Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lloyd Grant is Black?

Go down 
+6
Fat Freddy
kmorg
MetalGuy71
Spiner202
Mglaffas81
Eyesore
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Lloyd Grant is Black?  Empty
PostSubject: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 5:09 am

What the hell? Unexpected. lol!

Pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 6:20 am

Ha, yeah I actually found out about that not too long ago, while I was reading an extensive Metallica biography on some website - pretty cool, you really don't see many black people (sorry if that is offensive, but "African American" doesn't go for the whole world population as some American housemoms seem to think!) in metal - I wonder why that is?
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 6:21 am

Oh, and AWESOME performance by the way! That was freakin' cool to see! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 6:33 am

Last week I also learned that the guy who does Elmo is black! Nuts! I would have assumed a white, nerdy, effeminate guy did Elmo, not some big black dude with a deep voice. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:31 am

Lloyd Grant completely shredded Hit the Lights. It was so far above my expectations that it was ridiculous. I'm really hoping all four nights were recorded for a CD/DVD!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:09 am

Who's Lloyd Grant again?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:36 am

Spiner202 wrote:
Lloyd Grant completely shredded Hit the Lights. It was so far above my expectations that it was ridiculous. I'm really hoping all four nights were recorded for a CD/DVD!

Me too! I'd love to see all of this released!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Who's Lloyd Grant again?

A friend of Lars' and James' who contributed the guitar solo to the first recorded version of "Hit the Lights" on Metal Massacre 1.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:26 pm

Funny how little mention he gets in the history of Metallica. Ron McGoveny, Dave Mustaine, sure. Lloyd Grant? Who?

Well, that's whitey for you. Always trying to keep the black man down.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:40 pm

I gotta say, I may not be the Metallica fanboy I once was, but I would've given a kidney to be at one of those Anniversary concerts. I mean damn, they brought out Mustaine, Ozzy, Geezer, Newsted, Lloyd Grant... even Hugh Tanner, who was James' band mate in the pre-Metallica band "Leather Charm," came out and did a song with 'em. (I had to Google his name to find out who the hell he was. Haha.) It must've been like a high school reunion run amuck in there.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:09 pm

They did pull out all the stops on this thing. Gotta give them some credit for that. Special guests, unreleased songs & deep tracks performed, small-ish venue to get up close for the fans. Pretty cool of them.

They need to do as much damage control as possible after the "LuLu" debacle.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:22 pm

Wow, I guess that I'm surprised that a lot of people didn't know that Mr. Grant is black...

...now an African-American man doing Elmo's voice...I had absolutely no idea. Doesn't change the fact that the voice he does is cringe worthy.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:28 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Wow, I guess that I'm surprised that a lot of people didn't know that Mr. Grant is black...

...now an African-American man doing Elmo's voice...I had absolutely no idea. Doesn't change the fact that the voice he does is cringe worthy.

Yeah, next their gonna try and tell us that Darth Vader's voice is that of a colored bro.....

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:30 pm

Quote :

I think Barney the purple dinosaur was a black guy in the suit too.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

I think Barney the purple dinosaur was a black guy in the suit too.

...uh, equaling annoying!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:15 pm

These shows were definitely pretty awesome, and this will definitely come out on a big CD/DVD package. How could it not? The whole thing was brilliant, if you ask me. Yeah, James's singing is kinda weak now, but this was still pretty damn cool.

As for Lloyd Grant, I've obviously known the name for, you know 25 years or so, same with Ron McGovney. But when Lloyd came out, I was shocked. Haha.

By the way, I think Elmo's voice is hilarious. Wish I could do it. I can the Swedish Chef, Kermit, Ernie, and a bunch of others, but my Elmo voice sucks! =(
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:16 pm

Quote :
Swedish Chef

I can do his voice pretty well too. Bork bork bork bork!!!

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:
These shows were definitely pretty awesome, and this will definitely come out on a big CD/DVD package. How could it not? The whole thing was brilliant, if you ask me. Yeah, James's singing is kinda weak now, but this was still pretty damn cool.

Say what you want about James and his voice, but did you see the clip of James reaching down and pulling out the low voice for Metal Militia. I was impressed, as I haven't heard James go this low since some early boots in 1984.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:29 pm

It would have been wicked cool if they'd let Dave take lead vocal on a song.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:56 pm

Has James quit drinking or something? He looks thinner.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Has James quit drinking or something? He looks thinner.

I noticed the same thing, when I clicked on the first video from this weekend's shows at the Fillmore. He's been sober for years, but I'm guessing he's doing some major restructuring of his diet, and it looks like he is also into some serious cardio. I thought he looked WAY too heavy at the shows for the Big 4. Mustaine has also mentioned that his weight has plateaued to where he doesn't like the way he feels or looks. He needs to ask James what he did...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 5:46 pm

Yep, Lloyd is a black guy. He still lives in Southern Cali and actually went to my friends place to jam several years ago after placing an ad in a paper.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 6:12 pm

Quote :
As for Lloyd Grant, I've obviously known the name for, you know 25 years or so, same with Ron McGovney. But when Lloyd came out, I was shocked. Haha.

He was just a very small footnote in Metallica's history. For most people, a name without a face for years...
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:14 pm

It's always cool to see someone doing something outside of their "expected" stereotype. Black hockey players, Black metalists, White running backs, etc...break the mold!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:52 pm

So what do those 3 X's represent???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lloyd Grant is Black?    Lloyd Grant is Black?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lloyd Grant is Black?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next