Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arjen Lucassen

Go down 
+5
Morrison
holydiver97595
chewie
DallasBlack
Eyesore
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Looks like Arjen is doing a solo album this time out instead of an Ayreon album. Seems like this ties into the Ayreon universe, though, so that's a bit odd. If it does tie in, why not make it an Ayreon album?

Either way, here's some cool news about it:

Quote :
AYREON mastermind Arjen Lucassen has enlisted the talents of legendary screen actor Rutger Hauer as the narrator on Arjen's forthcoming solo album.

"This is a dream come true," says Arjen. "Rutger is not only one of my favorite actors, he also starred in my all-time favorite sci-fi movie, 'Blade Runner'."

Rutger also enjoyed the collaboration with Arjen, saying, "[Arjen] connected with me when he was working on his new album. Said he was a big fan and wanted to see if I could do the voiceover. This happened over just a few weeks and it was marvelous work, very creative. I hope you enjoy it".

A short video clip of Arjen and Rutger talking about their collaboration can be seen below.

Lucassen's as-yet-untitled new solo album is scheduled for release later this year via InsideOut Music.

Whatever the name, this will like kick all kinds of ass. Looking forward to it.

Last edited by Eyesore on Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:19 pm

Would like another Ayreon album, but this will do for now.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:56 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Or Star One.

Did you like Guilt Machine? I wasn't into that one at first, but now I love it. Different, a lot mellower, but it's a great album.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:49 am

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Or Star One.

Did you like Guilt Machine? I wasn't into that one at first, but now I love it. Different, a lot mellower, but it's a great album.

I somehow missed that one myself. I really dig both Star One albums!!!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:55 pm

chewie wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Or Star One.

I somehow missed that one myself. I really dig both Star One albums!!!!
Definitely check it out.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 5:54 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Or Star One.

I'll look into it. I also need the first Star One as I only have the most recent one. Apart from Ayreon, the only other Arjen project I have is the first Stream Of Passion album (he was not involved in the albums that followed).
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:19 pm

I need the special edition of the first Star One.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:23 pm

I would love to hear a new Ayreon release, but Arjen is a genius, so I'm just happy to hear he's still working as hard as usual.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Morrison
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 40

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:46 am

The Final Experiment and Actual Fantasy often get overlooked, yet they're the only two albums I know from him. Any recomendations?.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:50 am

Morrison wrote:
The Final Experiment and Actual Fantasy often get overlooked, yet they're the only two albums I know from him. Any recomendations?.
All of them. Seriously.

The Universal Migrator series—The Dream Sequencer and Flight Of The Migrator—are my favorites, though.

Really, though; all the albums are excellent.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:57 am

Morrison wrote:

Into The Electric Castle & The Human Equation. Two of the best prog metal albums ever! headbanger
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Morrison wrote:
All of them. Seriously.

The Universal Migrator series—The Dream Sequencer and Flight Of The Migrator—are my favorites, though.

Really, though; all the albums are excellent.

DallasBlack wrote:
Morrison wrote:

Into The Electric Castle & The Human Equation. Two of the best prog metal albums ever! headbanger

I'm going to combine these two, and also add in that Ayreon is a continuous story, so if you get one, best to get them all Wink
The Human Equation, though, is truly one of the best albums I've ever heard. Elite cast of musicians, great self-contained and continual concept, excellent instrumentation, and not terribly long at a bit over 100 minutes (not bad for a 2 disc, anyway). His other work is pretty great, too, from what I've heard of it. Basically anything with Arjen's name on it, I'd recommend whole-heartedly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 5:18 am

New teaser vid:

Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:37 pm

I like the cover. I really look forward to this album, are there any info on who`s singing on this one?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Nothing yet, as far as I know. Maybe Arjen is doing all the vocals? He's not the greatest singer, and I don't think he even like his voice all that much, but I think it really fits his music well.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:47 pm

I don`t mind his singing in Ayreon but i`m not sure him doing all the vocals would be a great idea. He has spoiled us with some fantastic singers over the years..
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:52 pm

You are here: Home / Featured / New project – Arjen Lucassen solo album
New project – Arjen Lucassen solo album
June 13, 2011 by Lori (Arjen's PM)
Filed under Featured, News, Solo project news
139 Comments

Arjen Lucassen's Lost in the New Real cover art
Since finishing the latest Star One album last year (2010), Arjen has been hard at work on his next release: a solo album, titled Lost in the New Real. Releasing a solo album is something he’s wanted to do for a long time:
I’ve been wanting to record a solo album with just me singing for about 10 years now. But I always seem to come across singers whom I would like to work with, so my last solo attempts have turned into an Ayreon, Star One and Guilt Machine releases instead! But now the time is right and I feel very inspired!

Arjen is handling the lead vocal duties as well as playing all the guitars, keyboards, and bass. There is one guest vocalist helping out with backing vocals, and some guest instrumentalists as well. The album also features screen acting legend Rutger Hauer in the role of the album’s narrator.
What should fans expect with regard to the album’s sound and style? As Arjen puts it:
This is turning out to be quite an eclectic album, with widely varied styles like prog, folk, psychedelica, atmospheric, and a heavy bit here and there. So with all this variation, you could say that this is an album for open minded listeners! As a reaction to the dark feel of my last album, this album has a more positive, upbeat feel overall. Conceptually it could be compared to a song-oriented Ayreon album (without all the guest singers, of course), as all the songs are linked to a central theme. At this stage it’s still too early to reveal any details about the concept, but I can say that it’s a highly personal album, one from the heart. I haven’t enjoyed myself like this in years!

We’ll be updating with more information and sound samples later down the road, so stay tuned! Until then, Arjen’s Facebook Page is the best place to get up-to-the-minute updates and interact with the man himself.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 8:47 pm

Despite the extra cheese factor of this trailer, the album sounds really good!

Glad to hear Arjen singing, too. While his voice isn't as good as those he usually enlists on his albums, it's still a solid, unique voice. It fits really well with his music.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:44 pm

Love that cover! Good to see his sense of humour intact, too. Will be interesting to hear more of the album as a 'solo' effort.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 2:09 am

Man, check this out:

Sounds AWESOME! I cannot wait to buy this thing.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Interesting... I still never picked up his Star One stuff but I got all the Ayreon albums.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 1:30 pm

The Star One albums are fantastic.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 2:22 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Interesting... I still never picked up his Star One stuff but I got all the Ayreon albums.

WHAT?!?!?!??! Ya gotta go get those two albums. They are fantastic!!!!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 3:12 pm

So I've heard. Doesn't it all just sound like Ayreon though?

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 3:12 pm

So I've heard. Doesn't it all just sound like Ayreon though?

Arjen Lucassen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arjen Lucassen   Arjen Lucassen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arjen Lucassen
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: