Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My wife lost her keys...

Go down 
+13
nevermore
arachnoplasma
thejokeriv
jstate
bassman
mlotek
kmorg
Rex
exact33
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

My wife lost her keys... Empty
PostSubject: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 8:31 am

My wife lost her keys. We went looking for them this morning and they were nowhere to be found. She got home before me, so I know she let herself in. She's worried she left them in the door and someone made off with them. I guess if our alarm goes off this morning, we'll know. If we don't find them tonight, I'll have to replace the deadbolt.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:01 am

i've done that. came home late & went straight to bed. wake up in the morning & spend quite a bit of time searching like crazy for my keys, only to open the front door & find them still in the lock. fortunately for us they weren't touched.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:21 am

I keep telling her that there's no way that between 5pm (when she got home) and 6:30 (when I got home) that someone came up and took them. They have to be in the house.

She couldn't take the stress so she came and got my house keys and is going to work remotely from home (and look for the keys).

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:23 am

I hate when I lose my keys.

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:07 am

mc666 wrote:
i've done that. came home late & went straight to bed. wake up in the morning & spend quite a bit of time searching like crazy for my keys, only to open the front door & find them still in the lock. fortunately for us they weren't touched.

Been there, done that.

Even worse, one time years ago I got up in the morning, looked out my window and saw that I'd left my car door wide open overnight. Obviously I had been a bit, shall we say, "altered" at the time. I'm lucky nobody jumped in the damn thing and took off with it during the night.

It was the middle of winter too, so when I got in the car the inside of the windshield and the entire interior/dash was covered with a coating of frost.

That was probably around the time that I decided to cut back on the malt liquor 40's.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:16 am

I've left my car door open for few hours before...but never overnight.

I've also never been blackout drunk before... lol!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:16 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I've left my car door open for few hours before...but never overnight.

I've also never been blackout drunk before... lol!

Them 40 ouncers is lethal, I tells ya!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:29 am

She just texted me that she found them. In the bottom drawer in the bathroom vanity. Best she can figure is that they were in her makeup bag and fell out this morning when she was getting ready.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:30 am

hope she finds them. It is a frantic search when you cannot find them.

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:36 am

glad she located them. at least she won't drive you bananas worrying about it.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:39 am

mc666 wrote:
glad she located them. at least she won't drive you bananas worrying about it.

cheers WOO HOO! I really was worried about that...she is a worrier.

Now I don't have to spend my Saturday replacing the deadbolt & doorknob locks...
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:44 am

Lost my keys the other week. I spent a good long time looking for them everywhere inside and out. Turns out they were in plain sight on the counter beside the fridge. Doh!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:34 pm

Glad I didn't have to come over to help you look, Shawn!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:31 pm

When I used to work with my father in the garage at the workbench on something, one of us would place a tool down, then a minute later go to pick it up, but it was gone.
We'd be looking all over, starting to get angry, then would decide to get another one like it, then it appeared exactly where we left it.
angry
I'd say "What the hell man?!" and his simple response was "Devils. They are having their fun with us and being mischiveous." To him it was no big thing, and that has happened a lot in my life.
Something reappears in the same spot, or somewhere else in the same area later on, as if I was forgetful.
Good thing it happened at least once when I had someone beside me who was older and had experienced strange things like that before.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:34 pm

My wife loses her keys on almost a daily basis, it's maddening. I put a basket on the countertop right inside the door.......she forgets to drop her keys in it. I put a hook on the wall right inside the door.......she walks right past it.

Many times I have found them hanging in the lock outside, once I found them in the dishwasher! I figure after 10 years of marriage she's probably not going to get any better, so I just have to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:38 pm

It's been awhile since I lost my keys but one thing I constantly misplace is my cell phone. Fortunately it's usually somewhere in the house so all I have to do is dial its # from the house phone and then follow the sound of its ring. It winds up in some of the damnedest places...

A couple of years ago I was on my way home from seeing Iron Maiden with a buddy and about halfway home I realized I didn't have my phone on me. I freaked out, as I was less than thrilled at the prospect of having to turn around and go back to my buddy's house, or even worse, to the arena, to hunt for it. On a whim I stopped at a diner that had a pay phone (when's the last time you saw one of those, huh?) and dialed its #, thankfully someone answered it. Turns out it had fallen out of my jacket pocket @ a gas station when I'd stopped to fill up and the attendant found it. So I had to run back there and get it. That was quite a relief. Since that experience, I try to know where it is at all times!!!

Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 3:13 pm

Last time I lost my phone it had somehow ended up in the backseat on the floor under the backseat. Still no idea how it went from sitting on the passenger seat to where it ended up. Of course when I couldn't find it I freaked out (I'd had a horrible day) and kept dialing it hoping someone had picked it up. It was my girlfriend who wisely went out to the car when I was dialing, and found it. Felt like an idiot - and not because of the phone either.

