Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD

Go down 
+5
exact33
JBall_Z
tohostudios
snooloui
A Handful of Wayne
9 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD   LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:16 pm

This sounds pretty cool. I always wanted to hear that first album.

Finnish heavy metal monsters LORDI will celebrate the 10-year anniversary of the release of their debut album and the 20-year anniversary of LORDI's conception (then just featuring the band's mainman, Mr. Lordi) the by issuing a new CD/DVD, entitled "Scarchives Vol. 1", containing rare and previously unreleased material.

Commented LORDI mainman Mr. Lordi: "The [proposed] box set will NOT come out as a box per se. The items that were supposed to be in the box will be released separately item by item. The reason for this unforeseen change of plans is that all the planned items in the physical box would have raised the production costs so high that the very small, limited quantity of the box would have put the price of each individual box probably unbearable for most of the fans. So it was decided that the best solution is to divide the set in parts. This way the price of each item will not be as pricy, and everyone can decide for themselves what items they want and can afford. So, in a way, the contents of the box set are coming, but the actual physical box is not."

He continued, "The first part to be released is a CD/DVD. It will include the very first unreleased LORDI album, 'Bend Over And Pray The Lord - The Heavy Rock Album' (CD) from 1997. The original booklet is included with no touch-ups whatsoever, plus a long story about making the album. As bonus tracks, 'Get Heavy', which was added to the album a bit later on, is included, as well as 'Hulking Dynamo', produced and mixed by late TT Oksala for 'Get Heavy' in 2002, with little additional work done this year by Mikko Karmila. The other part is a DVD, which includes the very first LORDI show from Nosturi, Helsinki 2002. The show was filmed by multiple cameras, and it is completely unfixed and none of the mistakes and embarrassing moments are edited out. The setlist includes, naturally, all the 'Get Heavy' songs. As a bonus, commentary track by myself and a gallery of all the unreleased merchandise from that era."

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD   LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Nice. I like most of their stuff so I might look to get this if the price is right.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD   LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 5:51 pm

Yeah, although I didn't like their last album much if I can pick this up at a reasonable price I will.

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD   LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:04 pm

That's cool. I'll have to check it out. I didn't realize there was an album before Get Heavy.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD   LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:55 pm

I will get this but I think Lordi peaked with the Arockalypse. Their stuff since hasnt been nearly as good.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD   LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:23 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
That's cool. I'll have to check it out. I didn't realize there was an album before Get Heavy.

Yea I actually don't think it ever got released if it did it was extremely limited.

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD   LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 2:58 pm

exact33 wrote:
I will get this but I think Lordi peaked with the Arockalypse. Their stuff since hasnt been nearly as good.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD   LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 6:27 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:

Yea I actually don't think it ever got released if it did it was extremely limited.

Good to know. It'll be interesting to hear some pre-Get Heavy Lordi.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD   LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:46 am

Their drummer, Tonmi «Otus» Lillman, died yesterday! He was only 38.

Here is from thier website:

Quote :
Our dear friend and band mate, “Otus” Tonmi Lillman, has sadly passed away.

He will be greatly missed and we send our condolences to his family and friends.

Otus: we thank You from the bottom of our hearts for the short time we got to know you and spend with you together.

Rest in peace, friend.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD   LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:42 pm

R.I.P.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD   LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 12:51 pm

Sad to hear, WAY too young. RIP
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD   LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 1:38 pm

wow.... Didn't he just join the band?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD   LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
wow.... Didn't he just join the band?

He wasn't in the band long. Maybe a year at the most.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD   LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 6:05 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD   LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 9:25 pm

LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD 1288531972998

This is the new artwork for the latest work of Lordi. To be released March 8th and the first single 'The Riff' is released 1 month earlier.

Tracklist:

We’re Not Bad For The Kids (We’re Worse)
I Luv Ugly
The Riff
Something Wicked This Way Comes
I’m The Best
Horrifiction
Happy New Fear
Schizo Doll
Candy For The Cannibal
Sincerely With Love
SCG6: Otus’ Butcher Clinic

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD   LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:00 pm

the new single:

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD   LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:04 pm

Meh, ok but I agree with your statement they peaked with Arokalypse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD   LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LORDI To Release 'Scarchives Vol. 1' CD/DVD
Page 1 of 1