Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One great thing about having a depressed music industry

Go down 
+12
exact33
Rex
thejokeriv
krokus
BearOnUnicycle
Mglaffas81
GrandNational
Olafsto
sheets
Cliffy
Lurideath
Temple of Blood
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

One great thing about having a depressed music industry - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One great thing about having a depressed music industry   One great thing about having a depressed music industry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:43 am

Maiden has evolved. I'm sure they could come back and do a retread of Number Of The Beast if they wanted to...but I for one am glad they didn't. We've been there and done that.

Why people want their favorite artists to ignore evolution and go back to being exactly what they were 30 years ago is beyond me.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: One great thing about having a depressed music industry   One great thing about having a depressed music industry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 2:05 am

S.D. wrote:

Why people want their favorite artists to ignore evolution and go back to being exactly what they were 30 years ago is beyond me.

Straw man!

I'm not asking them to do that. I'm asking them not to write boring songs.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: One great thing about having a depressed music industry   One great thing about having a depressed music industry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 2:06 am

exact33 wrote:
Not every album was perfect nor was every song a classic.

Totally agree with ya there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One great thing about having a depressed music industry   One great thing about having a depressed music industry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 2:19 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Straw man!

Boring is all in the perception of the listener.

Do I think they could use some more variety? Yes. Would I like to hear some shorter, punchier tracks? Yes. But for the most part I'm happy with the material they are doing.

At least none of the new material is as embarrassing as something like "Quest For Fire" from Piece of Mind.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: One great thing about having a depressed music industry   One great thing about having a depressed music industry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:08 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Rex wrote:
Count me as one who doesn't think the newer maiden is anywhere near as good as their older classic albums.

Thank you.

Even the two Blaze albums had some very strong songs. "Sign of the Cross" is a masterpiece and I hear nothing on their last 3 albums to compare with it.

Well, I guess you need some Q-Tips!!!!!!!!

Here's a list for you of tracks BETTER than Sign Of The Cross (which is an EXCELLENT track! Especially when Bruce sings it and Adrian plays on it!)

Dance Of Death, Pachendale, No More Lies
These Colours Don't Run, The Longest Day, For The Greater Good For God, Lord Of Light, The Legacy
Isle OF Avalon, Starblind, The Talisman, When The Wild WInd Blows

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: One great thing about having a depressed music industry   One great thing about having a depressed music industry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:09 am

S.D. wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Straw man!

Do I think they could use some more variety? Yes. Would I like to hear some shorter, punchier tracks? Yes. But for the most part I'm happy with the material they are doing.

At least none of the new material is as embarrassing as something like "Quest For Fire" from Piece of Mind.

A couple more punchy tracks per album would be good! I REALLY like El Dorado for that reason!
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: One great thing about having a depressed music industry   One great thing about having a depressed music industry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:27 am

I might get flogged for this, but I think I prefer Maiden now. Of course I love their classics, but I guess I'm just into "boring" songs. Razz
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: One great thing about having a depressed music industry   One great thing about having a depressed music industry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:29 am

Joe wrote:
I might get flogged for this, but I think I prefer Maiden now. Of course I love their classics, but I guess I'm just into "boring" songs. Razz

Not by me you won't!!!!!!!!! You probably have played the classics to death and are ready for new music!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: One great thing about having a depressed music industry   One great thing about having a depressed music industry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:56 am

S.D. wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Straw man!

Shawn is right - some may find it boring, some may enjoy it. Making demonstrative statements and then arguing people like boring songs is kinda silly regarding as subjective as music.

snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: One great thing about having a depressed music industry   One great thing about having a depressed music industry - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:02 pm

I think Maiden's recent albums are very good. I just wish they wouldn't focus so much on the longer tracks. Sometimes they seem too long and a bit unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One great thing about having a depressed music industry   One great thing about having a depressed music industry - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One great thing about having a depressed music industry
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2