Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012

Go down 
+18
Orion Crystal Ice
CRIMSONMASK
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
Shiney
Eyesore
DallasBlack
Nico
Gryphon-kl
Witchfinder
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
nevermore
James B.
thejokeriv
manny
kmorg
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 7:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Hopefully it ties in with Galaphile and the founding of the first Druid Council
Just found out it doesn't as the first Druid Council didn't occur til 1000 years after the Gypsy Morph.
Yeah, I just finished The Measure of the Magic last month or so. He's got a novelette about Allanon coming out soon as an e-book, which should be cool. But if you don't have an e-reader, you're outta luck. Same with the W&V short story "Imaginary Friends," which he released digitally recently.

He's also done a non-Shannara/W&V/Landover story, maybe his first ever, in this: http://www.terrybrooks.net/2012/03/brooksblog-on-multiverse.

Guess I need an e-reader sometime. I want to find out more about Allanon as his mysterious appearance in 'First King Of Shannara' has never been explained. However, maybe it should remain a mystery, not everything should have an answer.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 11:44 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Hopefully it ties in with Galaphile and the founding of the first Druid Council
Just found out it doesn't as the first Druid Council didn't occur til 1000 years after the Gypsy Morph.
Yeah, I just finished The Measure of the Magic last month or so. He's got a novelette about Allanon coming out soon as an e-book, which should be cool. But if you don't have an e-reader, you're outta luck. Same with the W&V short story "Imaginary Friends," which he released digitally recently.

He's also done a non-Shannara/W&V/Landover story, maybe his first ever, in this: http://www.terrybrooks.net/2012/03/brooksblog-on-multiverse.
Guess I need an e-reader sometime. I want to find out more about Allanon as his mysterious appearance in 'First King Of Shannara' has never been explained. However, maybe it should remain a mystery, not everything should have an answer.
Here's what Brooks said about it: "I have just finished a 10,000 word short story that takes place just before Allanon sets out to find Shea Ohmsford in Sword."
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 5:23 pm

Snagged some cool geek junk from the public library's annual Book Sale today:

Aliens Vs. Predator: War by S.D. Perry
Aliens Vs. Predator: Hunter's Planet by David Bischoff

All three books in the Star Wars "Bounty Hunter Wars" trilogy by K.W. Jeter (The Mandalorian Armor, Slave Ship and Hard Merchandise)

The Essential Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol. 1(issue #'s 1-31 reprinted in their entiretiy)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:38 pm

Those Star Wars novels are great, I have a ton of different ones.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:47 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Those Star Wars novels are great, I have a ton of different ones.

Oh yeah, I used to have a good sized pile of 'em myself years ago, haha... It's been a while since I read one but when they first started crankin' those new novels out in the mid 90s (starting with Timothy Zahn's "Heir To the Empire") I was readin' em like crazy. I tried to pick up each new book as it came out, but of course, the flow of new books became impossible to keep up with after awhile so eventually I just gave up. Haha.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 1:10 am

Friday, via Librarything's early reviews program:
"White Raven: The Sword of Northern Ancestors" by Irina Lopatina

Saturday, from a library book sale:
"Legacy" by Greg Bear
"The Years of Rice and Salt" by Kim Stanley Robinson
"The Illustrated Sherlock Holmes Treasury" by Arthur Conan Doyle
"Lady of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley
"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" by J.K. Rowling
"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" by J.K. Rowling
"Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley
"The Comics Journal Library: Jack Kirby"
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:00 pm

Saturday:
"Game of Thrones" by George R.R. Martin

Today, from an Amazon order:
"Intrigues" by Mercedes Lackey
"Under the Vale" edited by Mercedes Lackey
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:58 pm

From Books-a-Million:
"To Green Angel Tower, part 1" by Tad Williams
"Azumanga Daioh omnibus" (replacing water-damaged copies of the original release)
"Codename Sailor V 1"
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 1:45 pm

I picked up a bunch of "Avengers vs X-Men" titles from my pull-box at the comic shop yesterday
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 2:53 am

Librarything early reviewers program again:
"The Void" by Brett J. Talley
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 5:42 am

Does buying James Newman's "The Wicked" for Kindle count?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:49 am

BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Teamwork-means-you-cant-pick-the-side-thats-right-dilbert-book-collections-graphiBOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 1449421903
BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 1449410235.01.LZZZZZZZ
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:04 am

My summer reading list is now well stocked thanks to the local Church rummage sale:

Life, the Universe and Everything - Douglas Adams (I've been meaning to replace my long-lost paperbacks of the Hitchhiker's trilogy for a while now)

Meg: Hell's Aquarium - Steve Alten (yet another chapter in the "Meg" giant shark saga)

Poltergeist - James Kahn (novelization of the '82 film classic)

206 Bones - Kathy Reichs (the TV series "Bones" is based on these novels)

Carnivore - Leigh Clark (cheap n' cheesy pulp horror novel about dinosaurs)

Timeline - Michael Crichton (started reading this one a few years ago but lost the book, now I can finally finish it!)

Hannibal Rising - Thomas Harris (the only Hannibal book I haven't read)

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:20 am

The Anthology of Really Important Modern Poetry: Timeless Poems by Snooki, John Boehner, Kanye West, and Other Well-Versed Celebrities

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:26 am

Tina Fey - Bossypants

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:37 pm

LibraryThing Early Reviewers again:

"Comics and the Cold War" edited by Chris York and Rafiel York
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:21 pm

BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 4F4C467C7C343235323430387C7C434F504C
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:01 am

While passing by the magazine rack in Shop Rite yesterday, the official KISS "MONSTER" album/tour magazine jumped out at me and I simply couldn't resist... I'm such a fanboy... Very Happy

BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Medium

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 4:32 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 4F4C467C7C343235323430387C7C434F504C

Starting to see some of the cartoons that appeared in my signature last year (I miss having those but the link was dissconnected). Anybody who liked the S'sL while they were here, I recommend this collection (hell, get all the books Very Happy ).
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:31 pm

BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 61tqnfsRVPL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_
hardcover

BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 41avd5iME-L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_
hardcover

BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 41iHQG96QIL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_
hardcover

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 11:42 am

Anyone read any of James Luceno's Star Wars novels? I'm working my way through one and it's pretty good. Not as good as Timothy Zahn's books, but far better than most I've tried to work my way through. Even the recent Star Wars comics seem to pale to the ol' Marvel books

Anyway, just thought I'd ask. I'm finishing up Darth Plagueis...
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 9:55 pm

LibraryThing Early Reviewers:

"The Law of Superheroes" by James Daily and Ryan Davidson
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:39 pm

BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 BearersOfTheBlackStaffCover
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:56 pm

Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills (felt bad haggling with the guy at the flea market over the price when I saw what it list for on amazon. I pretty much stole it for the price he asked. He also cut me a break on a Celtic Frost shirt. Cool dude.)

Dance Of Days - Two Decades Of Punk In The Nation's Capital by Mark Anderson & Mark Jenkins
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 1:25 pm

A couple of days ago I did something I haven't done in a VERY long time -- bought some comic books!!

I was in a "Five Below" discount store w/my kids on Wednedsay and saw a pile of those old-fashioned "three packs" of random comics bagged together and simply couldn't resist, I bought a couple... so now I have a whole heap of assorted Marvels and DCs mostly from the late 80s and early 90s, i.e. from right around the time I was "retiring" from comics!

I haven't had time to read all of them yet but the pick of the litter thus far is a hilariously cheesy "X-Factor" annual from 1986 in which our heroes visit the U.S.S.R. and meet evil Soviet duplicates of themselves. The Commie version of "Iceman" is even making a frozen hammer-and-sickle symbol on the front cover. Laughing very hard Anachronisms, gotta love'em.

Also in the haul were an old "Punisher" issue and the final chapter of the "Robin II: The Joker's Wild!" mini-series, both of which I used to have in my old collection. Was a hoot seeing those again.

Viva nostalgia!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012   BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BOOK HAUL (Books / Comics / Zines Purchases) 2012
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next