Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raven: architect of fear

Go down 
+9
krokus
nevermore
chewie
Fat Freddy
Andy
ultmetal
BearOnUnicycle
Speedmetalfreak
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

Number of posts : 126

Raven: architect of fear Empty
PostSubject: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:27 am

I'm getting into raven. Would you recommend me this album?
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 3:43 am

Get it NOW. It's my favorite and the only one I love from start to finish. Have Wiped Out, All for One and lame Glow. The first two are good, but not as essential as reviews say IMO. With Architect I gave Raven the last chance, turned out they can be great.

I'm sure Fat Freddy will convince you to get all Raven possible if I failed now Razz
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 11:44 am

Yes, I would highly recommend it. headbanger

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:46 pm

Rock Until You Drop, Wiped Out, Crash Bang Wallop EP and Live at the Inferno are essentials for this band. Nothing Exceeds like Excess is a great album as well. Monumental NWOBHM act, and a pioneering force in thrash, speed, and power metal.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:57 pm

I'm actually listening to Relentless of this album right now. Good tune! In my opinion Raven hasn't put out a weak album so no matter where you go from here,you can't go wrong.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 pm

Hell, YES. This was Raven's finest album of the 1990s and one of their best, PERIOD! (the all time greatest, of course, being ALL FOR ONE)!!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:14 pm

Andy wrote:
Rock Until You Drop, Wiped Out, Crash Bang Wallop EP and Live at the Inferno are essentials for this band.

What he said!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 3:32 pm

007 wrote:
I'm actually listening to Relentless of this album right now. Good tune! In my opinion Raven hasn't put out a weak album so no matter where you go from here,you can't go wrong.

I love Raven. One of my all time favorites and would agree, but "Pack is Back" is pretty "weak" in comparison to the rest of their catalog IMO.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 3:38 pm

ultmetal wrote:
007 wrote:

I love Raven. One of my all time favorites and would agree, but "Pack is Back" is pretty "weak" in comparison to the rest of their catalog IMO.

Well ,it is the weakest of their catalog and not very well received by just about everyone, but for some reason I like it. Maybe because my friend had this on vinyl and I heard it alot back in the day. But the one one song I can't get into is the cover of Gimme Some Lovin,a song I never liked by the original artist even.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 3:50 pm

007 wrote:
the one one song I can't get into is the cover of Gimme Some Lovin,a song I never liked by the original artist even

THE PACK IS BACK has a couple of semi-decent tracks on it like "Youngblood," "Rock Dogs" and "Screamin' Down the House" but yeah, that "Gimme Some Lovin" cover is definitely NOT one of them... ugh. Whichever brain-dead major label suit came up with the idea for that one deserves to be boiled in oil. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:28 pm

Definitely get it!! You'll be happy you did.
Back to top Go down
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

PostSubject: Re: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:55 am

I ordered it on amazon headbanger
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:32 am

I like all RAVEN albums, even the last ones but the weakest one is GLOW.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:27 am

krokus wrote:
^
what he said, except the last half of the sentence.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:52 am

GLOW has its moments but it does rank near the bottom of the pile for me. From what I understand it's more or less a demo recording that got released as an album.

Besides that, the band had been through a ton of crap prior to its recording (losing their Euro record deal, John Gallagher's house burning down with all of his basses and equipment inside, etc.) so it's probably a miracle that the album was made at all.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:07 am

mlotek wrote:
krokus wrote:
^
what he said, except the last half of the sentence.

Heck no! Glow is great!

Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

PostSubject: Re: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 1:05 am

I heard some of the tracks on you tube. Glow is good.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 3:10 pm

I always think my Raven discography is complete till I remember I don't have Glow. Need to get that one at some point. Architect of Fear is one of my favorite Raven albums. Actually found a copy on Deepdiscount.com which I hadn't even realized till then sold music.

I like the Pack Is Back way more than I should. It's a nostalgia pick for sure.
Back to top Go down
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

PostSubject: Re: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 2:40 am

I finally got my copy yesterday. This is one hell of an album headbanger
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:40 am

I own the first four Raven albums. I absolutely LOVE the first three and the fourth one is pretty good. I don't own Architect, but the song "Heart Attack" freakin' rules!!! One of the best NWOBHM bands ever! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 7:17 am

Playing hear attack right now headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raven: architect of fear   Raven: architect of fear Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raven: architect of fear
Page 1 of 1