Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WOLFPAKK

Go down 
+3
Thrasher73
exact33
Olafsto
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

WOLFPAKK Empty
PostSubject: WOLFPAKK   WOLFPAKK Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 10:23 am

2011 has been a year of little CD shopping and time for music and boards for me, but this project got my attention when i read about it in a magzine a while back.
Bought it on it`s release and it is one of the very few new CD`s that i play over and over again. Recommended for all fans of melodic and catchy metal.
They even found a spot for Ripper Owens Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

WOLFPAKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLFPAKK   WOLFPAKK Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 10:32 am

You are right Olaf - it is a fantastic cd. Wargod told me about them and this is one of those 'it doesnt go far from my cd player' releases.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

WOLFPAKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLFPAKK   WOLFPAKK Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:41 am

I listened to some samples of this after noticing it on Exacts list and was pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

WOLFPAKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLFPAKK   WOLFPAKK Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:03 pm

Great slab of metal!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

Number of posts : 126

WOLFPAKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLFPAKK   WOLFPAKK Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:15 am

Cool metal. Need to pick it up.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

WOLFPAKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLFPAKK   WOLFPAKK Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 7:53 am

This and Epysode are two great projects that`s signed to AFM. That label has put out tons of good albums lately lately.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

WOLFPAKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLFPAKK   WOLFPAKK Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 2:23 pm

Olafsto wrote:
This and Epysode are two great projects that`s signed to AFM. That label has put out tons of good albums lately lately.

I liked this one a lot more than Epysode. I know a lot of others dig them but it just didnt click for me.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

WOLFPAKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLFPAKK   WOLFPAKK Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:29 pm

decent hard rock.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

WOLFPAKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLFPAKK   WOLFPAKK Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:33 pm

exact33 wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

I liked this one a lot more than Epysode. I know a lot of others dig them but it just didnt click for me.

Well epysode took a lot more time to sink in with me, but now i just love it. One of those albums that gets better the more i listen to it. But if i had to choose i would say Wolpakk is the best of them yeah.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

WOLFPAKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLFPAKK   WOLFPAKK Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 9:34 pm

Olafsto wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

Well epysode took a lot more time to sink in with me, but now i just love it. One of those albums that gets better the more i listen to it. But if i had to choose i would say Wolpakk is the best of them yeah.

I think Wolfpakk has just the right mix of melody and aggressiveness.

Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

WOLFPAKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLFPAKK   WOLFPAKK Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 7:52 am

New album out now...

To seasoned music lovers, it was obvious and little or no surprise, that the WOLFPAKK debut album of 2011 would not be the last we would hear of the all-star project led by Mark Sweeney (ex-Crystal Ball) and Michael Voss (Mad Max, ex-Casanova). Now, two years later, WOLFPAKK returns with brand new album “Cry Wolf”, and once again many high-class musicians contribute with their very own styles and strengths, forging an album that even outshines that well-received debut.

As on “Wolfpakk” (2011), Voss and Sweeney wrote all the songs together (bar 1 cover version) and were responsible once again for production, mix and vocals.

The process of creating “Cry Wolf” held many personal highlights for the WOLFPAKK leaders, one definitely being the participation of iconic keyboard player Tony Carey, keyboard player for none other than Rainbow.

“It was just unbelievable to have the great Tony Carey on our album”, Sweeney reflects. “The man is a legend and was part of the line-up which recorded Rainbow’s “Rising”, one of the most important albums in rock history. Now, doing a cover version of a track from this very album with Tony playing keyboards, is something very special. And the fact that he likes our cover version of “Run With The Wolf” a lot, makes us extremely proud”.

But Carey is just one of the many fantastic musicians to join the “Pakk” this time. In fact the impressive cast list reads like a veritable “who’s who” of the hard rock/metal scene:

Vocals:
Amanda Somerville (Kiske/Somerville), Ralf Scheepers (Primal Fear), Göran Edman (Ex-Yngwie Malmsteen), Johnny Gioeli (Axel Rudi Pell, Hardline), Doogie White (Ex-Rainbow, Michael Schenker), Tony Mills (Shy, TNT), Blaze Baley (Ex-Iron Maiden), Piet Sielck (Iron Savior), Jean-Marc Viller (Callaway)

Bass:
Mike Winkler (Session Musician)

Guitars:
Kee Marcello (Ex-Europe), Mandy Meyer (Krokus, Ex-Gotthard), Roland Grapow (Masterplan), Martin Rauber (Top4tea)

Keyboards:
Don Airey (Deep Purple), Tony Carey (Ex-Rainbow)

Drums: Gereon Homann (Eat The Gun), Brian Tichy (Whitesnake /Ozzy), Hermann Rarebell (Ex-Scorpions), Roland Jahoda (Ex-Paradox, F.U.C.K.)

Style-wise the material of “Cry Wolf” follows pretty much the same path as the successful debut. Meaning: any fan of high-quality hard rock can look forward to an album full of catchy, powerful songs, with enough variety to remain exciting forever and a day. From up-tempo smashers such as “The Beast In Me” to beautiful ballads (“Cold Winter”), stomping mid-paced songs (“Pressure Down”) and its 10-minute, epic title track, “Cry Wolf” just delivers.

WOLFPAKK have recently filmed video clips for the songs “Dark Revelation” and “Cold Winter”, both (while very different) enthralling, And you can bet your bottom dollar, that Sweeney and Voss are already talking about and crafting ideas for future collaborations…

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

WOLFPAKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLFPAKK   WOLFPAKK Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 11:49 am

I liked the first one, i'll check this out.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

WOLFPAKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLFPAKK   WOLFPAKK Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 11:57 am

The new one is great as well!

NP: David "Rock" Feinstein - Clash Of Armor

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

WOLFPAKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLFPAKK   WOLFPAKK Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 9:04 pm

I liked the samples on the new one so on the list it goes.

Sponsored content

WOLFPAKK Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLFPAKK   WOLFPAKK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WOLFPAKK
Page 1 of 1