Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP

Go down 
+5
mlotek
Smindas
Fat Freddy
exact33
Eyesore
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP Empty
PostSubject: Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP   Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:01 pm

Sweet!

Quote :
ICED EARTH mastermind Jon Schaffer's SONS OF LIBERTY project has released a brand new five-song EP, "Spirit Of The Times", via iTunes and "other digital channels." Schaffer states, "We have chosen to not involve a record label for now. We wanted to do this directly from us to you."

Schaffer developed SONS OF LIBERTY for the purpose of spreading awareness about the current state of affairs worldwide. Jon's goal for this project is not to sell records, t-shirts or tickets, but rather wake people up and to get them to start researching and talking with each other.

"Spirit Of The Times" track listing:

01. Alive
02. Full Spectrum Dominance
03. Molon Labe
04. Mind Control
05. Spirit Of The Times

Says Schaffer: "It is my sincere hope that this EP will continue to spread brushfires of liberty in the minds of people from all corners of the globe.

"I wish I would have had time to write, record, and mix more songs, but with the intense and demanding schedule that ICED EARTH is requiring from me, this is the best I could do.

"On this recording, I was once again joined by Jim Morris (guitar solos, backing vocals) and Ruben Drake (bass guitar). Jim and I programmed the drums in order to keep recording costs down.

"As you know, SONS OF LIBERTY is about the message and the idea, but there are costs involved to keep it going.

"Though I still encourage you to make copies and pass them out to everyone you can, there will not be a free download available this time around.

"Due to my recording and touring schedule with ICED EARTH, I have not been as present as I would like to be in the cause for liberty.

"Please know that I stand with all of you freedom fighters in spirit, regardless of what race you are, what language you speak, or which God you choose, or not choose, to worship. I will be there when duty calls; count on it.

"The free human spirit is rising all over the planet.

"I've been fortunate enough in my travels to speak with some amazing and very awake people in the last few years, and I can honestly and gladly state, that we are having an effect.

"Continue to educate yourselves, think for yourselves, use your power of discernment, and most importantly; be there for each other.

"Good people all over the world can band together and make this a world of peace and prosperity for all of its inhabitants if only we truly connect with the power and will of the free human spirit.

"Thanks so much for supporting the cause!"

Fore more information, visit www.sons-of-liberty.net.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP   Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:04 pm

nice. I still have to get the first album.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP   Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:15 pm

So far, good but not as good as the debut.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP   Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 10:22 pm

Digital only? Blah.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP   Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 10:57 pm

That's how the first one was at first. Thing is, you don't have to buy it. Seems like Jon's okay with people sharing it. So that's cool.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP   Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 7:28 am

Listening to it currently. Doesn't sound half bad, but a bit weaker than the first one. To be honest, the only reason the first one appealed to me so much was because it sounded more like Iced Earth than recent Iced Earth had. But now Dystopia has happened, I've lost a bit of interest.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP   Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 10:51 am

LOVE IT !

Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP Glory-patton
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP   Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 11:46 am

Sounds like Iced Earth with deeper vocals...cool.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP   Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 12:07 pm

I like it!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP   Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 1:43 pm

It's good. I really dig it.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP   Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 2:49 pm

Smindas wrote:
Listening to it currently. Doesn't sound half bad, but a bit weaker than the first one. To be honest, the only reason the first one appealed to me so much was because it sounded more like Iced Earth than recent Iced Earth had. But now Dystopia has happened, I've lost a bit of interest.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. However, Jon's is actually a good singer which also made the first one appealing (to me at least). I am going to download this one later and give it a listen to see what I think.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP   Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 3:23 pm

Jon is definitely a solid vocalist. Not a lot of range, but solid.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP   Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 4:16 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Jon is definitely a solid vocalist. Not a lot of range, but solid.

I think that's another thing. I myself have a limited range so those kind of vocals appeal to me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP   Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 7:58 pm

I thought Brush-Fires of the Mind was pretty good, but I doubt I'll be getting this, at least not for as long as it's download only.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP   Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sons of Liberty - Spirit of the Times EP
Page 1 of 1