up Starbound Beast? Man, it's a good album. Less screaming on this one, more of classic heavy metal style. Really diggin' it. The singer, Jill, sounds a lot like Dawn Crosby on this one, which is killer.
I was disappointed with the first album so didn't buy it, mainly due to her screaming like black metal.
It sounds like she returned to her natural voice from the first EP, so I will probably buy Starbound.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 1:48 pm

Apparently this is one of two demos Jill J. Anus wrote and recorded as a means to find musicians who would later become Huntress.

Sounds pretty awesome. I'd be interested to know if she actually wrote all this music.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 5:15 pm

Cool vocals and killer art, but can't get into them beyond that. Shame, cause I want to, but no staying power for me..
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 5:23 pm

I really liked their Off With Her Head EP, but I thought Spell Eater was mostly garbage.  Her vocals were forced and way over the top on that album.  I still haven't checked out the new one other than the Zenith video:

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:22 pm

Though I love Spelleater, her vocals did lean more toward the extreme. That's toned down on the new one; she has more of a classic metal style on the latest, but she's also worked in a lot of that kind of haunting, ethereal sound that Dawn Crosby (Fear of God) had. I love it.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 9:01 pm

New stuff!

Quote :
Los Angeles-based, occult-themed traditional heavy metal band HUNTRESSwill release its third studio album, titled "Static", on September 25 via Napalm Records. The CD was produced by Paul Fig (Grammy-nominated engineer who has previously worked with ALICE IN CHAINS, DEFTONES, TRIVIUM, GHOST) and Jim Rota (FIREBALL MINISTRY, executive producer for "Sonic Highways" series and producer of "Sound City" movie), and was engineered and mixed by Fig.

Vance Kelly (SLAYER, ALICE IN CHAINS, EVANESCENCE, GHOST) has once again delivered stunning album artwork for HUNTRESS. The band's creative unity with Kelly remains strong, with Vance having also created album covers for HUNTRESS's previous CDs "Spell Eater" and "Starbound Beast".

"Static" track listing:

01. Sorrow
02. Flesh
03. Brian
04. I Want To Wanna Wake Up
05. Mania
06. Four Blood Moons
07. Static
08. Harsh Times On Planet Stoked
09. Noble Savage
10. Fire In My Heart

Bonus tracks:

11. Black Tongue
12. Vultures Can Wait (7" vinyl exclusive)

Audio samples all the tracks that are set to appear on "Static" can be streamed in the YouTube clip below.

HUNTRESS was recently forced to cancel its previously announced participation in the U.S. tour featuring AVATAR, GEMINI SYNDROME and FIRST DECREE so that HUNTRESS lead singer Jill Janus could recover after undergoing "major surgery" for uterine cancer.

HUNTRESS is:

Jill Janus - Vocals
Blake Meahl - Guitars
Eli Santana - Guitars
Tyler Meahl - Drums

Huntress - Page 2 Huntressstaticcd_0

Sounds like they're getting closer to a classic heavy metal sound with each album. Great stuff.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 pm

[quote="Eyesore"]New stuff!

Quote :

HUNTRESS is:

Jill Janus - Vocals
Blake Meahl - Guitars
Eli Santana - Guitars
Tyler Meahl - Drums

Half of Huntress is composed of members of Holy Grail.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 11:05 pm

Spiner202 wrote:
It's a pretty solid record. Better than the first one IMO. Her singing is a lot better and more controlled.

Two years later and I have the same comment about the third record that I do about the second. It's their best album so far, and Jill's vocals have also improved again. The first 5 songs in particular are fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 9:24 am

I watched some of 'Huntress' last night on Youtube.
Never heard of her before.
She does admit that she's a white-witch
and the band has gotten famous by - witchcraft.
Outrageous humble
Says she also smokes pot and eats Mushrooms.
She likes Alice Cooper, King Diamond and Danzig.
Has met with Rob Halford, sings a song Lemmy wrote F*** you to death "
I was spellbound, for sure, by her talking and drive -
Next thing I knew an hour went by.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 10:31 am

Aaaaaaaaaaaanal soooores!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 3:21 pm

Anyone who's been following Jill Janus on social media probably won't find this surprising, but she's apparently committed suicide. =(
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 3:46 pm

Just read it. Sad news. R.I.P Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Huntress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntress   Huntress - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Huntress
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: