Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation...

Go down 
+5
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
bassman
mc666
Required Fields
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation... Empty
PostSubject: It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation...   It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:40 pm

http://www.metalinsider.net/rumors-and-gossip/suffocation-part-ways-with-mike-smith
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation...   It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:08 pm

wouldn't be the first time. he's a bit of a drama queen i gather.

other than me, i doubt anyone else here cares about Suffocation though.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation...   It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:23 pm

I know TempleOfBlood likes some of their stuff, and I recall a few others here mentioning them here in a positive light in the past.

But as you said, it isn't the first time. Either way, he's a great drummer, and I wish him well with whatever he chooses to do in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation...   It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:24 pm

mc666 wrote:

Don't feel so alone, man. I like Suffocation, Blood Oath in particular.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation...   It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:50 pm

mc666 wrote:

Suffocation is badass! headbanger

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation...   It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:51 pm

It's a mood thing for me......long drives w/ out the wife applies. They shouldn't have any trouble finding a replacement.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation...   It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Pierced From Within is proof that Suffocation can survive sans Mike Smith.

Suffocation had plans for a new album to be released later this year. It will be interesting to see if this still happens, ... or if it gets delayed.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation...   It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:38 pm

I am a huge Suffocation fan. Especially the 1st album! Though I like the 1st 3 albums more than the others. I was lucky to share the stage with them once and they were all very cool guys!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation...   It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:43 pm

James B. wrote:
It's a mood thing for me......long drives w/ out the wife applies. They shouldn't have any trouble finding a replacement.

Dave Culross is his replacement.
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation...   It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Loved Suffocation since '91. I like Mike Smith's drumming, but they have put out excellent albums without him. If Dave Culross is the replacement I hope he drums like he did on Malevolent Creation's Eternal cd. That's what I was hoping for on Despise the Sun. I like it, but it wasn't as insane as I was hoping...........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation...   It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It looks like Mike Smith has left Suffocation...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: