Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UFO

Go down 
+5
James B.
Fat Freddy
Wargod
manny
MEGATRON
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

UFO Empty
PostSubject: UFO   UFO Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:18 pm

Anyone else a fan of this band? I've been listening to their latest albums; 'The Monkey Puzzle' & 'The Visitor'. Both are great albums, quite similar sounding to modern day Deep Purple.

Any recommendations?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

UFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO   UFO Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:53 pm

Yes 'Obsession' and the live 'Strangers in the Night' because they will kick your ass,
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

UFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO   UFO Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:40 am

MEGATRON wrote:
Anyone else a fan of this band? I've been listening to their latest albums; 'The Monkey Puzzle' & 'The Visitor'. Both are great albums, quite similar sounding to modern day Deep Purple.

Any recommendations?

Yes all their 70's albums their best IMO.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

UFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO   UFO Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:05 am

Eddie Trunk from "That Metal Show" is a UFO fanboy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

UFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO   UFO Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:05 am

Phenomenon, Force It, No Heavy Pettin, Light Out, Obsession, No Place To Run, The Wild...The Willing...and The Innoccent, Walk On Water, The Covenant, and of course....Strangers In The Night

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

UFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO   UFO Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 10:46 am

I love UFO, one of the best hard rock bands of the '70s! I have a 5-CD set called The Chrysalis Years (1973-1979) which contains Phenomenon, Force It, No Heavy Petting, Lights Out, Obsession, and Strangers in the Night. However, the next four studio albums they released after that are all on my want list (would love to see them released in another set). I also recently bought a live DVD of theirs with a live show from 1980 on it, but I haven't watched it yet.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

UFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO   UFO Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 4:14 pm

James B. wrote:
Phenomenon, Force It, No Heavy Pettin, Light Out, Obsession, No Place To Run, The Wild...The Willing...and The Innoccent, Walk On Water, The Covenant, and of course....Strangers In The Night

This guy.

I would add 1982's Mechanix on there as well and you have a hefty dose of required listening from a criminally underrated band outside of Eddie Trunk's flag waving.

These guys, along with Thin Lizzy, pretty much single handedly inspired the New Wave of British Heavy Metal movement and had a profound, unsung influence on everything you listen to today.

Saw them in Baltimore in May and they give an unforgettable live show. Excellent band, worth your time and money.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

UFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO   UFO Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 4:49 pm

My only UFO album is Sharks. I got it after borrowing it once. I liked it so much I ripped it and later bought my own copy of the CD when I happened to see it. Aside from that, I only know the song Doctor Doctor.

I was about to get Walk on Water one time, but then picked up something else instead.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

UFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO   UFO Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:11 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, guys!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

UFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO   UFO Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:14 pm

I'm not big on live albums but for my money, "Strangers In The Night" is a must have. It's a nice showcase of UFO's early music and it's an energetic performance.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

UFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO   UFO Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:18 pm

I like the Atomic Tommy era as well. Tommy Mc Clendon is a really cool dude.

UFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO   UFO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: