Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Being "Metal"

Go down 
+17
Spyder Jonez
JBall_Z
stepcousin
Coram Deo
metalinmyveins
MoonChild
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
martinsane
Shawn Of Fire
exact33
rawr!
BearOnUnicycle
mc666
GrandNational
Andy
Eyesore
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Being "Metal" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being "Metal"   Being "Metal" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:43 pm

S.D. wrote:
stepcousin wrote:
I love metal but I hate the "poser" side of it.

I love "HEAVY" music, but I can live without pretty much all the metal cliches at this point. I can especially live without all the stupid dogma associated with it and the unfortunate close-minded attitude of many who call themselves metalheads.

You are my friend, yes you are.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Being "Metal"   Being "Metal" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:45 pm

GrandNational wrote:
S.D. wrote:
stepcousin wrote:

I love "HEAVY" music, but I can live without pretty much all the metal cliches at this point. I can especially live without all the stupid dogma associated with it and the unfortunate close-minded attitude of many who call themselves metalheads.

You are my friend, yes you are.

and mine too!!!

Being "Metal" - Page 2 25679

JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Being "Metal"   Being "Metal" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:31 pm

S.D. wrote:
stepcousin wrote:

cheers I'm right there with ya brother.
Back to top Go down
Spyder Jonez
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Being "Metal"   Being "Metal" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 11:06 pm

How exactly do you "BE" a genre of music?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Being "Metal"   Being "Metal" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:21 am

I don't see anything wrong with that band in the video.

Seriously, it's just a video with a band trying to appeal to metal fans. Why so critical? Everything nowadays is so much more subtle than what it used to be anyway. They probably watched their idols play and got inspired (after hours of practise in front of the mirror). Nothing wrong with a little character.

Take the flair out of metal, then remove the solos because it's too "bombastic" and you end up with grunge. Is that what you want?
Back to top Go down
Storm_Rider89
Metal novice
Metal novice
Storm_Rider89

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Being "Metal"   Being "Metal" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:59 am

Not the greatest i have ever, but i have certainly seen a lot worse, and atleast its not that crappy core stuff
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Being "Metal"   Being "Metal" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:48 am

Sigh....I wish these kids would stop screaming like little girls and grow a proper set of balls
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Being "Metal"   Being "Metal" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:00 pm

ultmetal wrote:
They look ok to me. The posing for the video is a little awkward though. Doing windmills while soloing would never happen in a live situation. Windmills and headbanging usually goes on during instrumental sections where there is a bit of a groove or something.

As for the song, it's not bad. I like the music. I didn't care for the vocals.

I don't see or hear a problem, but maybe I am as old as you, and everything just looks old hat to me.
Vocals and overall feel/sound of the band reminds me a lot of other modern day thrash bands like VINDICATOR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Being "Metal"   Being "Metal" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Being "Metal"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2