Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993

Go down 
+18
Fat Freddy
Nico
Wurthless
Andy
Lurideath
thejokeriv
BearOnUnicycle
Shawn Of Fire
dark avenger
MEGATRON
kmorg
krokus
ultmetal
Getizzyback
MetalGuy71
EmoElmo
Alex Dee Rokket
TheGreatDuck
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993   Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 6:37 pm

At the Gates released Slaughter of the Soul in 1995. The greatest death metal album ever.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993   Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:11 pm

Andy wrote:
Death released Symbolic in 1995. The greatest death metal album ever.

Fixed that for you. Razz
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993   Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:37 pm

Well, Saxon has certainly put out a lot of noteworthy albums over the last two decades. The only ones I'm missing after '93 would be Metalhead (which was really hit-or-miss IMO) and Into the Labyrinth (what I heard from it didn't really strike me, maybe I should give it another shot). Unleash the Beast is easily my favorite album of theirs from the last two decades, with Killing Ground coming in second place.

Running Wild also put out a lot of great material in the '90s of course, with Masquerade being my personal favorite.

Mercyful Fate's first three comeback albums are really good, too (don't own the last two).

Slayer's Divine Intervention is pretty good (a lot of people don't like it, but there's no denying that it's better than their next few albums).

Venom's Cast in Stone must have been a breath of fresh air in the not-so-metal times of 1997, especially since it has the original line-up.

As far as this century, I recommend:

Sacrifice - The Ones I Condemn
Sacred Oath - Darkness Visible
Sodom - M16
Bulldozer - Unexpected Fate
Tank - Still At War
Destructor - Forever in Leather
Destruction - The Anti-Christ, Metal Discharge
Testament - The Formation of Damnation
Overkill - Ironbound
Exumer - Fire and Damnation (when it gets released Wink)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993   Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Howzabout Vicious Rumors' WORD OF MOUTH (94) and/or WARBALL (06)? (I know they've released a whole bunch of others besides those two, but they're the only ones I've heard...

I liked James (Helstar) Rivera's one-shot with Distant Thunder (WELCOME THE END) from the early 00s too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993   Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:46 pm

Nico wrote:

Slayer's Divine Intervention is pretty good (a lot of people don't like it, but there's no denying that it's better than their next few albums).

I deny that. I think Divine Intervention is one of their weakest albums. It sounded "tired" to me when I first heard it, revisited it a few years ago and I still feel the same way about it.

Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993   Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Well, it doesn't come close to the first five albums, I'll give you that. Wink
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993   Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Scorpions...Unbreakable
Kiss...Psycho Circus
Saxon...Dogs of War
UFO...Walk On Water
Michael Schenker...Adventures of The Imagination
Molly Hatchet...Devil's Canyon
Holy Soldier...Promise Man
Doro...Machine 2 Machine
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993   Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:02 pm

Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993 - Page 2 51FK1ETTVAL._SL500_AA300_

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993   Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:04 pm

Iron Maiden (w.Bruce), Dio, Heaven & Hell, Tony Iommi & Glenn Hughes.
Back to top Go down
dark avenger
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993   Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:17 pm

S.D. wrote:
Nico wrote:

I deny that. I think Divine Intervention is one of their weakest albums.

I think it's their best post-Seasons in the Abyss album.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993   Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:54 pm

brokentulsa wrote:

UFO...Walk On Water
I was thinking of getting that one. I have Sharks. Is it similar? I love it.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993   Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:28 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
and Jani Lane and Bobby Blotzer's
Saints of the Underground - Love the Sin, Hate the Sinner (around 2008ish)

They actually released an album? Original material or covers? I thought that was just a live, club thing they did. I didn't know they recorded anything.

Quote :
Poison-Native Tongue(1993)

This album was lame. Poison's failed attempt to be taken more seriously in the age of grunge. Avoid.

It's a studio album, they covered Tom Petty's American Girl, but the rest as far as I know is new material.

Good Times

All In How You Wear It

American Girl (Petty Cover)
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993   Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:59 am

Lari wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

UFO...Walk On Water
I was thinking of getting that one. I have Sharks. Is it similar? I love it.

UFO - You Are Here............ Is great!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993   Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:35 am

Getizzyback wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
and Jani Lane and Bobby Blotzer's
Saints of the Underground - Love the Sin, Hate the Sinner (around 2008ish)

They actually released an album? Original material or covers? I thought that was just a live, club thing they did. I didn't know they recorded anything.

Quote :
Poison-Native Tongue(1993)

This album was lame. Poison's failed attempt to be taken more seriously in the age of grunge. Avoid.

It's a studio album, they covered Tom Petty's American Girl, but the rest as far as I know is new material.

Good Times

All In How You Wear It

American Girl (Petty Cover)

Thanks for that Izzy. PRetty cool. I'm always intrested in a Jani Lane project. Too bad he couldn't get his sh*t together.

PostSubject: Re: Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993   Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good releases from classic hard rock & metal bands after 1993
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2