Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My night at the Anvil concert

Go down 
+9
nevermore
speed101
thejokeriv
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Lurideath
mez
13 posters
AuthorMessage
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

My night at the Anvil concert Empty
PostSubject: My night at the Anvil concert   My night at the Anvil concert Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 4:02 pm

First off, I am not going to lie, I didnt know who Anvil was till I saw the trailer on them for the documentary made on them. One I might in fact say I thought was a Spinal Tap reboot. However when seeing it I realized this was the real deal and just thought these guys were awesome.

They came to my town last night and played. I got to tell you all, if they come close by, they truly are worth seeing. They are so heavy and so happy and gracious to the fans that it makes you realize that not to many bands see fans like they do. Like RJD, they know it is us who makes them known and they show how grateful they are. Lips was very personable on stage and every song they played somehow sounded even better live.

After the show Lips promised to come down and shake everyone hands. So I got to meet him, shake his hand, autographs, and get a few pics. Not once did he seem irritated with anyone. Glenn (bass player) went straight away to packing up. Rob disappeared to the green room and was so stoned and avoided everyone. He has a look of paranoia or something and just tried to be in the background. Understand, he was not rude, he may be more a Neil Peart sort of guy. I still got to shake his hand and thanked them for coming, which he simply said "Welcome, and Thanks to you". Good enough.

So hands down these guys are worth the low price of a ticket they sell at, and even if you barely know them like my 3 buddies were like. They are all hard core fans now!

Lastly, be sure never to let a grossly drunk friend into your new car. I just bought a new Ridgeline and my bud was in a stupor. He ended up vomiting all over himself in my car. I pull over and he takes his shirt off and stuck his head out the window the rest of the ride home puking. Here was me driving home with a half naked 350 pound man puking out my window. What a sight! Funny, sort of felt like something in a movie. Despite inside being grossed out, and irritated that my truck is in dire need of cleaning, I could do nothing but laugh about it all.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: My night at the Anvil concert   My night at the Anvil concert Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Glad you had a good time man! I'll be seeing them here in Vegas on Monday!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: My night at the Anvil concert   My night at the Anvil concert Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 4:16 pm

Saw them a couple years ago and had a similar awesome experience with meeting the band. I've been a fan since 1982, so it was awesome to FINALLY get to see them and meet them. The night I saw them, both Glenn and Rob came out and shook hands and greeted the fans. Thankully, I didn't have a "half naked 350 pound man puking out my window". LOL!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: My night at the Anvil concert   My night at the Anvil concert Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 4:21 pm

Saw them back in '95 opening for Raven. They put on a great show. I was a casual fan before that gig, but afterwards I became Instant Fanboy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

PostSubject: Re: My night at the Anvil concert   My night at the Anvil concert Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 4:29 pm

Yeah, having seen them live has placed me to get the whole catalog now, not just a few of the CD's I have. Even though I mostly use iPod, I still buy CD's to help support the bands.

I only wish I knew them sooner, I missed out those years on good metal. Back in the mid 80's before I was even a teen, I do recall my cousin having a couple of the albums on tape. But I am to young to say I heard them. I only recall this memory having seen the album covers.

Truly another great act that has come from Canada.

I got some pics and some decent videos from my iPhone but I dont know how to add them to a posting board for you guys to hear/see.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: My night at the Anvil concert   My night at the Anvil concert Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:09 pm

I saw Anvil live back in May. I met the band and they autographed my Juggernaut of Justice CD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: My night at the Anvil concert   My night at the Anvil concert Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:02 pm

Saw them twice in 2009, once in New Orleans (vacationing and they just happened to be playing!!!) and in DC. Met Lips, Robb and Steve - all cool guys. I bought the movie and had them sign it.

I had a great time and they out on a great show! I DC show was better, but the club was packed for that one and the New Orleans show had may 200 people there.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: My night at the Anvil concert   My night at the Anvil concert Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 6:21 am

I wish theyed play near me but i doubt they play near Conway South Carolina.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: My night at the Anvil concert   My night at the Anvil concert Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:58 am

Mez, aren't you in the Pittsburgh area ? If so,where'd they play. I had no idea they were even here. Man, I'm so far out of the loop it looks like a dot to me !
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: My night at the Anvil concert   My night at the Anvil concert Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:57 pm

I got to see them last year in Charlotte. It was a fantastic show that I'm so glad I attended. They immediately came out after the show signed autographs, took pictures and hung out with everyone.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: My night at the Anvil concert   My night at the Anvil concert Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 6:27 pm

I saw them once.....my hair was long then....man I feel old. I'd love to see them nowadays, they'll never come to Montana though.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: My night at the Anvil concert   My night at the Anvil concert Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Quote :
First off, I am not going to lie, I didnt know who Anvil was till I saw the trailer on them for the documentary made on them. One I might in fact say I thought was a Spinal Tap reboot. However when seeing it I realized this was the real deal and just thought these guys were awesome.

I'm the same way. Until the documentary popped up (I personally haven't seen it), I didn't know about them though I probably saw them while browsing through NLTM. They are great and I will get more in the future. I only have Forged In Fire, Metal On Metal, This Is Thirteen, and Juggernaught Of Justice (which still holds firmly in my top 5 this year). Sounds like you had a blast. I miss going to concerts but hopefully I will have a job soon and I can remedy that situation.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: My night at the Anvil concert   My night at the Anvil concert Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:10 am

Glad you had a good time. I saw them in DC last year and they give a pretty good show. I think they're severely mediocre though. They have a trio of classic albums, and a very good 2011 release with JoJ, but otherwise I think they garner a lot of sympathy points simply for their amazing story.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
sabbathblack666
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: My night at the Anvil concert   My night at the Anvil concert Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 1:46 pm

senn them in regina on there canada tour got to loaded and missed most of it metal rules
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

PostSubject: Re: My night at the Anvil concert   My night at the Anvil concert Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 5:05 pm

007 wrote:
Mez, aren't you in the Pittsburgh area ? If so,where'd they play. I had no idea they were even here. Man, I'm so far out of the loop it looks like a dot to me !

Yes I am bud! They was at the Altar Bar, which was my first time there and it was a really cool venue, located on the strip. It was to me what the old Graffiti venue was. Lips even mentioned his first place they played in PA was The Electric Banana, which I recall being a major punk hangout back in the 80's. Im talking with the neon colored mohawks that stretched 2 feet in the air. A bummer you missed it. If your interested, Anthrax is coming to Stage AE in November, but I will be missing it since I am taking the family to Disney.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: My night at the Anvil concert   My night at the Anvil concert Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:43 pm

mez wrote:
007 wrote:

Yes I am bud! They was at the Altar Bar, which was my first time there and it was a really cool venue, located on the strip. It was to me what the old Graffiti venue was. Lips even mentioned his first place they played in PA was The Electric Banana, which I recall being a major punk hangout back in the 80's. Im talking with the neon colored mohawks that stretched 2 feet in the air. A bummer you missed it. If your interested, Anthrax is coming to Stage AE in November, but I will be missing it since I am taking the family to Disney.

Cool. I've never been over to the Altar Bar.Hopefully I'll be able to catch a show there one of these days. And thanks for the Anthrax tip ! I'll have to check the time,date,etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My night at the Anvil concert   My night at the Anvil concert Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My night at the Anvil concert
Page 1 of 1