Worst lost keys story for me was when I used to keep an extra house key in my Jeep's glove box. I did this since I had a sliding deck door that would always lock itself behind me. Didn't figure on my Jeep getting broken into and the key missing. Interestingly they took none of the music. Anyway, since it happened in my driveway I was scared to leave the house since I figured they were just waiting to break-in. Turns out just by a forgotten coincidence I had given the key to a friend when I was away months before this. But not before a few nervous days/nights in getting confirmation she had the key.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 3:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
It's been awhile since I lost my keys but one thing I constantly misplace is my cell phone. Fortunately it's usually somewhere in the house so all I have to do is dial its # from the house phone and then follow the sound of its ring. It winds up in some of the damnedest places...

A couple of years ago I was on my way home from seeing Iron Maiden with a buddy and about halfway home I realized I didn't have my phone on me. I freaked out, as I was less than thrilled at the prospect of having to turn around and go back to my buddy's house, or even worse, to the arena, to hunt for it. On a whim I stopped at a diner that had a pay phone (when's the last time you saw one of those, huh?) and dialed its #, thankfully someone answered it. Turns out it had fallen out of my jacket pocket @ a gas station when I'd stopped to fill up and the attendant found it. So I had to run back there and get it. That was quite a relief. Since that experience, I try to know where it is at all times!!!

Thankfully!!!

I only once lost a cell phone. Actually, I think it was stolen - it was in my holder attached to belt and then it was gone. That was at the Slayer/Megadeth/Anthrax show.....
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 4:07 pm

i hardly ever lose my cell or keys. I am a creature of habit and put them pretty much the same place every day..

arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:15 pm

Around last month I stepped outside to take my trash out. I shut the door behind me and I heard the door click rather oddly, so I turned the knob. Nothing. The door wouldn't open. It wasn't locked because the knob was turning, but something inside of the deadbolt wasn't catching or something. Of course, it had to do this when I was outside, in the middle of a cold autumn and after midnight. I had to eventually tear the trim off the side of my door and jam a screwdriver in there to force it open, and once I was inside I had to take the deadbolt out completely, so I was left without a knob or a lock on my front door for a few days. Fortunately I live in a pretty quiet and peaceful neighborhood...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 6:11 pm

Rex wrote:
Lost my keys the other week. I spent a good long time looking for them everywhere inside and out. Turns out they were in plain sight on the counter beside the fridge. Doh!

I've done that too many times!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 4:54 am

exact33 wrote:
i hardly ever lose my cell or keys. I am a creature of habit and put them pretty much the same place every day..

This is me also. But the few times they are not where they are supposed to be, I totally freak out! It's usually my wife that takes them, becasue she's misplaced her own keys!

She once left her purse (sp?) on the roof of our car, so naturally it fell off when she drove off. It contained her wallet, and her phone. We rang her number, and this fella answered it, but the batteries died out before he could tell us where we could pick it up. This nice man was at work, but when he came home, luckily he had a similar phone, so he charged the battery, and rang our home number from my wifes phone, so we sorted things out. I'm glad there are honest people still around!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 7:14 am

[quote="kmorg"]
exact33 wrote:
I'm glad there are honest people still around!

I am surprised too. A couple times when I was about to drive off with something on the roof, others would honk horns or get their car blocking me to stop me from moving, while they are pointing out at the roof.

Once lost my cellphone when it slipped out of my hoodie in a taxi (when I had a cell, stopped using it years ago)
When telling a friend, I lost it somewhere during the day, he said just call the phone company to get a trace after you call your number if they don't return it.
I called my cell 8 or 9 hours later, the cabbie told me who he was, and all day long he was calling people on my friends list and nobody knew where I was. I offered a reward, but he didn't want it and delivered it to in front of where I live.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 11:37 am

My wife has left the keys in the door many times. She's lost her wallet, that was thankfully recovered and returned, and she has lost her cell phone which wasn't. The cell phone was a funny story, as she was at an Oakland A's baseball game and accidentally flushed it down the toilet at the stadium. lol

I lost $700 once. Not surprising that it was never returned. Funny thing was that I placed it in a drawer next to my bed and it dissappeared. Strange.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 4:46 pm

kmorg wrote:
exact33 wrote:

This is me also. But the few times they are not where they are supposed to be, I totally freak out! It's usually my wife that takes them, becasue she's misplaced her own keys!

She once left her purse (sp?) on the roof of our car, so naturally it fell off when she drove off. It contained her wallet, and her phone. We rang her number, and this fella answered it, but the batteries died out before he could tell us where we could pick it up. This nice man was at work, but when he came home, luckily he had a similar phone, so he charged the battery, and rang our home number from my wifes phone, so we sorted things out. I'm glad there are honest people still around!

that is cool. I found a wallet at the post office here - mailing a package out to shawn actually - and i was trying to call the owner when he showed up.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My wife lost her keys...   My wife lost her keys... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My wife lost her keys...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next