Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Beavis & Butthead Thread

Go down 
+5
mikeinfla
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
kmorg
EmoElmo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

The Beavis & Butthead Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Beavis & Butthead Thread   The Beavis & Butthead Thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 10:14 pm

As the New Season rolled barely a month ago, I just can't help but anticipate it week after week, to all those B&B fanatics out there ,I would love to hear some thoughts and reviews, This show Rockz!!! The Beavis & Butthead Thread 499945

The Beavis & Butthead Thread Beavis-and-butt-head-review_article_story_main
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Beavis & Butthead Thread   The Beavis & Butthead Thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:29 am

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Beavis & Butthead Thread   The Beavis & Butthead Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 9:34 pm

Bumpity-bump-bump.

Beavis & Butthead are getting rebooted again, this time for Comedy Central...
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/heavy-metal-loving-cartoon-characters-beavis-and-butt-head-revived-at-comedy-central/

"Huh-huh, hey Beavis, we're nostalgic now, huh-huh". "No way, Butthead! We're just old. That sucks".

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Beavis & Butthead Thread   The Beavis & Butthead Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 10:24 pm

How is this going to work?

Beavis and Butthead used to sit on their couch and watch music videos. Sure there were some sidetracks to stuff like them in school but the crux of the show was the duo watching and "critiquing" music videos. Who makes videos anymore?

But I learned about a lot of bands I'd never heard of while watching this show.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: The Beavis & Butthead Thread   The Beavis & Butthead Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 6:27 am

been a long time since I have seen them. I remember them in the early days before it was even a show and it was just a skit on Liquid Television. And Office Space was a skit on there as well. 

Mr. Anderson = Hank Hill
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: The Beavis & Butthead Thread   The Beavis & Butthead Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 8:03 am

Oh lord, no. I could only take B&B in small doses the first time around. I'll pass.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: The Beavis & Butthead Thread   The Beavis & Butthead Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 11:14 am

Pass. I never watched it the first go around and I'm not going to this time either. I'll stick with King Of The Hill reruns
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: The Beavis & Butthead Thread   The Beavis & Butthead Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 1:34 pm

I welcome it!

How will it work without music videos? And what about the ultra sensitivity and political correctness of modern times?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: The Beavis & Butthead Thread   The Beavis & Butthead Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 2:08 pm

Quote :
How will it work without music videos?

I bet they'll watch YouTube and Tik Tok clips instead of music videos.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Beavis & Butthead Thread   The Beavis & Butthead Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 10:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
How will it work without music videos?

I bet they'll watch YouTube and Tik Tok clips instead of music videos.

The last incarnation, they watched clips of MTV reality shows like "The Jersey Shore" and goofed on that, as if that garbage needed additional goofing on. I'm a big Mike Judge fan, but I just don't see this working. B&B goofing on TikTok videos just seems like something old people (like us) do. "Stupid millennials and their Tik Toks! Why don't these people get a real job?"

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: The Beavis & Butthead Thread   The Beavis & Butthead Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 10:35 pm

This clip will never fail to make me laugh:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: The Beavis & Butthead Thread   The Beavis & Butthead Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 10:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:
How is this going to work?

Beavis and Butthead used to sit on their couch and watch music videos.  Sure there were some sidetracks to stuff like them in school but the crux of the show was the duo watching and "critiquing" music videos.  Who makes videos anymore?

But I learned about a lot of bands I'd never heard of while watching this show.

Music videos remain among the most viewed YouTube videos.

But I've talked to people who don't understand why metal or hard rock bands continue to make music videos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Beavis & Butthead Thread   The Beavis & Butthead Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Beavis & Butthead Thread
Page 1 of 1