Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scaterd Few

Go down 
+9
Sutekh
DeathCult
stepcousin
stevegarveyfan
rawr!
thejokeriv
Stender
ultmetal
Thrasher73
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Scaterd Few Empty
PostSubject: Scaterd Few   Scaterd Few Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:40 am

Im sure some of you remember these guys.I havent kept up with them much after this release but Sin Disease was a great oddity at the time.These guys fuse alot of different styles together,highly original at the time.I've heard some people compare them to System of a Down.I can see that comparison to a degree but SF are much more enjoyable to me. Enjoy!

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Scaterd Few Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scaterd Few   Scaterd Few Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:54 am

Never could get into these guys and I really TRIED to like them. When their CD came out I was on a Christian music only kick and I bought anything even remotely heavy in Christian music. This was one such disc. Listened to it over and over again and it never really clicked. I ended up trading it.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Scaterd Few Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scaterd Few   Scaterd Few Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:02 pm

I love em. Ive heard them compared to janes addiction before, maybe more of a similiarity to them on later SF discs, I dunno. Sin disease was rad, and so was the early hardcore stuff on out of the attic. Im not positive where I got this from but I have music from them called out of the attic 2 which has a ton of demo stuff from Omar's other previous band and also live scatered few stuff with HR from Bad Brains on vocals. Cool
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Scaterd Few Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scaterd Few   Scaterd Few Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:10 pm

I gave it a few listens when it first came out and could never get into it
Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

Scaterd Few Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scaterd Few   Scaterd Few Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:45 pm

i like scaterd few alright. i dont listen to them much, but thats partly because im usually looking for heavier things to put on most of the time.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

Scaterd Few Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scaterd Few   Scaterd Few Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 11:17 pm

I am SO not into this style of music, but...I absolutely love Sin Disease. It is most excellent in every conceivable way. Excellent, excellent album.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Scaterd Few Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scaterd Few   Scaterd Few Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:59 pm

I used to be really into them, their first two albums. I like the bass and the speed. I don't listen to em much anymore.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Scaterd Few Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scaterd Few   Scaterd Few Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 7:20 pm

Never even heard of 'em.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

Scaterd Few Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scaterd Few   Scaterd Few Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 7:54 pm

When this came out, everyone told me it was horrible. I picked it up a couple of years later, and loved it. Not usually my thing at all, but it just grabbed me at the time. So many ideas going on, so many different styles blending together and challenging lyrics to boot. It's not for everyone, true, but it was never meant to be.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Scaterd Few Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scaterd Few   Scaterd Few Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 9:31 am

I was like Ult,buying anything remotely heavy in the christian market at the time.I didnt like it at first but it grew on me over time.These guys were way ahead of their time IMO.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

Scaterd Few Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scaterd Few   Scaterd Few Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:02 pm

I'm a fan of this album and have owned it for years. Great stuff!

I did a review of this a while back:

Here's my full review:
http://metalfroreview.blogspot.com/2007/10/scaterd-few-sin-disease-1990.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

Scaterd Few Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scaterd Few   Scaterd Few Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:25 pm

I didn't like them at first, the recorded material just didn't click with me.

However, after seeing them live it made a lot more sense to me and I kinda got into them a little bit more.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Scaterd Few Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scaterd Few   Scaterd Few Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 8:52 am

I had Sin Disease on cassette when it was new...bought it and Seventh Angel's debut at the same time...it was cool enough...had some edgy moments...I loved how it was not typical "Christianese" stuff at the time...

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Scaterd Few Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scaterd Few   Scaterd Few Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:04 am

They sounded like a cross between Bad Brains and Bauhaus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scaterd Few Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scaterd Few   Scaterd Few Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scaterd Few
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: