Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden Box Set Question

Go down 
+3
thejokeriv
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
7 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Iron Maiden Box Set Question Empty
PostSubject: Iron Maiden Box Set Question   Iron Maiden Box Set Question Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:27 am

My friend was looking up this Iron Maiden box set on ebay. It has all of the remastered albums. I've never seen that in any store or heard of it. He was wondering if that is just some cheap Japanese release kind of how they released the Beatles Box Sets last year which had really bad quality in packaging and sound. A lot of the sellers selling the Maiden set are from Hong Kong but I saw a few that were from the US. I also noticed though that there were other box sets from Guns N Roses and Metallica that were kind of the same thing so I'm guessing that this might just be some cheap japanese pressings, but figured I'd ask here because someone has to know, and if anyone knows anything about Iron Maiden its Leo and I'm expecting a reply from him in about....... 4...3....2......1 Laughing

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Box Set Question   Iron Maiden Box Set Question Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:56 am

Check kmorgs site. I think he has something like this called Eddie's Head.
http://www.metal-metropolis.com/iron_maiden2.htm

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Box Set Question   Iron Maiden Box Set Question Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 1:33 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
My friend was looking up this Iron Maiden box set on ebay. It has all of the remastered albums. I've never seen that in any store or heard of it. He was wondering if that is just some cheap Japanese release kind of how they released the Beatles Box Sets last year which had really bad quality in packaging and sound. A lot of the sellers selling the Maiden set are from Hong Kong but I saw a few that were from the US. I also noticed though that there were other box sets from Guns N Roses and Metallica that were kind of the same thing so I'm guessing that this might just be some cheap japanese pressings, but figured I'd ask here because someone has to know, and if anyone knows anything about Iron Maiden its Leo and I'm expecting a reply from him in about....... 4...3....2......1 Laughing

Do you have a picture of it or the link to the ebay page? It could be Eddie's Head or The First 1o Years CD package. If I saw it, I could tell if it was a fake or if for some reason I can;t tell, I can ask someone who would know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Box Set Question   Iron Maiden Box Set Question Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 1:46 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Eddies-Box-Set-Iron-Maiden/dp/B0074W8DBU/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1330195444&sr=8-12

Here's one called "Eddie's Box Set" that appears to be all the remasters together in one place.

I have to say though, if you can find earlier pressings of Maiden I'd go that way instead, these versions are compressed to a ridiculous degree.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Box Set Question   Iron Maiden Box Set Question Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 1:49 pm

S.D. wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Eddies-Box-Set-Iron-Maiden/dp/B0074W8DBU/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1330195444&sr=8-12

Here's one called "Eddie's Box Set" that appears to be all the remasters together in one place.

I have to say though, if you can find earlier pressings of Maiden I'd go that way instead, these versions are compressed to a ridiculous degree.

Agreed. I prefer the Castle 2 disc versions.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Box Set Question   Iron Maiden Box Set Question Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:19 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

They are better, but again those get SMOKED by the original Japanese CD issues which are by far the best I've heard of these titles (not counting vinyl).

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Box Set Question   Iron Maiden Box Set Question Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:53 pm

I have a suspicion that this one on ebay is a fake:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280831951629#ht_5099wt_1165

The CD's look real, but they may be pirated versions.

EDIT: Looks like The First Ten Years, but at that price, I am willing to bet it's a pirated version.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Box Set Question   Iron Maiden Box Set Question Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 3:14 pm

Isn't "The First Ten Years" a release of all of their singles and B-sides between 1980 and 1990?

A site I used when I was going through my Maiden collecting phase was: http://www.maidencollector.com but it seems that it's no longer updated.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Box Set Question   Iron Maiden Box Set Question Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:54 pm

Hahaha I forgot to put up the link sorry. I was leaving the house but wanted to write this before I forgot. Both of those links though to the pictures of the boxset are what I am talking about and not the Eddies Head thing.

This is another link to someone that has it up now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IRON-MAIDEN-15-CDs-BOX-SET-BRAND-NEW-SEALED-/180827002777?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item2a1a211799#ht_2303wt_1185

Theres a bunch of them on ebay. Its not The First Ten Years. It's basically all the remastered albums put together in a cool looking box.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Box Set Question   Iron Maiden Box Set Question Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:46 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Hahaha I forgot to put up the link sorry. I was leaving the house but wanted to write this before I forgot. Both of those links though to the pictures of the boxset are what I am talking about and not the Eddies Head thing.

This is another link to someone that has it up now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IRON-MAIDEN-15-CDs-BOX-SET-BRAND-NEW-SEALED-/180827002777?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item2a1a211799#ht_2303wt_1185

Theres a bunch of them on ebay. Its not The First Ten Years. It's basically all the remastered albums put together in a cool looking box.

I have seen that, but if it;s coming from Hong Kong at 50 bucks, I am willing to be it's a pirated version
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Box Set Question   Iron Maiden Box Set Question Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:48 am

Quote :
I have seen that, but if it;s coming from Hong Kong at 50 bucks, I am willing to be it's a pirated version

I wouldn't trust anything coming from Hong Kong. While I got a full-refund in the end, I got burnt on a Beatles box set. I purchased from an American seller, but the set arrived with all the tell-tale, red flag signs of a Hong Kong knock-off.

Doing some research, I've come to the conclusion that pretty much everything coming from HK is a bootleg, same with Greece. Some might be very well done, and some are pure crap. Sucks that they get that general blanket of mistrust, but I wouldn't chance it. The old addage applies here. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Box Set Question   Iron Maiden Box Set Question Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:02 pm

yea thats what I figured too. Damn those Hong Kongians! angry

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Box Set Question   Iron Maiden Box Set Question Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:06 pm

I tell you what man, if you don't already have "The First Ten Years" and "Eddie's Archive" I'd be investing my money on those, essential for all Iron Maiden fans.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Box Set Question   Iron Maiden Box Set Question Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 3:04 pm

I don't think my friend has either of those but I gave him my mp3s of the Eddies Archives and he's happy with that. I think he has all the albums too just wanted to get the remasters and when he saw it come as a box set he thought it was cool but just didn't want to spend the money on knockoffs.

Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Box Set Question   Iron Maiden Box Set Question Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:25 pm

S.D. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

They are better, but again those get SMOKED by the original Japanese CD issues which are by far the best I've heard of these titles (not counting vinyl).

Any way to distinguish the original Japanese releases. I'm guessing they were before the Castle remasters - 1995 time frame. I'm interested in re-purchasing the entire 80's catalog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Box Set Question   Iron Maiden Box Set Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden Box Set Question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: