Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD

Go down 
+2
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD Empty
PostSubject: Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD   Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 4:30 pm

I didn't hear about this or even knew this show took place but from the video it looked pretty cool and the band sounded great.

A preview of the forthcoming DVD from Swedish multi-instrumentalist Snowy Shaw is available in the YouTube clip below. The footage was professionally filmed at Snowy's concert on May 27, 2011 at the Brew House in Gothenburg, Sweden. The one-off event saw Shaw performing "all his favorite songs" from "all his former bands" — including KING DIAMOND, NOTRE DAME, DREAM EVIL, MERCYFUL FATE, THERION, MEMENTO MORI, ILLWILL, XXX and DIMMU BORGIR) — and featured guest appearances by the following musicians:

* Andy La Rocque (KING DIAMOND, ILLWILL)
* Mike Wead (BIBLEBLACK, KING DIAMOND, MERCYFUL FATE)
* Hal Patino (KING DIAMOND)
* Mats Levén (THERION, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, TREAT, KRUX)
* Thomas Vikström (CANDLEMASS)
* Kee Marcello (EUROPE)
* Jackie Patino (a.k.a. Maryann Cotton)

Snowy's backing band consisted of the following players:

* Kristian Niemann (ex-THERION) - Lead Guitar
* Mannequin De Sade (ex-NOTRE DAME, ENGEL) - Drums
* Elvira - Bass

When asked what prompted him to stage this unusual concert, Snowy told BLABBERMOUTH.NET earlier in the year, "First of all, few people been involved in as many bands as I have, and over the years people kept saying I should revive NOTRE DAME, reunite with KING DIAMOND or MEMENTO MORI, or that DREAM EVIL wasn't as good without me and so on. Personally, I'm not a big fan of moving backwards, but this concept is something altogether new and fresh, perhaps even unique. To the best of my knowledge, I don't know of anyone else who've done anything like this before, and I feel really excited and optimistic about it. From the moment it first crossed my mind and the more I thought about it, I loved the idea of offering people a kick-ass 'best- of' show with all the favorites, classics and hits of all my former bands together with my all-star band and occasional special guest stars connected to those bands. And so far people seem to love the idea and concept, and the response has been nothing less than great."

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD   Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 4:44 pm

Sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD   Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 7:22 pm

He certainly does a good king diamond impression.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD   Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 10:21 pm

He's working his butt off through that whole show!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD   Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 10:54 pm

That man is Heavy Metal in the flesh.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD   Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 4:04 pm

Rex wrote:
He certainly does a good king diamond impression.

Yea I didn't expect that from him but I was impressed.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD   Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 4:06 pm

bassman wrote:
He's working his butt off through that whole show!

Yea. hes basically a 1 man show hahaha. I think thats why I like him though. He's very talented and can do just about anything and everything. I'm surprised he doesn't get a lot more respect or more notice from people. Theres not too many people that can pull off what he does.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD   Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 4:15 pm

He is great but hasn't stuck with anything long enough to make a name for himself.

I think he should've stayed in MERCYFUL FATE personally.

I don't think he's really the epitome of metal because hasn't he been doing goth rock as his main band for 10+ years now?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD   Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 5:11 pm

The only band he seems to be doing now is Therion. He disbanded Notre Dame the other band XXX that he was doing I haven't heard much about since the album was released but that was more glam rock sounding.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD   Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 6:45 pm

Sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD   Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snowy Shaw All Star Band DVD
Page 1 of 1